X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: "Fun, Fun, Fun" Edition

But did YOU tell us?

When I came in last night, my manager said he suspected that one of the rooms had a pet in it, that had not been declared. A few minutes later, a guest complained about a barking dog coming from that room.

So he assessed the $250.00 Undeclared Pet Fee. Before he left, I made sure to ask if there were any circumstances under which I could convert it to the regular pet fee, and he said no, because we had a complaint from another guest, and they were unreachable (on top of the pet not being declared under a 2 night reservation, this being the 2nd night).

The guest was upset in the morning when she got her receipt and discovered the fee. She said she HAD declared the pet when she booked the room. Online. Which means the notes were not passed on from the Online Booking Agent to us. On top of that she initialed the clause on our Reg. card basically saying you don't have any pets. The person she checked in with ABSOLUTELY WOULD HAVE charged the pet fee AND had her sign the Pet Agreement (neither of which was done).

Sge brought up that she had had her pet with her when she had stayed with us previously, (she did, and the OBA notes came through as well, and she paid the regular pet fee), but that really didn't change the fact that we don't remember everyone who walks through the door, and you need to tell US at check in any special arrangements you require.

Sure you did

Had a guest check in last night and say that he had requested a Rollaway when he booked the room. We have had long term guests for more than a month now, and they all have the extra cots, so NO ONE at the desk would have told him that we have them. I told him the situation.

He insisted that some one had pretty much guaranteed it for him, and I repeated that we didn't have one. He asked me to get one for him, because he was told when he called that he could have one, and I reiterated that they were all taken.

He wasn't happy about it.

Messy People

One of the long term guests exchanged his linen this morning, and apparently (according to him) someone had literally wiped their ass with a washcloth and/or hand towel.

Had another guest who insisted we send someone at 730 this morning to clean her "filthy" shower, and when I told her we didn't have any personnel available at the time, got quite upset. But since she had apparently MADE THE MESS in the first place (per my GM), I really don't feel so sorry for her.

TTFN,

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

These stories are becoming one of my favorites now. I've stayed at hotels many times, and have actually not had the pleasure of witnessing things like this. The only memorable times I recall are the ones who complain about cable TV not working, or the woman who demanded a free night after she discovered the pool was closed for repairs (never mind they told her upon checking in the night before).

Comment

I'm sure we're only privy to the real bad eggs with the pet policy, but I definitely see why it's a rare thing in hotels these days

Comment

Working...
      X