Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tow Files: Mama! They're Commin' Home!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the people for whom the phrase, "You can't fix stupid" was coined. Just....wow. Especially the partiers. Oblivious, stupid, already stoned, who knows...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
      A simple answer to the "at owner's expense" line is: "Ok, when the owner of that space comes down and pays the drop fee, you can have your car back. If he doesn't do so immediately, he can come down to the yard and pay the tow fee. Or you can pay the drop fee now and take it up with him after."

But somehow I don't think that logic would work, either.
      Oh nooooo! THEN they would've said that since the space's owner owes the money, he has no right to take their car! He should just go chase down the space's owner for the payment.

Yeah, it would've been fun, but I agree, it wouldn't have any any difference at all.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
        The burger place, wow..<snip> Cha-ching!
        Ooh yeah, that's exactly what came to mind. They've already made roughly 10K in 2 weeks, assuming most were actual tows and people actually claimed their cars.

Then I read about the party peeps. Not only hilarious, but I kept thinking Cha-ching Cha-ching Cha-ching!
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Whatever shall they do with all that profit?!
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
            Whatever shall they do with all that profit?!
            I'm sure Arga wouldn't say no to a raise.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              I really wish I could come up with something funny and snarky to end this segment, like I usually do, but everytime I go back and re-read that bit of pure weapons-grade inanity, well, another hundred or so of my brain cells pack their bags, get their passports stamped and leave my head for greener pastures. So I'll just leave it up to you all to imagine your own stinger for it. As it is right now, if I read it one more time, I might start unwittingly drooling all over the keyboard.

Agra remember where you are posting this and also remember how many times lots of us just can not comprehend the non-reading and self induced blindness/blinders that a vast portion of the human population does to itself.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

pure weapons-grade inanity
                Love it!! I'm going to have to start using that. Lord knows it describes my office so well.

Something to be avoided but not considered worthy of attention. (Which to be fair, I kinda am)
                Well, you're half right. To be avoided (in your professional capacity), certainly, but very definitely worthy of attention. Your posts always make me laugh!
                Last edited by thatcrazyredhead; 10-24-2013, 06:47 PM.
                "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                  Agra remember where you are posting this and also remember how many times lots of us just can not comprehend the non-reading and self induced blindness/blinders that a vast portion of the human population does to itself.
                  Believe me, I totally do not comprehend it. In ages past, if a person went about with their head in the clouds and not paying attention to their surroundings, they ended up falling off a cliff or killed by wild animals. At the very least, their tribesmates scolded them for their stupidity and they hopefully learned to pay better attention.

Nowadays, willful stupidity is popular and rewarded. Why, I have no idea. Perhaps we smart people were born in the wrong era and this is the dawning of the Age of Duh-quarius.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Argabara
                    Slim obligingly pointed to the closest "no parking" sign, to which the customer looked at, thought about it for a second and then declared:

"That ain't no sign!"

I really wish I could come up with something funny and snarky to end this segment, like I usually do, but everytime I go back and re-read that bit of pure weapons-grade inanity, well, another hundred or so of my brain cells pack their bags, get their passports stamped and leave my head for greener pastures.
                    You have just described to a T how I feel on an almost daily basis trying to explain basic stuff to coworkers.

Such as how do you miss the mop sink, as it's on the way back to the reclaim area, you have to drop off something leaking into a box on the float???

Or why, if you're through with a float, why do you leave it parked in front of the baler after you're through with it rather than walk it 6 feet to the grocery back room and leave it there???

Or try to explain to Butt-Head that boxes are made of cardboard, which he wants to argue are made from water.

Yep, my brain cells want to escape and leave the country on a daily basis.

Quoth XCashier
                    Nowadays, willful stupidity is popular and rewarded. Why, I have no idea. Perhaps we smart people were born in the wrong era and this is the dawning of the Age of Duh-quarius.
                    Give me a few days . . . I've actually got some lyrics coming to my brain (what brain cells didn't leave the country yet, at least.)
                    Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 10-24-2013, 07:56 PM.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      this is the dawning of the Age of Duh-quarius.
                      Thanks for the ear worm, lol.
                      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

You should also consider that after I turned down your "generous" $40 bribe to let your car out without full payment because "no one will know", and the other tower standing next to me likewise turned down your "generous" $40 bribe, and the guy who towed your car itself who was filing away the paperwork for the tow in the log book turned down your "generous" $40 bribe..... After all of that, well, maybe you should stop asking for another employee and concede that we're an honest company that DOES NOT TAKE BRIBES?
                        So no-one but the guy right beside you will ever know...?
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                          Thanks for the ear worm, lol.
                          Adding: Deteriorata
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Re the first story - "we had permission" - law students perhaps?

Comment

Quoth sylvier View Post
                              Re the first story - "we had permission" - law students perhaps?
                              They must not have passed property or contract modules then.
                              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

You may, or may not, be surprised at just how often I tow in a certain brown colored Ford Explorer here in town for illegal parking. I always remember it for the out-of-state plates and the "UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL" window decals....

Yeah, they're a habitual illegal parker.
                                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X