This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Day Festivities

I work in one of the few places that is open on Christmas Day. Though I was kind of surprised to see a few fast food places open, too.

Every phone call was just to see if we were open. Or what time we closed. Fair enough but I had one girl reply with "Even today??" When I said we were open 24 hours.

Got the usual "Sorry you have to work" and lots of thank you's for being open and working. More than ever but at least I didn't get the whole pity thing about how wrong it is for us to be open and how they hope I get to spend time with my family.

And of course we got all sorts of questions for holiday completion. In the four hours I work this is what people needed:

roasting bags
    frozen broccoli
    cream of tartar
    pancake syrup
    cake frosting
    canned asparagus

We ran out of Bisquick and bacon but had plenty of eggs! We also can't sell alcohol on Christmas and luckily nobody made a fuss about it.

I do have to say that I think people were much crabbier yesterday than today and that's the opposite of what it usually is. I'm glad I took the early shift and have the rest of the day to chill out before I have to deal with the Christmas Clearance shoppers. I think I really need a nap, too.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

I know that feeling. Had one semi jerk earlier and that was it.

Comment

Hubby worked a double today (midnight - 8 then 8 to 4) came home and passed out asleep, he has to go back in for his normal midnght to 8 shift in a few hours.

A friend of mine called and told me to come to the Church up the block - they were having a Christmas luncheon at noon, so I met up with them and we had a very nice meal and they even gave a take-home container for hubby of turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed spuds, veggies and a dessert. Was very nice as I had simply planned to have a sandwich or pot pie, because hubs wasn't sure if his 4pm relief would show up - she's known for being flakey. Fortunately she did, so he's currently sacked out on the couch catching some z's.

Highlight of the day was when my Brother put his laptop in the kitchen and turned Skype on so all my relatives (my folks, my 6 nieces/nephews, sister in law) could sit down and talk to me - was such a wonderful treat to see them all, and they left it on for Dinner so I could watch them
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

This was my first Christmas actually with my grandchildren. 8, 6 and 5. Was a lot of fun. and my son-in-law is a decent cook. He made dinner.

Comment

This year I was just feeling scroogey and grinchy. I came home from work, took a nap and watched Christmas show reruns for the evening. Just glad it's over. Glad this whole year is just about over.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
            We also can't sell alcohol on Christmas and luckily nobody made a fuss about it.
            You mean that nobody's allowed to have Christmas "spirit"?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              You mean that nobody's allowed to have Christmas "spirit"?
              Yes! Even though some people really need some extra spirit.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                Yes! Even though some people really need some extra spirit.
                In that case, I'm glad I picked up some extra spirit. Not because *I* need it, but because it makes annoying relatives more tolerable
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

A few weeks back when we had a winter event blow through on a Thursday, I sold so much alcohol with people planning a three day weekend. Not sure I remember another time when I sold so much Crown Royal and wine on just a regular day.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                    Not sure I remember another time when I sold so much Crown Royal and wine on just a regular day.
                    Just curious, but would the upper middle-class white trash version of a rye-and-coke be Crown Royal and Royal Crown?
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X