Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your frustration is justified, your suck is not!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your frustration is justified, your suck is not!

We're a national chain. And as pretty much every national chain does these days, we have an online store. This is all done in the name of making the customer's life easier... theoretically. You can return your merchandise to ANY location! And if you ordered it online, you can return it to ANY location OR ship it back for free! Except, of course, that there are a few fine-print details. Because easy returns can't POSSIBLY be true.

We, at the store level, are not connected to our online store. The only thing that really connects us is our ability to take their returns. That's especially convenient for those of our customers who live in the middle of nowhere (as many of mine do, out here in SuperMountain Appalachian Maryland) and can't easily come to the store and shop. This is also convenient for those customers whose Bustice girls need our plus sizes, which are only available in limited quantity in the stores, and even then only in certain styles. Anyways. The point is that one can bring their Bustice Online merch back to the store with a receipt for a return or exchange.

I've never purchased from our online store, but like most online stores, your options for payment have always been something along the lines of Visa, Discover, AmEx, MasterCard (maybe Diner's Club. I have never seen one of these but we take them at the store level apparently). Sometime in the past year and a half or so, Bustice Online started accepting PayPal. GREAT! Even easier! Except when you want to make that return to your local Bustice store because your online order wasn't what you needed it to be.

See, our return policy states that your refund will be given back to you in the original form of payment. So if you paid with your Visa, it goes back on your Visa. Paid in cash? You get cash back. Check? Wait 10 days so your check can clear, then you can get cash back for your return. PayPal for your online order? You get a store credit slip unless you send it back to the online store. This is stated in our return policy, which is on every receipt at least two and a half times.

I can see why this would be frustrating. Everyone else gets their original form of payment back, so why can't someone who paid with PayPal? Well, because we don't accept PayPal at the store level.

"But I have the card my PayPal account is linked to!" Well, yes ma'am, I'm sure you do. I have absolutely no way to verify that, though. Also, your $15 return isn't worth my job. Yes, I know it sucks. I know it sucks even more that we aren't allowed to give you a gift card, we can only give you a merchandise credit. Yes, I know it sucks, especially since what I just gave you isn't able to be used online because it has to be franked like a check. Your options are take the store credit or take your stuff back and send it to the online store. I have no control over this. A few of my customers have been super nice about it, understanding our limitations. Other customers act like we've just killed their puppy right in front of them. Those are the people who can go be intimate with a cactus.

Tell them to get the PayPal Debit Mastercard and that will resolve the issue since it will go back to the card, which means the PayPal account. Works for me every time.

Comment

Working...
    X