SC: Camel Menthols.
    CW: Can I see your ID?
    SC: ARE YOU SERIOUS?
    CW: Uhmm. Sorry.
    SC: *stomps out*

*a few seconds later a man comes in*

SC2: Camel Menthols.
    CW: *walks back to get them*

SC comes BACK into the store and tells the guy "TWO PACKS" CW looks directly at me and I look over disinterestedly and flatly tell the guy:

Me: We cannot legally make the sale if we have a reasonable suspicion that it is a third party sale.
    SC2: ...How do you know these aren't for me?
    Me: Reasonable suspicion.
    SC2: You guys are fucking ridiculous. Just fucking ridiculous.
    Me: Them's the rules.
    SC2: *stomps out*

We both look at M, our Manager.

Me: We're ridiculous.
    M: The law's the law. *shrug*

The stupid part is, you and/or CW probably wouldn't have thought twice about it had SC not come back into the store and hollered at SC2. It reminds me of the seventeen year old girl who tried to get my manager to sell her cigarettes. My manager knows this girl (granddaughter of a former manager that we both worked under) and knows how old she is. Girl tried the line that she was "almost eighteen" and manager told her almost wasn't close enough. The law is the law, as your manager said.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

This seems appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe_qhEFwkRs
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

This is even more appropriate for the would be cig buyers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Comment

background, I smoke.

I was hanging out in the game room of a tabletop/board/video game store I frequent. A 17 year old guy I know, comes in and asks if I can go with him to the bank. I naturally assume he means that he needs a ride to the bank. No no no, he wanted me to go with him first to his bank (to get money to pay me), then to the store to buy him cigarette. He thought that because I did not care if he smoked (he would smoke out back with me) that meant I would break the law for him. LOL, no silly boy.

My philosophy is that I can only control my own actions, everyone must be responsible for their own actions and choices in life. What you do is your choice, what I do is my choice. bla bla bla bla bla

Anyway, he did handle it maturely. So that was nice.
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
          X