Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people come up with such NASTY drinks?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I want a TALL hot chocolate with four pumps of chocolate and three pumps of vanilla!" i want to vomit every time that woman comes through, more than half of the cup is full of PURE SYRUP!
    "we're forced to bed, but we're free to dream." TTH

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Suicides, Jester. That's what we alwasy called them as well. I drive the concessions people at the movie theatre near me nuts because I always want my bucket o' drink to be half Diet Coke and half Mr. Pibb. It just tastes good, what can I say.

And when I go to Starbucks? I get an Americano. Espresso and hot water. Plenty of caffeine, no crap.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Orange pop, Dr. Pepper, Mt. Dew, 7-up, apple juice, orange juice, fruit punch, grapefruit juice, chocolate milk, 2% milk, and skim milk.
        I used to drink something like that as a kidwhenever there was a wedding at the hall. Combine all of the pops that they had on tap (Coke, Diet Coke, Orange pop, 7Up, ginger ale) in a cup, drink quickly, get hyper, run around until 2 am. We called it Swamp Water, but we didn't add milk or juice. (Healthy things! Yuck!! )
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

In high school and in cross-country camp, we not only mixed sodas and the like but we added our own ingredients also. They ranged from little things such as tomato sauce and to big things including pizza, bagels, and whatever else we cold find. The worst combination I can think of is Powerade, Gatorade, Coke, Pepsi, water, milk, orange juice, ketchup, and mixtures of bagels with butter and cream cheese. The good old days.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
            We called it Swamp Water, but we didn't add milk or juice. (Healthy things! Yuck!! )
            See, when it's just pop, I call it swampwater too, which led me to call my concoction "Ultimate Swamp Water." I like Jester's name for it better though. And putting the milk in there is what really makes the drink interesting! It gets all chunky and floaty.

At first. Then it settles out. So you gotta drink it before the milk settles. It's a drink with a timer.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
              Could you possibly get more fat and sugar into liquid form? Ewwwwww!
              [SC logic] Hey, it's still coffee! And coffee has practically zero calories! [/SC logic]

Comment

true; they use that same logic with 'lactose intolerant' drinks:

cs: 'i want a caramel macchiato, but with soy, because i can't have dairy, and make sure to put EXTRA caramel in there.'

me: *brain imploding from cs' lack of knowledge over just what is in caramel* uh, sure. *here's to you and a bout of all night bloating and gas, idiot*
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Oh man, I just LOVE coffee. But it has to be proper coffee and not that instant dreck.

And Starbucks is the best, even though it may be an evil corporation, I just love their coffee. And how wonderful are all those creamy coffee concoctions they make?

I don't add sugar to mine or drizzled syrup/chocolate powder on top. I want to get right to the cream. When I was doing Atkins, those things really saved me. But now that I'm eating normally, I only get the tall, which is the smallest size here in Aussie land (not sure of Starbucks is carbon copy all over the world or whether they make small cultural changes).

But if I get a creamy fat filled coffee thingy, I use that as my breakfast and don't eat until lunch time. And only on pay day as a treat otherwise I'd be broke. I really look forward to that coffee all week

Every other time I bring cofeee from home to drink at work
                  Total surrender
                  Your touch is so tender
                  Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                  And it brings me relief
                  "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                    true; they use that same logic with 'lactose intolerant' drinks:

cs: 'i want a caramel macchiato, but with soy, because i can't have dairy, and make sure to put EXTRA caramel in there.'

me: *brain imploding from cs' lack of knowledge over just what is in caramel* uh, sure. *here's to you and a bout of all night bloating and gas, idiot*
                    Hmm - recent studies have shown that most lactose intolerant people can take a small amount without effect. Stats are that there's roughly one in for Americalandians with lactose intolerance to one degree or another, though the stats vary wildly with racial groups. http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/l/lact...prevalence.htm for the latter part.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
                      Don't forget the classics, a cement mixer is the most disgusting drink ever! Baileys and limejuice. mmmmmm just feel the cream curdle in your mouth.
                      Yes, but that is not something a person would order for themselves intentionally, you know.

In fact, I have only ever seen a Cement Mixer served on someone successfully one time. The problem is, not only do you have to find an asshole deserving enough, they also have to be dumb and/or drunk enough to not realize what they are getting, AND you have to have a bartender willing to serve such a concoction. And this last part is the hardest part of the equation to get.

As I said, I have seen it all come together just once. But that one time was simply.......BEAUTIFUL.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

When I worked at the fast-food place, people would come in and order multi-pop concoctions (always adults, never kids). They would order something like a "swamp water" and act like I was an idiot because I didn't know what that was

I use to love drinking orange crush with root beer when I was a child *yum*
                        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

When I was in college, and Pepsi products were unheard of on campus, I used to put full sugar cherry kool-aid in my sprite. It was heavenly.
                          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                            Hmm - recent studies have shown that most lactose intolerant people can take a small amount without effect.
                            Rapscallion
                            I've found that I can eat yogurt every day with no problem, and I can handle a dash of milk in my tea. Other than that, painful experience has taught me to never eat any dairy without my Lactaid.
                            "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Ah, this topic of nasty drinks has reminded me once again of my time in fast-food land.

Officially, we weren't allowed free drinks, but if the boss isn't there, who's going to know? So we would all have our little beverages, scattered all over the place for convenience and ease of hiding from customers.

More than once did vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard, mayo, and ketchup end up in these drinks. Sometimes accidently, most times...not so much.

I remember one day I was in the back doing prepwork and cleaning, and I asked a cashier to bring me a Coke. A couple minutes pass, and a Coke arrives, complete with straw, and lid on the cup. I take a big gulp, and imeadiently start gagging and sit it out. The girls up front ahd actually taken the time to completely fill the straw with ketchup, so that I would get a big ol' mouthful of the stuff. Eew.
                              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth DrinkJockey View Post
                                uh yeah...

coffee black...
                                I drink coffee, but only if it is flavored with a cream like Coffee Mate Irish Cream, or my favorite, French vanilla. Otherwise, no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X