Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commending customers on their awesome choices (!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commending customers on their awesome choices (!)

Why yes! Congregating at the bottom of the escalator is an /excellent/ idea! By all means, continue having your conversation loudly and obnoxiously because the world has in fact stopped, and no one is trying to ride said escalator downwards, and disembark right where you're standing. No, no one at all! (!)

Buy a clue, assholes, and go stand somewhere else 'fore I have to punch some sense into you.
    Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Of course, if any of the multitude riding the escalator, and being dumped on the chatters, were to so much as TOUCH one of them, there would be the devil's hairpiece (a.k.a. "hell toupee").
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I have quite bluntly said to one person doing the same thing as above when they turned around to snarl at why they were bumped, "I would like to take this moment to say thank you for stopping right in front of me leaving me no where to go"

Also parents who push prams out in front of people without even looking gets me too
      "Watch where you're going!? You could have hurt my precious spawn!"
      "Should have thought of that before you blind pushed it out in front of me"

And finally people that walk out in front of me without looking, and travelling slower than me... I don't always stop in time

As you can tell, I have no patience in shopping centres

Comment

I have been known to yell, "BEEP!" at the oblivious.

I figure it's better than, "Get the F(&* out of my way!"

Comment

I've been known to yell, "GANGWAY!"

Comment

One of my main pet peeves is people who congregate/converse right in or beside a doorway! I especially hate smokers who smoke right near the doorway (kinda defeats the whole idea of a no smoking facility doesn't it? :P)

Comment

How about the folks who just *have* to stop to chat in the middle of the aisle in a store. Leaving no way to get around them.

Comment

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
                How about the folks who just *have* to stop to chat in the middle of the aisle in a store. Leaving no way to get around them.
                Oh god, I HATE these. I call them "family reunions." You'vel all seen them: 15 people who look like they've settled in place for a nice, four-hour chat, blocking an aisle, an entrance/exit, or the product you need to reach. And they give you the stinkeye when you politely say, "Excuse me."

My biggest pet peeve is the idiots who stand right next to the bus driver for a 20 block ride, even though there are empty seats all over the bus. A snarky remark's been on the tip of my tongue for a while now, when I see these people standing there when I'm getting on the bus. "Getting off or getting in the way?"
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Oh god, I HATE these. I call them "family reunions." You'vel all seen them: 15 people who look like they've settled in place for a nice, four-hour chat, blocking an aisle, an entrance/exit, or the product you need to reach. And they give you the stinkeye when you politely say, "Excuse me."
                  Yeah, they always have their little reunions in the most inconvenient places, and I can't figure out why they do that. What's wrong with stepping aside? Had to deal with that earlier this week. Why the heck couldn't they have stepped out of the checkout line? Or maybe gone to the pattern book table, where there are nice comfy seats? They could've sat there and chatted for hours!

People are just too oblivious and self-centered anymore. Nobody ever considers anyone else. It's sad, really.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I don't get the people that just do emergency stops anywhere (but usually right in front of you, and pretty much always when you're in a hurry). Yes I know you've suddenly realised you've forgotten to do something incredibly important but can you not stop dead in front of me please.

Comment

Quoth Docmayhem View Post
                      I have been known to yell, "BEEP!" at the oblivious.

I figure it's better than, "Get the F(&* out of my way!"
                      "I'M GONNA VOMIT!!!!!" would work too

throw in soundeffects and that's an award-winning attention grabber!!
                      Last edited by AyreBiskits; 03-05-2014, 05:54 PM.
                      there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Bonus points if you actually can vomit on cue

Comment

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
                          Bonus points if they cut you off prior to stopping for their chat.

Quoth prjkt View Post
                          Bonus points if you actually can vomit on cue
                          All three of my sons can do this. Once. That's why the rule is "Mom doesn't come get you from school unless you're running a fever or vomit twice prior to eating again".
                          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I can't stand these kinds of people, especially the ones who execute an extreme emergency stop at the top or bottom of the escalator, just to check their mobile phone, or that they remembered something vital at the bottom of their bag. I used to be polite about it, but seeing as they clearly have no consideration for others around them, I now always issue them a "Wonderful place to stand guys!"

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                              One of my main pet peeves is people who congregate/converse right in or beside a doorway!
                              I was known at one building for being the person who would say in an announcement voice "DOORWAY!" if people were having a conversation and successfully blocking both sides of the doorway due to the door being between the two participants...
                              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                              X