This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops...wrong place

Warning: There is a tiny bit of language in here.

I had someone call because he was upset at the poor customer service he received. He became angrier as the conversation went on because it wasn't going his way. I couldn't find him in our system at all and he was really pissed off that I didn't know who he was right off the bat. I was going to see if I could get the person he had been working with to call him, but that was hard to do with such limited information.

The conversation ended up getting to the point where I was becoming very uncomfortable. He demanded my name at one point and I was hit with a "Well Sunset, I know who the fuck YOU ARE and you are about to know who I am because I'm about to come down!" I eventually asked him if he even had the right clinic and he quickly figured out that he had called the wrong place. Once that was cleared up all I received was a very hasty, "Please accept my apology" and a very very quick hangup.

We have always been told that we should not have to put up with being treated like that, so I don't know why I didn't just end the conversation or grab any doctor to speak to him.

Oh, but isn't it fun when they see they have the wrong place? I'm sorry you had to deal with him but it's always satisfying when they realize they're the idiots. At least he apologized and was embarrassed.

I love telling people they are in the wrong store when they insist we are 'other book store' or that we don't have their hold because they actually called 'other book store' (though there's not many other book stores around anymore).
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

So bets on if he blew off all his steam and the next person got to deal with a toned down person....or did his embarrassment cause him to become even more of a monster on the next call

Comment

Hopefully he calmed down before he called the other place. I was tempted to call the other clinic to warn them, but I was told that it was probably better to keep out of it. And since he didn't call back or show up, I'm going to assume it was actually them. The apology was kind of half-assed to me and I hope he felt like an idiot afterwards.

Comment

Thats when the social engineering skills should kick in. Ask for his address so you can give him GPS directions, then when you have his address, sic the local cops on him for terroristic threats. Ch-ching!

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            Thats when the social engineering skills should kick in. Ask for his address so you can give him GPS directions, then when you have his address, sic the local cops on him for terroristic threats. Ch-ching!
            *chortles* It's better when you already have that information and a state police officer is already in the building. Nothing like telling them up front that if they "continue to make the threat of coming down and being one of us up, I'll hand over the info and threat to the nice officer," to calm 'em down or make 'em hang up.

I always thought it was extremely stupid to threaten anyone. Not only does that make 'em less likely to want to help you, but it causes you to wind up on places like this one!
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Sunsetsky View Post
              We have always been told that we should not have to put up with being treated like that, so I don't know why I didn't just end the conversation or grab any doctor to speak to him.
              It's quite understandable He was being belligerent and, on some level, wanted you to just do whatever he demanded (whatever that may be) without thinking -- it makes perfect sense that somebody might freeze up or panic in that situation (which is basically what he wanted -- fear). Happens to all of us from time to time. You didn't do anything wrong.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X