This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why they pay me the big bucks

Got called today to handle a situation in the mens restroom.

The issue? The discarded paper towels in the garbage can were sticking up over the top. I had to go in and push them down into the can because some old fart complained.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

You, sir, are the real hero. You risk life and limb for the old fart to push the trash down. He's lucky you were there to save his life. It was an emergency according to him, wasn't it?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Funny how that goes. Someone flips out over the horrible filthy state of the restroom, it usually means a miniscule mess easily corrected, like a slightly full trash can or a few drops of soap spilled on the counter. If someone casually mentions the restroom could use a tidying, you'll need a power sprayer, a barrel of industrial strength sanitizer and a Hazmat suit.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Where's that applause picture?
        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I've heard a lot about these big bucks - where do I go above getting these?
          How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

When I was working at Sam's Club as a maintenance person, I got called to the rest rooms cause somebody was bitching that the ladies room was a mess. So what did I find when I walked in there? One little piece of a paper towel on the floor! The rest of the bathroom was clean cause I had just cleaned the damn thing!!

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
              I've heard a lot about these big bucks - where do I go above getting these?
              I'm pretty sure "big bucks" are mostly found in the forests of North America and Europe, generally foraging, fighting with other "big bucks" or trying not to get shot.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                I got called to the rest rooms cause somebody was bitching that the ladies room was a mess. So what did I find when I walked in there? One little piece of a paper towel on the floor! The rest of the bathroom was clean cause I had just cleaned the damn thing!!
                Maybe the complaint was from before you'd cleaned it, and it took a while to get to you?

Comment

Ugh, the ones that complain about the "mess" usually mean there's a piece of paper towel on the floor. It's the silent ones that just slink away that you have to watch out for! That means POOP EVERYWHERE!!!!11!
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Dammit, raudf beat me to it
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                      Where's that applause picture?
                      Ask and ye shall receive.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Did you use the old guy's head to shove the towels down with?
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                          It's the silent ones that just slink away that you have to watch out for! That means POOP EVERYWHERE!!!!11!
                          Does that mean that the silent one slinking away is now empty-headed?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Paper towel pusher downers of the world, we salute you! You go where old farts fear to put their arms: elbow deep into the waste paper bin.

Without you to handle these kinds of emergencies, OAP' s everywhere would be flailing in terror.

Comment

Quoth Legacy_of_Torment View Post
                              Paper towel pusher downers of the world, we salute you! You go where old farts fear to put their arms: elbow deep into the waste paper bin.

Without you to handle these kinds of emergencies, OAP' s everywhere would be flailing in terror.
                              Budweiser presents Real Men of Genius. Tonight we salute you, Mr. Paper Towel Pusher Downer.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X