This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Did not happen to me*

There was a drunk man in a resturant, had his coffee, and paid the waitress.

yes the money was wet, and no it was not saliva.
    "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
      Mark, if money wasn't so danged dirty and unsanitary, I'd advise you to lick their change before you handed it over.

Anybody ever gotten 'Sweaty Boob Money"?
      I have a strict personal policy about taking cash that's been stuffed inside bras.
      That policy is: Do you have another form of payment that isn't quite as nasty?
      UGH!!! My very first serious boyfriend's mother did this! It disgusted me so much. She laughed and called it her "breast pocket". She and her husband were ULTRA freakin' rich too...I mean, beyond all comprehension for my young teenage mind and she was so cheap. She did the "breast pocket" thing because she was afraid of carrying a purse or wallet or something that could be taken away. Blech! On top of it, she hardly ever changed clothing for like a week. She'd wear the same stuff for a week before washing it....bra included!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        Never mind that. How about those that lick their fingers before touching something? I used to have plenty of teachers in high school who would give a test, and they would like their fingers before handing out the test in teach row of desks to pass to each student. If I was sitting on the front row, I always took the test in the back of the pile to avoid touching my teacher's nasty, germy, saliva mark.
        AUGH YES! that was exactly what I first thought of! I HATED that!!!

Now those little "wet circles" that people at the bank & stuff use to moisten their fingers.... that's fine.... but a big huge lick of your finger and then you hand me my paper back??? That's okay - you can keep it......

Comment

after cashiering for any length of time, i wash my hands immediately. on the way to the sink, i'll walk with my hands out like a surgeon.

i had one dude hand me money with a bloody fucking hand. i squealed like a little girl and jumped back 3 feet. the man was like "oops! haha!"

haha hell.
          Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

As long as it's not dripping wet, if someone licked their fingers and then peeled off the bills it doesn't bother me too much. Afterall, I don't know where that money has been- I'm sure there are worse things on it then a little spit. I, personally, don't handle money and then put my fingers near my face (let alone my mouth). I just go and wash hands when I'm done cashiering.

Now, handing me money with a BLOODY hand would freak me the hell out. THAT is a health hazard, and I probably would not have accepted the bills, either.
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
              I'm a little surprised that someone, somewhere is not selling a combination bra/moneyclip.

I'm just saying.
              They make a booze bra now, perhaps we can invent a bra with little pockets in them?

I don't lick my fingers to seperate bags or money. If I can't get it to go, I'll wipe the pad of my finger over a chapstick that I keep in my pocket and then go to town.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                They make a booze bra now, perhaps we can invent a bra with little pockets in them?
                Really? "I wear a 40DD, underwired with a 40 oz attachment..."

Isn't that going to make the beer warm or the boobies cold? I don't drink and I'm not a romantic, but I'm fairly certain that both are not desireable.

Rapscallion

Comment

I absolutely HATE this as well! If a customer does this to me, I make it very clear to them that I am displeased by taking the note with the tips of my nail and showing discust on my face. I usually get a frown, but I think they understand. I am sure that they do not want my spit on their hands!

I posted a thread about one guy who actually had his change IN HIS MOUTH before handing it to me. He had it all in his mouth, I didn't even know he had his change "ready" cause I couldn't see it cause it was IN his mouth! I refused to take it in my hand, made him put it on the counter and then got a plastic bag and slid it into my hand and into the register...in a smaller plastic bag. He looked pissed off, but come on!
                  "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post

Now, handing me money with a BLOODY hand would freak me the hell out. THAT is a health hazard, and I probably would not have accepted the bills, either.
                    From the other side of the counter, a few weeks back I broke a bottle of wine at my Cellar Door job. Twenty people at the bar from one unexpected (and damn noisy) tour group. I managed to cut myself on the glass as i picked up the bottle. So I'm holding a tissue to the cut, and standing in a spreading puddle of merlot /cabernet.

And the dumbasses at the bar are still leaning over the bar yelling "Can I try the sauvignon blanc?"

No, how about you talk amongst yourselves for five minutes while I tudy up and grab an Elastoplast? Or prepare to be on the receiving end of a corkscrew-related injury.

That said, I hate people holding their tickets in their mouths at my weekday job. They ALWAYS offer it to you soggy end out. Bleeeagh.
                    Last edited by The Distorted Kwi; 04-18-2007, 11:30 AM. Reason: The usual spelling edits.
                    Who elected me Grand Marshal of the Moron Parade today?

Comment

ewww the guy kept his change...IN his mouth!? That is disgusting. I don't blame you for that action. I would not have touched it either!

If anyone offered me the "wet" part first (be it ticket or money), then I'd be bothered, too. It's not the act of doing it, it's getting the "wetness" feel that would disturb me, and I haven't had anyone do that to me, yet.
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

It used to be the habit of Ancient Greeks to keep obols (smaller denomination of money of the day) in their mouths. Three obols for a day being a juror was the going rate, if memory serves.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                          It used to be the habit of Ancient Greeks to keep obols (smaller denomination of money of the day) in their mouths. Three obols for a day being a juror was the going rate, if memory serves.

Rapscallion
                          Yep, but if you told the Ancient Greeks about these tiny little things called "germs' that lived in their saliva, they'd have buried you alive, you heretic!
                          Who elected me Grand Marshal of the Moron Parade today?

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
                            I also hate it when cashiers or customers lick their fingers to get bags open. I have had many times when bags were hard to open, but I refuse to do that.
                            Hold the bag flat between your palms and rub your hands together. Works every time (eventually...some bags take longer than others...)

I've been reading the stories on tipthepizzaguy.com and there are at least a couple about deliveries to strip clubs, where a stripper pulls money out of her g-string to pay. The one story tells about a girl who did that and got mad at the disgusted look on the delivery person's face because she was "clean"!; he suggested next time he would stick her food down his pants before he gave it to her - he's clean too!. The other story I saw the girl gives her singles to the bouncer, who paid with bigger bills. Now, who knows where those bigger bills came from, but at least you don't know it came from some girl's crotch...
                            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 04-18-2007, 11:35 PM.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It seems to me that in any area with a decent amount of strip clubs most one dollar bills have been in a dancer's G-string at some point.

Although, I was thinking recently that in strip clubs with only one cash register most of the one dollar bills used stay in the strip club to be reused. The men exchange their twenties and fifties for ones at the cash register, and when the night is through all the dancers exchange those ones for the same twenties and fifies, and the cycle continues.

Where was I? Oh yeah, for some reason I never need to lick my finger to turn pages, I don't think I've ever done that, even.
                              You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post

Where was I? Oh yeah, for some reason I never need to lick my finger to turn pages, I don't think I've ever done that, even.
                                I don't think I have, either. Of course, when I was cashiering, the last place I wanted to put my fingers was in my mouth. Some days my finger tips would be black (actually new bills are worse for turning your fingers black).
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X