Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you just pluck that price out of your arse?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you just pluck that price out of your arse?

I work in a clothing/home decor store situated within a large garden centre.

Today a woman and, I assume, her mother, came up to the till with four fleeces. I did the usual greeting, asked them if they needed a bag and the coat-hangers blah blah blah. Then shit got bad when I told them the price.

"Okay that's £72 then please."

"WHAAAAAT?" the young woman screamed. "NO IT'S NOT!"

"Sorry! I might have over-charged you. Let me just..."

"YEAH YOU HAVE! SORT IT OUT!"

She was really REALLY angry, but I checked, and I hadn't overcharged her. She really did pick up four fleeces for £18.00 each.

"These fleeces are £18.00 each..."

"WHAAAAAT? NO THEY'RE NOT! THEY'RE £5.00 EACH!"

Um. Really? And where the fuck did you see that? Our t-shirts start at £10.00, did you really think you'd be able to pick up four fleeces for £20.00 for the lot?

At this point I show her the tag on one of the fleeces and she redirects her anger onto her mother.

"YOU SAID THEY WERE £5 EACH!"

"Sorry I thought they were!" her mother tried to explain.

I am honestly totally clueless as to how the mother thought they were so cheap.

She turned back to me at this point.

"WELL YOU JUST LOST A SALE! £70 ODD QUID FOR FOUR FLEECES IS RIDICULOUS! YOU ARE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! COME ON LET'S GO!"

Head. Meet desk.

Luckily all my other customers were really cool. In fact, a bad customer is a rarity.

I see we're from different sides of the pond, but I'm going to take a guess that fleece means the same thing?

Like around here, we have Colombia and North Face as big name brands for fleece pullovers and zip ups....easily $50 to $100 each.

Not even $5 at a Goodwill. LOL.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Sweatshirts? The ones that are knit on the outside but fleecey on the inside?
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        Sweatshirts? The ones that are knit on the outside but fleecey on the inside?
        Something like this I think http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/stanton-fleece-p186292
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          I see we're from different sides of the pond, but I'm going to take a guess that fleece means the same thing?
          Yep:

Fleece (V): to swindle, as the SCs were trying to do to the store.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            Yep that's what a fleece is in the UK.

Comment

Here and I thought a fleece was a sheep when the sheep wasn't at home...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've read the word 'fleece' so many times now *I'm* starting to forget what it means lol

Comment

Google is telling me 18 pounds is about $30 American. Sounds exactly right for a cheapish fleece jacket to me. Like Blas said the name-brand ones are WAY more.

Comment

Quoth Jaspar View Post
                    I've read the word 'fleece' so many times now *I'm* starting to forget what it means lol
                    May the fleece of a thousand camels infest your genitals?
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X