This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addendum to the last post:

I posted this because it's possible (not likely - the percentage of the population is small) that the 'Free Spirit' is one of these un-helpable children.

I don't think it's likely. And in an ideal world, the parents would be able to appeal to the State for help with such children. I hope they can in the real world as well.

Certainly what the parents are doing with 'Free Spirit' isn't going to help either the child or the society.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      Certainly what the parents are doing with 'Free Spirit' isn't going to help either the child or the society.
      Or their own bank account.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Or their own bank account.
        Truer words were never spoken!

Comment

Found this just now. Would've been perfect in the original post

http://i.imgur.com/l7myxSx.png

Fixed link (Vulger pic )
          Last edited by KhirasHY; 05-06-2014, 03:12 PM.
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

They took the image down.

Have you heard any further news? Are Mommie and Daddie Dreariest trying to get out of paying?
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Fixed it by reposting it to imgur. Enjoy

Comment

Most of my thoughts have been stated by previous comments, so I'll say this; Khiras, have you ever written a book? Or have interest in writing one? Because your entries are utterly hilarious with how they're written. I've read a few of your threads to coworkers and we were doubled over laughing. Seriously though, if you've written a book, I need it.
                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Even if the kid were still capable of being taught to be human (doubt it), and even if the parents were still capable of being taught to be parents (highly doubtful), you put the them together, and disaster! You are right back where you were.

I feel sorry for the kid in a very remote way, because he is going to end up in prison or dead or both at a very young age.
                  To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                  To pursue it with forks and hope;
                  To threaten its life with a railway share;
                  To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                    LA4 strikes me as the kind of future asshole that people excuse by repeating that dreaded mantra "boys will be boys!"
                    Gah! I hate it when that phrase is misused. "Boys will be boys" is when my brother, at age 4, comes into the house saying "Mathnerd! Look at the really big worm I found", while carrying a small black rat snake (Get the snake out of the house! Now!). Or when my then 10 year old oldest son falls into the shallow part of the lake because he didn't think about grabbing the knotted part of the rope before he swung out over the water (no major injuries, just a few bumps and bruises and rope burn on his hands). Or when all three of my boys got caught rigging the little one's wheelchair to the mastiff's harness and used the dog as a horse (the didn't go fast, and all involved were having a good time, but I still put a stop to it). These kinds of dare-devil, not thinking kind of moments are "boys will be boys", not destructive and shitty behavior.

Quoth Jester View Post
                    My Death Stare is very effective.
                    That made me giggle. I don't find your death stare very effective at all. Then again, you're the one person I know that's immune to my teacher glare, so we might be even.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                      Most of my thoughts have been stated by previous comments, so I'll say this; Khiras, have you ever written a book? Or have interest in writing one? Because your entries are utterly hilarious with how they're written. I've read a few of your threads to coworkers and we were doubled over laughing. Seriously though, if you've written a book, I need it.
                      I haven't written a book...and truthfully, even if I did, what would I write about? The whole "hotel worker writing about weird people" thing has already been done, and I tend not to think that people would really be all that interested in learning about why I was bitter otherwise. I can be mildly amusing from time to time...but I don't think it could carry a book

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                        That made me giggle. I don't find your death stare very effective at all. Then again, you're the one person I know that's immune to my teacher glare, so we might be even.
                        Woman, please. You've never seen my Death Stare. It rarely comes out in full force, unless someone very stupid is doing something very stupid with or around or to any of my nieces or friends. I've given you a stern look from time to time, sure, but that's among friends, that is not the Death Stare. Since you're my friend, I've never imagined various ways to kill you, so there was no Death Stare.

The look I give my nieces and other children when they are misbehaving, therefore, really isn't a Death Stare, but it's close enough to it to be effective on said misbehaving rug rats. Well, it was when they were kids. Not as effective with the five nieces who are now adults.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

*snicker*

And to be fair, you've shot the "not-really-a-death-stare" at my oldest offspring and he pretty much giggled too. If I recall correctly, that involved several groggy, hungry males and a plate of bacon.
                          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

That was not a real Stare. It was bacon. Not misbehaving.

You really underestimate me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Or not. Maybe just simply amused.

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                                I haven't written a book...and truthfully, even if I did, what would I write about? The whole "hotel worker writing about weird people" thing has already been done, and I tend not to think that people would really be all that interested in learning about why I was bitter otherwise. I can be mildly amusing from time to time...but I don't think it could carry a book
                                Hey, I can dream, can't I? That aside, you're a great writer and your threads never fail to leave me crying with laughter every time.
                                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
                                X