Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! So the claim is denied, but any word on insurance fraud charges?

Comment

• YEA!!!!

Agreed, any word on charges?

It sounds to me like _if_ somehow he got this claim paid the money would be seized by his other creditors...

Looking forward to updates!

Comment

• This saga has been going on so long I had to reread the entire thread just to get back up to speed.

They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

• Woohoo! The system works, folks!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
            Agreed, any word on charges?
            That's in an upcoming episode.
            Quoth eltf177 View Post
            It sounds to me like _if_ somehow he got this claim paid the money would be seized by his other creditors...
            Either that or impounded by the authorities
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth emax4 View Post
              Yay! So the claim is denied, but any word on insurance fraud charges?
              Has to go before our Fraud Committee to confirm but our Senior Fraud guy has basically told the investigator to prepare a file for the police.

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              You are correct. We are required by Law to pay someone who holds finance over an item first in the event of a loss - for example the bank for a mortgage or a car finance company for a car.
              Last edited by Dave1982; 06-27-2014, 12:26 PM.
              How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

• Quoth TimmyHate
                You are correct. We are required by Law to pay someone who holds finance over an item first in the event of a loss - for example the bank for a mortgage or a car finance company for a car.
                So even if you had paid out, he would not have gotten anything in cash, yes?
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

• Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                  So even if you had paid out, he would not have gotten anything in cash, yes?
                  Depending how much he got settled - he had about $11k owing on the car loan, so if we paid him the $15k he wanted he would have got $4k in cash
                  How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

• Quoth TimmyHate
                    This confuses me. So if you do $3000 worth damage on a $10, 000 car and you still owe $5000 to the car loan, the insurance company will pay $3000 to the car loan, leaving you with an undrivable car and a $2000 loan? I must be missing a step here.
                    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

• Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                      This confuses me. So if you do $3000 worth damage on a $10, 000 car and you still owe $5000 to the car loan, the insurance company will pay $3000 to the car loan, leaving you with an undrivable car and a $2000 loan? I must be missing a step here.

I can only speak for the company I worked for, but how it worked at MajorBank was:

Insurance company would write the check to the owner and the bank. Both payees have to endorse the check. We would only endorse the check to ourselves to pay down the principal on the loan or to the shop doing the repairs.
                      Last edited by mathnerd; 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM.
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                        Technically we should be paying the finance company but where its not a total loss/write off we will pay for it to be repaired - since then the finance company still holds security over a useable asset.

Should have been clearer that its only on total loss/write off situations - apologies

Comment

• Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                          Technically we should be paying the finance company but where its not a total loss/write off we will pay for it to be repaired - since then the finance company still holds security over a useable asset.

Should have been clearer that its only on total loss/write off situations - apologies
                          No worries, that makes sense. It probably did the first time too, but I have occasional blonde moments (sometimes I'm even blond for them! ) The original way I had read it seemed to be begging for people to default on loans, which is why I thought I must be wrong.
                          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

• Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                            In the same way that in NZ, Murder is Murder, but one with planning and preparation will get a harsher sentance
                            (couldn't resist commenting)

Mate, with proper planning and preparation, you would have plotted the easiest route to a pig farm and not be caught! Anything less is merely amateur. When trying to commit a crime, it's important to take it seriously and be thorough.

(ok, sarcasm off now)

Comment

• I feel like I'm missing a reference...
                              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                                I feel like I'm missing a reference...
                                Likewise

9 10

Comment

Working...
                                X