Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some more banana bread...and cookies.
    This will be epic when the shoe finally falls.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      I have some more banana bread...and cookies.
      This will be epic when the shoe finally falls.
      Banana bread . . . nomnomnom

It's either when the other shoe drops . . . or gets thrown at the scammer.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Just got out of a meeting with several of our managers regarding this

We have off the record information from (Bank 2) that, contrary to his previous advice, he is in the red quite badly - behind on mortgage, behind on Credit card. We are awaiting this to come through on the record.

The noose is tightening. He's gone silent - which means he knows we're on to him. Kinda of like a dog who hides behind the couch and thinks you dont know he exists anymore when he's pooped on the rug
        How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Well, this explains why he needs the money.

Of course, it also means when he takes the fall on all this any suits against him are an empty well...

Comment

What the hell is he spending his money on? Blow? Pot? ...too much house and car? :sarcasm:
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
              What the hell is he spending his money on? Blow? Pot? ...too much house and car? :sarcasm:
              All of the above?
              πϱ -- The Greek Society you've been burning to join!

Comment

I'm going to hazard a guess at "all of the above" - he's a man living too high-maintenance a lifestyle for his actual income. Certainly not the sort of person you want in charge of *other* people's money.

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                  Not necessarily, it is not the fact you have a voucher that is a lynchable offense, it is how you ACT with said voucher. If you are a polite everyday customer, you have nothing to fear. If you go full pants-on-head retard (read: SC), run for the hills.
                  Following the latest chapter about this gentlemen, let me go use the voucher - the ice cream's on me this week
                  the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

So, let's see what all this ijit has against him so far...
                    1. Insurance fraud
                    2. False police report
                    3. Arson
                    4. Destruction of evidence
                    5. Misuse of bank property (maybe; the whole "ebay during work hours" thing)

Of course, 3 & 4 are kinda iffy, and 5 probably isn't a crime, just fuel for the YOU'RE FIRED!
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Jammer View Post
                      All of the above?
                      Agreed...combos are killers
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The latest, frustratingness update:

Developements on this are proceeding slowly, however there are several issues that have cropped up that have made me mad

Hurry up
                        (Bank) is now contacted my managers, managers, managers manager and asking for updates (it seems) every second day. This is despite us telling them that we are awaiting information and it won't be for at least 10 business days . Of course if we try to decline this without all the evidance, he'll fight it in court and if we lose......

You Shall Not Pass
                        On the flip side, (Bank 2) have been about as useful as tits on a bull. We have requested information offically, and then made some unofficial enquiries to see if we can hurry it along. Our Fraud Team got a rather assholic email that basically said it was going to take more time than their fraud guy was willing to put into it.

Radio Silence
                        Insured has been trying to hurry us up, but not by contacting us. Instead we get the impression that he is putting pressure on (Bank) to try and get it resolved.

The burnt car that wasn't
                        Despite our continued equiries, the police keep telling us that the car has not been found burnt...which suggests the earlier information was false. And we found out that Insured's father in part of the police

This claim you guys
                        How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Take some pleasure in knowing that the more time this takes, the further in the hole Insured gets.

So you've got that going for you.

He still will probably only get $13.5k max, right?
                          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                            He still will probably only get $13.5k max, right?
                            If (and right now this is not looking likely at all for him) the claim gets accepted then he'll get the average of the two valuations most likely, so 13,250.00.

Just got the update that the Investigator will be meeting with Insured on Friday regardless of what (Bank 2) does from here.

Sadly my suggestion of using Tumbscrews or an Iron Maiden were rejected

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post

Sadly my suggestion of using Tumbscrews or an Iron Maiden were rejected
                              If we were still in the middle ages, then those might be appropriate. Of course back in Colonial America the pillory was used quite frequently.

All that aside, I suspect Mr. Where'smycar is going to wish he'd opted for the brazen bull after the investigator's done cooking his goose.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I agree, this interview will _not_ go well for Mr. Where'sMyCar!

Comment

Working...
                                X