This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth ADeMartino View Post
    Some manufacturers don't realize how creative people are with the pronunciation of things. I've seen classified ads in the paper for the Isuzu Ass-Ender (Ascender), the Ford MavWreck (Maverick), and the Ford Grenade (Granada).
    Don't forget a couple more Fords - the Exploder (Explorer) and Grindstar (Windstar). Toyota sure picked a bad name (Sienna) for their minivan. Sienna is an "earth pigment" consisting of hydrated iron oxide - a.k.a. rust.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      My vote is for Peach Schnapps with OJ over ice. Perfect summertime refresher.
      Aka the Fuzzy Navel.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth sms001 View Post
        Interesting. Does it taste like ouzo?
        I don't know what ouzo tastes like. The flavour most compare it to is cough medicine, and it has to be said, it *is* good at that sort of job too.

Some manufacturers don't realize how creative people are with the pronunciation of things.
        My personal favourite, which I made up myself, is British Telecom -> Twittish Smellycom.

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
          Aka the Fuzzy Navel.
          Just because I can't resist quoting Futurama where appropriate.

I'll have a fuzzy navel and she'll have the girliest drink in the house

Two fuzzy navels coming up.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

• Quoth Chromatix View Post
            I don't know what ouzo tastes like. The flavour most compare it to is cough medicine, and it has to be said, it *is* good at that sort of job too.
            Licorice.

Which is what green <famous night time cough medicine> is flavored.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

• Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              Licorice.

Which is what green <famous night time cough medicine> is flavored.
              I love the Quil. But I hate licorice. Does that make me weird?
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Monday Morning Update:

File is now with an external Lawyer to review our next steps.

Hang tight people - the blindfold is being prepared, the last meal cooked (I hope)
                How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

• Again, I'm not sharing.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Once again, this is me:
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Once again, this is me:

For what I believe is the first time in my life, I've been waiting anxiously for Monday just to tune into the next episode of this saga.

That gif pretty much describes me as well.
                      Last edited by Dave1982; 06-10-2014, 08:35 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• Ho.Le.Sh.It.

Mr Wheresmycar is in big big trouble now.

1) He's lied about the auction listings - he maintained from the start that it was his partner who did it, now we have black and white evidance that he was full of shit and was the one doing all of the changes
                        2) We have proof that, rather than Ms Whereshiscar being the one to list the vehicle at $9k, he was in (bank) building, on (bank) computer, logged into the auction account.
                        3) Told us that he didn't need money....he has over a mil in mortgages and a number of credit cards approaching $100k. This is along with missed payments, broken promises to pay and even a bounced check....right around the time the vehicle first was listed for sale

File goes to external lawyers tomorrow for their opinion....but the investigators closing line is my favorite: "There is clear evidence indicating fraud"
                        How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

• I've just deleted 4 posts making prison rape jokes. No more of those, folks.

While I'm at it, is it really necessary to post the exact same "I can't wait" GIF more than once in the same thread?
                          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

• Maybe I missed it, but, did the investigators ever find out exactly where the car in question went to?
                            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

• Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                              I've just deleted 4 posts making prison rape jokes. No more of those, folks.
                              Thanks Dave

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                              Maybe I missed it, but, did the investigators ever find out exactly where the car in question went to?
                              Nope. Mr Wheresmycar is still flat out denying he knows where it is - and that might be true. If his mate of a mate gave him some sneaky cash for it...

There is still the (increasingly unlikely) possibility that the car was legitimately stolen, and he is only guilty of trying to bullshit us about its value....which is still fraud, just inflation rather than outright deception. Inflation is seen as 'soft' fraud - crimes of opportunity, whereas outright deception is 'hard' fraud - preplanned, prepared, deliberate

Comment

• If it's "soft" fraud, what's the likely outcome? As opposed to "hard" fraud?
                                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X