This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're ripping me off!!!!

Ok so today's mis-adventure at the dollar store is brought to you by a little old lady who wouldn't shut up about being ripped off even though I AGREED WITH HER.

So backstory, at our store, private label canned vegetables are priced 65¢ or 2/$1 if you buy 2. We have signs all over the vegetable section saying so. Well apparently it's no longer that price and we were never informed.

So today, I'm in the back room helping unload the truck when cashier calls me. She asks if the vegetable are supposed to be 50¢ because they're not ringing up that way. I tell her yes, they are supposed to be that price if you buy 2. So cashier tells me to come up front to do the price overrides (at our company, only managers can do price overrides and voids which is a pain in the arse for customers and us).

So I come up front and cashier shows me they are not ringing up the right price. I'm baffled and apologize to the customer about it. Well the old lady didn't like being made to wait because she was being RIPPED OFF BY US! Again I apologize and explain that I don't know why it's not ringing up that price since it's clearly marked the price she's supposed to receive.

So as I'm doing the overrides, she still goes on about being ripped off and asking me just how many customers am I ripping off with the phony price. I keep trying to apologize and explain that I agree with her that it's not right that the signs say one thing but the register says something else and we gladly honor price mistakes since it was our fault.

Then she looks at the other customers waiting in line and delivers the classic SC line 'It's the principle of it!'.

The whole time I'm thinking to myself 'Just shut up you old bat, don't you understand that I'm agreeing with you about the mistake and am giving you the correct price'

All in all I think she saved like $2, but of course, IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF IT!

It always amazes me how they keep going even after we've moved on and solved the issue. Let it go already.

Comment

And 90% of the time, this is done by somebody 'in a hurry', yet they have an hour to argue over saving 50c or some such. I don't know about most people, but while I am frugal .. my time is worth a bit more then 50c an hour.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I had a previously-sweeter-than-sugar-coated-molasses litte old lady go off on my sales rep for like 15 minutes the other day...yelling at him, saying he was "ripping off the elderly," threatened to call the cops...all because her (previously government subsidized) low budget phone bill went up. "How much did the bill go up?" you might be wondering...

$0.68 a month

Yeah, lady, we're practically highway robbers.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Holy cow, I just realized! It was the return of Harry Crumb, in disguise!

Proof!
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
          X