Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two from this weekend.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ShockQueen
    replied
    I guess normal people would actually see the signs, know what time they close, and then decide whether or not they have enough time to shop, but nooooooooo......!

    They figure "Oh! If I go in NOW, then they HAVE to wait until I'M done before they can go home because they don't have lives." I guess they forgot they are dealing with other humans, but that would be oh so logical..........

    Leave a comment:


  • dalesys
    replied
    Quoth coffee_drinker247 View Post
    ...Well, here's a thought. It's Sunday. GO HOME.
    For you it's Sunday. For me, it's the most important thing in my life!

    Leave a comment:


  • coffee_drinker247
    replied
    Quoth Opalin View Post
    we close at 6 on sundays like most stores, and we had some preteen walk up and in a semi annoyed/accusatory voice go. "Why did you close early?!"
    I looked at the hours posted, then at my watch. "We closed at our normal sunday hours, just like all of the stores here at ____. The restaurants and theater are the only places still open."
    Preteen: "oh."
    We close at 6 pm on Sundays too as I mentioned earlier, like basically everyone else in every mall in America. The whole mall closes at 6 instead of some of the restaurants, much like your mall. We're an outdoor center so I think for some reason people just automatically think that means we stay open later or that we never close, ever. Not sure why, but that's just the feeling I get from working at said outdoor center for the last four years. We close at 9 pm every day except Sunday. Almost every day in the summer, we will have people still in the store at close even on week days but they usually clear out pretty quickly. Even on Saturday night people will usually get out when we tell them, sorry, closed.

    But for SOME REASON, on Sundays people always conveniently forget that we're closed. It's not closing early. It's the regular posted time. Some lady asked me the same thing that preteen asked you last weekend when she saw us locking the doors and turning off the music - "Oh, are you closing early today?" No, we close at 6 just like the store next to us and the store next to that one and the rest of the entire freaking mall does at the same time every week. It's our regular hours for Sunday (and we have two signs posted on our door but we all know that customers don't read the hours of operation signs).

    I think people think that since the restaurants stay open later that the stores do too which is obviously NOT the case. So they get all pissy when they realize that the stores are closed and whine about wanting to shop after they eat dinner.

    Well, here's a thought. It's Sunday. GO HOME.

    Leave a comment:


  • Opalin
    replied
    we close at 6 on sundays like most stores, and we had some preteen walk up and in a semi annoyed/accusatory voice go. "Why did you close early?!"
    I looked at the hours posted, then at my watch. "We closed at our normal sunday hours, just like all of the stores here at ____. The restaurants and theater are the only places still open."
    Preteen: "oh."

    Leave a comment:


  • Irving Patrick Freleigh
    replied
    Quoth otakuneko View Post
    Definitely do not click. For the love of all that you hold sacred, do not click.

    Avril Lavigne does J-Pop.


    ....what? You want them out of the store right? Play something that will get them out.

    Not even the weebiest weeaboo could stand up to that. Imagine its effect on "normal" people.

    ...you're going to click it, aren't you. You are morbidly curious. Remember, curiosity killed the cat....


    OT--she's married to that guy from Nickelback now. It's like a tornado of crappy Canadian pop music.

    Leave a comment:


  • coffee_drinker247
    replied


    I'm liking the thought of this! Closing time playlist...if only we had access to our DMX player - it's one of those players that you can't change or mess with except to turn on and off. No CDs involved. If I was smart I would figure out a way to configure it to play those songs, at least just for laughs. But I'd probably get into huge trouble with corporate...sigh.

    Leave a comment:


  • otakuneko
    replied
    Quoth wolfie View Post
    I can think of a couple songs for the closing time playlist:

    Closing Time
    Hit The Road Jack

    Any other suggestions?
    Definitely do not click. For the love of all that you hold sacred, do not click.

    Avril Lavigne does J-Pop.


    ....what? You want them out of the store right? Play something that will get them out.

    Not even the weebiest weeaboo could stand up to that. Imagine its effect on "normal" people.

    ...you're going to click it, aren't you. You are morbidly curious. Remember, curiosity killed the cat....

    Leave a comment:


  • vikingchyk
    replied
    Quoth coffee_drinker247 View Post
    Why are people so inconsiderate when it's closing time? I don't know if people who have never worked in retail realize that we don't just lock up and go home. We have to stay for at least another hour or more after people leave.
    They think you just go into the back room and power down until the store opens again

    Leave a comment:


  • siskaren
    replied
    Quoth otakuneko View Post
    Damn, what a missed opportunity for a "Here's your sign" joke!
    I was thinking the same thing! I just can't think of a good one.

    Leave a comment:


  • coffee_drinker247
    replied
    Quoth Lovecats View Post
    Where I work now we closed at 5:30 on Memorial Day. The signs are posted at both doors at eye level (and have been for the last week or so). We had a couple walk in just before we closed. Came up to the front after the closing announcement and said, "If we had known you were closing so soon we wouldn't have come in."
    I'd be like, "That's nice. Now get out." Seriously, what the eff is wrong with people? And yeah, the people standing outside of my store when we left were kind of like "jokingly" asking us to reopen the store, but also making it very known that they were displeased that we dared to be closed at 7:30 pm on a Sunday night in a mall that closes at 6 pm. They did a collective annoying whiney, "AWWWW!" Good grief. You could tell there was a bit of dismay when they realized that we were NOT re-opening the store for them. So it was one of those kind of, "Joking but not" awkward moments.

    My mom taught me to be polite and kind, ain't no way it would even cross my mind to jokingly ask a group of employees to re-open the store for me. I was gritting my teeth the whole time they were standing there braying about not being able to go shop in our store. And by shop, they were going to likely just walk around and mess everything up again without buying anything. It was definitely a "get these people the HELL away from me right now!!!" moment for all of us.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lovecats
    replied
    Where I work now we closed at 5:30 on Memorial Day. The signs are posted at both doors at eye level (and have been for the last week or so). We had a couple walk in just before we closed. Came up to the front after the closing announcement and said, "If we had known you were closing so soon we wouldn't have come in."

    Leave a comment:


  • wolfie
    replied
    Quoth emax4 View Post
    Can you change and turn up the music in the speakers in the store so that any stragglers get the hint?
    I can think of a couple songs for the closing time playlist:

    Closing Time
    Hit The Road Jack

    Any other suggestions?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dreamstalker
    replied
    The barking-dogs recording was thought up by the manager one night; the store did have a motion alarm, so once it was set everyone absolutely had to be out. This was a small store where the manager was the owner, so complaints didn't get far and she would generally back us unless something was completely off base.

    Leave a comment:


  • MoonCat
    replied
    You know, in my entire life it has never once occurred to me to ask (or expect!) someone to re-open a store for me after it has closed for the day. Not once. For some reason, my mama didn't raise me to believe the world revolved around me

    Leave a comment:


  • otakuneko
    replied
    Damn, what a missed opportunity for a "Here's your sign" joke!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X