This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does breakfast end on your planet?

Our hotel has a continental breakfast that ends at 10 am. This factoid is not only on the website, it is told to the guests when they check in and there are signs posted in the breakfast room.

At 10:15 I am putting things away when a man and his daughter comes in. They of course are bummed that they came too late and against my better judgement I put some stuff back out for them. They wind up hanging out for about a half hour.

I clean up and at 11 am, he comes wandering in the into the breakfast room and ask if he can get more bagels and some butter. Apparently his wife wanted something for breakfast. Again, biting my tongue, I give him what he wants. This time I remind him that breakfast is closed for the day.

A few minutes later, I am in the storage closet when I hear a voice calling out "Hello?." It's the father standing in front of the coffee station. "You're out of coffee." He whines. I remind him that the breakfast room is closed and that I have put everything away. He then has the audacity to ask if I can brew him a fresh pot.

Since there are coffee pots in every room, I turned him down. What part of we are done for the day is so hard to understand?
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

I hate people like that. Our Lunch Buffet ends at 1:30. It says that on our signs. I've had people come in at 4:00 wanting to know where it is.

Comment

But time doesn't work that way in Spechul Snerflake Wurld!!! Unicorns poop clocks of children's laughter and hand-churned butter!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

But it was only 9AM CST-- that's Customer Standard Time. Amazing how that works.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

You mean I have to make coffee all by myself? But it's too haaaaaaaaaaaaaard...

Comment

Point them in the direction of the nearest gift shop and say, "They sell watches and clocks there, so you'll know next time..."

Comment

I eat breakfast at 1pm - 2pm, because I get up late and my morning freshening up takes 2 - 3 hours due to stretching and relaxing in bed, going to the loo with my iPad, and my overactive bladder making me go pee almost all the time.

However, even I respect the restaurant's/hotel's decision to only have breakfast available in the actual AM! Perhaps room service has all-day breakfast options available for those SC's?
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Cater to me cater to me and make it right, I'm the fucken messiah

Comment

Most hotels round my way end breakfast at 11am, cuz they then have to start making lunch. Apparently, customers demand breakfast after that time, and then pitch a fit when told that lunch will be served soon so breakfast is over. Um, either get up earlier or go out and find a cafe.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

In my perfect fantasy dream world, the following would be heard via loudspeaker in places that have set hours, like, a breakfast room.

Attention! Attention! Breakfast service termination is imminent, all personnel now have 15 minutes to reach minimum safe distance. Those who do not evacuate the breakfast room by 1000 hours, your sacrifice will be honored. Thank you.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

You should have refused to cater to him when he asked the second time. The fact that you gave him what he wants the first time is a privilege not a right. That's what I would have done anyway. You're obviously a lot nicer than me lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X