X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FerrousBueller
    replied
    Blah. So I spoke to "The Husband" today.

He was extraordinarily apologetic for her behavior and has agreed to pay the rest of the first dress and the construction of the next dress. He has also agreed to be present for the rest of the sloper fittings and final fittings the next dress.

"The Husband" is actually.. astonishingly nice. Like, the kind of nice where you want to pat his shoulder and go "Dude, you can do better than HER." Really, I think I could be friends with "The Husband" if it wasn't for his wife.

I think I need to make myself something fun before I start on the next dress. She wants it done before Halloween which... considering I've done most of the patterning, just means the beading and lacing will be the most time consuming. Though I also wanted to make myself something epic for Halloween because Halloween goes on during NecronomiCon this year... ah well.

Bills first.

Anyways, thank you all for the support on this one. I'm definitely going to hang around this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Beowulf
    replied
    Welcome to the board!

That is really abysmal. How did she think she'd be able to get that sort of change past you? Costume makers literally stare at people's bodies for a living. And the fact that she was creeping on you during the measuring process...ew.

Seriously, I hope this doesn't discourage you from doing more costumes. Just encourages you to add sign-offs for all measurements. *smile*

Leave a comment:

• MoonCat
    replied
    You, sir, are awsome
    I echo this All that creativity in one package!

That customer was a world class idiot. I agree you might want to get a cashier's check instead - if it's charged on the credit card they can dispute it.

Oh and welcome to the forums. Fire sale on cookies, right this way --->

Leave a comment:

• Kristev
    replied
    Number 1) I'm sorry.

Number 2) She wins the Dumbbunny of the Day award.

Number 3) Welcome to the forums.

Leave a comment:

• Evannah
    replied
    Holy crap! She sure had a LOT of work done! But that's not the shocking part. The shocking part is she KNEW she was getting work done. Why the hell would she order a custom dress when she knew her body was going to change THAT much? Words cannot describe how insane this is.

Leave a comment:

• otakuneko
    replied
    So, we have Customer Standard Time and now... Customer Standard...er...Measurements?

Also

to

Mind the perverts and their puns. Be careful where you look, brain bleach stocks are low. Talk to Jester for booze.

Leave a comment:

• Shyla
    replied
    Wait... She went from an A cup to a DD and had other work done and she thinks no one will notice? She doesn't want you to tell anyone she got work done because all her friends are blind? She's crazy.

Leave a comment:

• roguesqd
    replied
    sharks with lasers on their heads

Leave a comment:

• Ironclad Alibi
    replied
    Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post

5) Get a chair that lets you spin around, learn how to stroke a cat with an evil smile.

6) Install trap door in floor.

7) Assuming you wife looks like a Bond Girl in your eyes you have it all.
    8) Get a mini-me.

Leave a comment:

• Tama
    replied
    Honestly the first thing I think of when thinking of guy stroking a fluffy cat is Vito Corleone in his favor-asking room...

Leave a comment:

• gremcint
    replied
    Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
    WHY DO EVEN HAVE THAT LEVER?

Leave a comment:

• earl colby pottinger
    replied
    Steps to take in the future

1) For commissions so expensive take pictures and have signatures that the test version is the right size.

2) Contact husband to confirm use of credit card.

3) Charge more, people like this think the more you charge the better it must be.

4) Death rays are hard to get because of government regulations, fluffy white cats are not cheap but there are few rules against owning one.

5) Get a chair that lets you spin around, learn how to stroke a cat with an evil smile.

7) Assuming you wife looks like a Bond Girl in your eyes you have it all.

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• Argabarga
    replied
    Yeah, I had a leg amputated this morning, but, if you tell ANYONE I'm gonna SUE!!! THAT'S SLANDER!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sirwired
    replied
    Turn the re-do down. Or, at the least, get a credit card with her name on it to authorize the work. You don't want this woman to ride off into the proverbial sunset with your dress, and then have her husband deny any and all knowledge of authorization for the re-do.

Better yet, only take cashier's check or money order for the re-do; my spidey-sense is tingling on actually getting the re-do paid for.

Leave a comment:

• skeptic53
    replied
    Great write-up. Not only can you craft clothing and objects, but words as well.

This woman must be one of the most pea-brained idiots ever. She's like the morons who show up at the furniture store to bring home a sofa in a tiny compact car, multiplied by the huge factor of the cost of the dress. I certainly hope she has not and will not reproduce.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X