Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He probably figured after seeing my father that I was messing with him on purpose, and that we wouldn't have gotten far with him, so he didn't bother. I wouldn't be surprised if he called corporate on us (sucks being a franchise sometimes), but normally, if I can prove that the customer was being totally unreasonable, they delete the complaint.

Comment

I know I should not be surprised by people...but I still am, every day.
      I am amazed that someone in this day and age honestly thinks that ANY public place has segregated ANYTHING.
      I mean, really! No newspapers or TV in his home town?

I just can't understand it.
      I no longer fear HELL.
      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Yeesh, but yay on you, Slick. You made me giggle, for sure.

And I have the opposite problem--I'm Native American, but even with dark hair, I don't look it, as I'm also English and Dutch, and tend to be quite fair. I am interested in my culture, and used to go to NAISO meetings at school, where people looked at me like I was nuts. It was funnier when they wanted me to be a "Native Aide" and council Native students--I didn't feel like they'd take me seriously, honestly. *shrugs*
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
          Don't you mean the front? The back seat is where all the cool cats sit.
          See how antiquated his racist views were?

If I remember correctly, when people of both races had to take the same bus, white people would sit in the front and black people in the back. I think that was in the early 1940s or earlier.
          Last edited by Shironu-Akaineko; 04-24-2007, 11:31 PM. Reason: No bus in 1900
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
            RD = Keep it up, and I'll have you on the first thing smoking to Afghanistan (I was born in Canada, my parents are from India, and I am a legal US Citizen, what does Afghanistan have to do with this?).
            Have you on the first thing smoking....? Who even uses that expression anymore?!

I hope misfortune finds that racist a&&wipe and soon.
            Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
            mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
              See how antiquated his racist views were?

If I remember correctly, when people of both races had to take the same bus, white people would sit in the front and black people in the back. I think that was in the early 1940s or earlier.
              Depending on the location, approximately from the beginning of mass transit up to the late 50s/early 60s.

What sucked even more was that if the white section filled up, the blacks got booted to make a larger white section. That's how the Rosa Parks story began.

Comment

Off topic: The actual bus that Rosa Parks sat in is at the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan. The bus is also restored. The chair that Lincoln was sitting in when he was killed is also there along with a few Presidential limos.

On topic: What the hell is that guy thinking? White people microwave?
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
                  I am amazed that someone in this day and age honestly thinks that ANY public place has segregated ANYTHING.
                  I just read somewhere in online news not long ago that the state of Georgia had its first integrated prom.

Some people (like the aforementioned 'tard in the post) are just looking for any excuse to be an asswipe. :/
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Actually, it wasn't the whole state, just one high school. The vast majority of high schools in GA have integrated proms, just this one that didn't from the sound of it.

Comment

You know, now that you mention it, I think I saw that white people microwave on Springer the other day wearing a white hood!

Comment

OT- I'm sorry, but when I read the title for this thread, I thought it was gonna be about someone saying that a microwave didn't work for them because of their race.

Okay, back on topic- that man was a complete moron. I had no clue that there were still people who thought that way. Or, if they did, has the b@lls to say it out loud. Wow, just... wow. My brain hurts now.

Comment

Quoth GayleShy View Post
                          OT- I'm sorry, but when I read the title for this thread, I thought it was gonna be about someone saying that a microwave didn't work for them because of their race.
                          I thought that also.

So they have a White People Microwave now, does it come with a White robe and pointy hat? Seriously, that guy was an asshole
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I'm so totally with the whole telling him he's not white enough to use the white microwave! HAR HAR HAR!

I left this story up on my screen and my bf thought it was so funny he almost joined to post. I'm trying to get him to, cause boy does he have some doozies from when he worked a gas station.
                            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I hate dealing with insane situations like the one in the OP. They're just absurd. You have no idea what to say.

Comment

I'd rather take 100 blue microwave people than 1 white microwave man any day. Stupidity is way more tolerable than racism and ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                                X