Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"the dinner in question must be made of pure metallic sodium - not something I'd want to eat."

That's not something I'd want to eat, but how cool would it be to buy! To supplement my dinner, I could just lob the thing in a nearby stocked pond, wait for the Really Cool Explosion, and pick the stunned fish off the surface!

Comment

I had something similar recently. I went to the movies, and got dipping dots, as I usually do, pleased they had new flavors. They also got a new company for Dipping Dots.

Their new company processes the Dipping Dots with every allergen known to man. (The only one I didn't see in there was casein, and when I told this story to my mom, she said it frequently shows up next to other allergens.) I didn't check the label until I'd already eaten some. (Stupid Cooper.) I just gave it to my sister, and debated telling them that I couldn't eat their ice cream anymore because it was processed with gluten, an allergy I have.

I haven't brought it up yet.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Some people need to learn basic chemistry.... or at least admit they know nothing about it and should stop trying to pretend they do.
        there's a certain "internet celebrity" that pushes this crap, and makes a lot of money off it(she's responsible for the new phrase "quackmail"), and don't you dare question how her computer science degree somehow makes her a nutritionist, she bans you.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          Some people need to learn basic chemistry....
          They already know that "chem" means harmful to all life. Who would need to learn anything more?

Comment

The cashiers get blamed for everything I fucking hate it.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              *sigh* It's the consumer's responsibility to read the label. I try to, but I don't do it 100% of the time.
              Yep and I'm sure you do the same if you find something you don't like, you simply put it back on the shelf/in the fridge.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I think that these days, every ounce of food that has been processed by large companies will have some carcinogens in it. If the woman had known that, my guess is that she would have preferred to starve, since growing your own food would be too much work for her.

I'll bet that she doesn't trust "organic" food, either. Wanna bet that getting up early to hit the farmers' markets would be too much of a hassle for her, too?
                Last edited by cindybubbles; 10-24-2014, 10:15 PM.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I'll bet even the purest most "natural" vegetable she could imagine has trace amounts of SOMETHING in it that's "not good" for you. Arsenic for example, be it just a single molecule, but that's why a little more knowledge could help, that one dust speck worth of it doesn't mean the untold trillions of other bits that make up the rest of the plant are suddenly lethal....

The danger is in the dosage
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

then there was this prank that people took a little too seriously

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                      then there was this prank that people took a little too seriously
                      That can be very dangerous which is why I have some every day to build up my resistance to it, just like that guy did with iocane powder.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Dihydrogen monoxide, indeed! What will they ban next? Air?
                        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Women's Suffrage.....

Comment

my usual response to these idiots is along the lines of:
                            you know what's 100% natural? crude oil/arsenic/walrus semen/other

Comment

I get a chuckle inside whenever some foodstuff/medication/supplement is advertized as "containing no chemicals!" and all I can think of is the Periodic Table and how there's got to be at least ONE of them in there, making that claim patently FALSE!

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                                my usual response to these idiots is along the lines of:
                                you know what's 100% natural? crude oil/arsenic/walrus semen/other
                                Don't forget cobra venom, blowfish, the Amantia family of mushrooms, foxglove flowers, etc.
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X