Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called the restaurant at quarter after 2 this afternoon looking for Betty. We still need her and her husband to come in and talk with us about their plans for the business, paying property tax, sales tax, etc. The employee who answered the phone says "Betty does not work this late."

The restaurant opens at 6 am. That says that Betty works less than an 8-hour shift. Well, maybe just an 8-hour shift, or slightly more, but certainly not the sort of shift I would expect from the owner of a failing small business.

I wasn't able to reach Betty at her home or cell number, either. She probably sees the bank's number and ignores it.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Could this be...THE END???
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• What kind of restaurant opens at 6:00 AM? Or is that just when the employees arrive?

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          What kind of restaurant opens at 6:00 AM? Or is that just when the employees arrive?
          Many restaurants serve breakfast at 6 am. Some restaurants are open 24 hours.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Quoth Tama View Post
            Could this be...THE END???
            Of course not. It's dragged on for how many years now?
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
              The restaurant opens at 6 am. That says that Betty works less than an 8-hour shift. Well, maybe just an 8-hour shift, or slightly more, but certainly not the sort of shift I would expect from the owner of a failing small business.
              That's EXACTLY the sort of shift I'd expect from the owner of a failing small business...
              Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

• There's a small diner near me that's sometimes open just for breakfast or dinner and is cash only.

IF I catch it open-it's damm good.
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

• I should clarify, though I'm not sure the clarification helps. The restaurant is open 6am - 2pm four days a week, and 6am - 7pm three days a week. The day I called was one where they're open until 7. I'm not sure if it's because they weren't getting any business those other days, or if they don't have the employees to cover being open later. Being in a small town, it's not unusual for restaurants to close at 7 or 8 pm, but closing at 2 pm sound like a death knell to me.
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• There are a number of restaurants around Desert Hell that only do breakfast & lunch, not dinner. But they're never open later, it's always "close at 2, 7 days a week" or whatever.
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                      There are a number of restaurants around Desert Hell that only do breakfast & lunch, not dinner. But they're never open later, it's always "close at 2, 7 days a week" or whatever.
                      There are also quite a few around here with such schedules-most have "Egg" in their names. There are also some only open for dinner.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        There are also quite a few around here with such schedules-most have "Egg" in their names. There are also some only open for dinner.
                        That must be egg-citing.

Is the food egg-cellent at any of them?

Are any of them off of a freeway egg-xit?
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• We have Biscuitvilles here, they're only open for breakfast. I'm going to guess most of their customers are elderly though
                          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                            Is the food egg-cellent at any of them?
                            Yes, these two:
                            Egg Headz and Egg and I
                            Quoth mjr View Post
                            Are any of them off of a freeway egg-xit?
                            The later as you can see.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• We have several breakfast/lunch only restaurants in my AO. There are also many supper only joints. Most of the breakfast/lunch joints cater to the elderly/DPC crowd, most have very good breakfasts.
                              Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• We have a small chain of breakfast/lunch plaaces that has always had some form of 'scramblers' in their name, although I think they try to cater more towards the business/office crowd then the elderly.
                                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X