Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about reading the FINE PRINT, genius?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about reading the FINE PRINT, genius?

Had a real peach at work today. Some woman coming up with two giant turkeys and wanting to use that week's coupon on them (I don't recall what the deal was), but the coupons were only good if you bought $25 worth of stuff beforehand. Well, she did buy $300 worth of groceries...yesterday. And yet she was loudly and irately demanding that she get the discount because it was "ridiculous" that she spent $300 with no discounted turkeys to show for it.

Um...why the fuck didn't you use the coupons yesterday then? And -- even better -- she couldn't have used both coupons in one transaction anyways, because the coupon was good for one turkey per order. I don't know how it turned out (she was lead towards the service desk, no doubt to hassle one of our managers) but seriously...WTF? I mean, our store has no problem is giving customers back money if they come back with a coupon they forgot to use w/ the receipt, but yelling at my poor cashier isn't going to make your discount magically appear.

Around here the turkey coupon is usually a free turkey if you buy $150 (or something) worth of groceries and present the coupon at the time of purchase. I've never tried to use it, but I would freaking read it if I did.

Whenever I am forced to tell a SC that something is excluded from a coupon because of the fine print, I hold my breath because I get some variant of the same thing. "Well who reads that?" Or a personal favorite, when I'm accused of making it impossible to use the coupon because of all the fine print exclusions.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

See, common sense tells me that if I'm the customer, I go first to the customer service desk with yesterday's receipt in hand and ask if I can use a coupon today.

We're living in the Crazy Years.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I got called "Robo Cashier" when I pointed out the fine print on a coupon to a SC. ROFLMAO
        Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          Had a real peach at work today. Some woman coming up with two giant turkeys and wanting to use that week's coupon on them
          There are THREE giant turkeys.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            "Well who reads that?"
            At which point I quite honestly say 'I do. It's stupid not to.' especially when I am in line behind some idiot pulling that excrement.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              "Well who reads that?"
              How was I supposed to know that? I don't read!

Now with coupons!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm waiting for the opportunity to tell one such complainer that sometimes you can find a BETTER deal in the fine print - coupon doubling, combination deals, even deeper discounts at particular stores. I guarantee you that person will read every inch of every coupon in his hand after that.

Comment

My personal favorite was trying to explain to customers that had those coupons for something off if they spend $x that that amount had to be before tax. You can't get a discount on sales tax. Not hard to understand but those people acted like they had no idea what sales tax was. Damn.

Comment

"Fine Print" is used as comedy fodder so often in media and jokes (signed on the line for a free turkey, found out they just volunteered for the Foreign Legion) that I seriously wonder if people think it doesn't REALLY exist in the real world, or if it does, it CERTAINLY isn't enforceable?
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

TV Courts

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
                      I got called "Robo Cashier" when I pointed out the fine print on a coupon to a SC. ROFLMAO
                      If I was in your situation I would tell the simple truth, "I watch 'People's Court', 'Judge Judy', 'Judge Alex' and 'Judge Joe Brown' ..... I ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT!

Comment

Working...
                      X