This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    Most bus lines, all you have to wait is fifteen or twenty minutes to catch the next one if you miss the one you wanted. Now train schedules, that can be an hour or more.

It's the opposite here. Buses can be up to an hour, though generally 30 minutes, but the trains run every 15 minutes.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I used to ride the bus and didn't miss it because of shopping. I was aware of the schedules.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Some bus schedules change throughout the day. The bus I take home from work isn't bad until after 6 pm. Then they're an hour apart. Same with the train times.

And that's why, when I know I have to catch a bus or train, I plan accordingly - because I know shopping always takes longer than I think it will.
        Same here. They run every twenty minutes until 7pm and then it's 2 hours and fifteen minutes between. It wasn't always like this, but then the government made budget cuts and the buses were a victim.

Comment

My city just last June, shifted their bus schedule so we have at least hourly service. Before that, there would be 2hour gaps at various points in the schedule, especially on Saturdays. ("Rush hour" they bump it up to half hourly service). We don't have Sunday service either.

Comment

I loved the EW's that would come in the store, browse, ask questions, poke around, but when it came time to ring them up it was all "hurry up, my meter is running out/I'm double parked/in a no parking zone" Oh, really? Let's just see how slooooooooooooow I can go because you decide your illegal parking is now an issue and you are snapping your fingers at me. Register tape may need changed, my have to do a price check..

Comment

Everyone is in a hurry...and it always seems like they are more important, their needs matter more than anyone else....and it is always OUR problem that they cannot manager THEIR time. it amazes me that those are the people that pay with coupons, pay with multiple tenders (gift cards, credit cards, cash, and lastly the coins at the bottom of their purse), need to question a price, plead their case, or have a lengthy philosophical conversation about the role of the big box store in the destruction of the community and global economy......

All of this makes me want to scream..."get yer shit and get out!!" but that is probably just me.

Comment

The horror

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                When I was visiting Fort Lauderdale back in the mid-80's it was 30 minutes between buses on the weekend.

In Miami it was an _hour_ between buses and subway trains. And the worst part was I needed to take a bus to the subway, take the subway, then take a second bus. And the first bus just missed the subway so I had to wait almost an hour for it, then wait again for the second bus...

Still, your failure to plan is _not_ my problem!
                In Toronto many of the buses routes run every ten minutes in rush hours, and where I live some kilometers outside the city it is every 15 minutes.

First time I went to use the buses in Miami I learnt the hard way not only that buses are an hour apart but you better make sure you transfer to the right bus or you are &^&%$(.

It took me over four hours to do a trip that I think would had taken less than a hour to cover the same distance here.

Since then I *ALWAYS* use the internet to pre-plan my bus routing.

Comment

Working...
                X