This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's YOUR fault!

He wasn't even my customer at first but I was helping someone who was kind of new and looked to me for help.

SC: I am very upset! This ticket will not work and it's YOUR fault!

Yeah he even pointed at my CW and had a bitch fit about his slot ticket not working. Umm, dude you're at the cage, we have NOTHING to do with how the tickets work or if they don't, we don't know WHY and why is it our fault??

CW looks at me and doesn't know what to do. She tried to scan the ticket into the system but it said it couldn't be found. Now, if we pay it out and something is wrong with the ticket we have to take the hit. So... We have to consult our supervisor or slots and get permission to pay it out.

Me to CW: Okay, since it's over 100 as cashiers we can't just pay it out. You can either call slots or ask a supervisor.

She ran into the back and was talking to the supervisor. Meanwhile the guy is having an absolute bitch fit at me.

SC: I'm going to complain to my host! Just you wait! This is unacceptable!

CW comes back and is now on the phone to slots.

SC: Just give me my damn money! I don't get the problem!

ME: Sir, we have to call slots because the ticket will not scan in our system. I apologize for the wait but we have to go by procedure.

SC: This is bullshit! I am going to my host!

I finally had it.

ME: Whatever! I DON'T CARE!

I yelled this and then ignored him and began helping people in line. I tried being nice but that wasn't working. The look on his face was priceless. And my bosses will never believe him if he goes and "tells" on me to his host who has NO power over us.

She was finally able to pay him.

SC: Don't you DARE give me a new one! (he throws it at her) they don't work and that's YOUR fault too!

CW gives him an old one and he finally goes away. Asshole.

Quoth Anakah View Post
    Asshole.
    Shame on you! That man lived in a perfect world where nothing ever broke or went wrong HIS ENTIRE LIFE, and then you had to go and ruin that for him by somehow jinxing his ticket. And then on top of it, you ruined his perfect tantrum by, you know, telling him off. Which I'm sure never happened in his life, either.

That poor, poor man. You probably ruined his Christmas, too.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
      You probably ruined his Christmas, too.
      One can only hope
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That's awful behaviour and completely unacceptable. Why do these people think they can talk to service workers like this? To be fair though, he probably talks to his friends and family in the same way. Granted, some do think we're beneath them, and to me, that's kind of personal, but some are just like that to everyone!

Comment

There's a short but significant list of people that you should never piss off: those that handle your food, and those that control your money. Obviously this guy has missed at least part of this memo...
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

"Just you wait!" - Seriously? What adult even says this? Wow.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Eliza Doolittle?

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                I'm afraid I might have burst into song when he said that . . .

Comment

Working...
                X