Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a woman come in tonight, buying beer for a friend and herself. She wasn't sure what the friend wanted, and asked me if she didn't like it could she bring it back and get something else. Now as far as I know, in most states alcohol and tobacco are NOT returnable even if they aren't open. That's how it is in VA. She was old enough to know this by far. Had another one that tried to give me a Canadian quarter(US Here) and actually asked me why I wouldn't take it. Maybe because this isn't Canada ya think? This is a big military town and people try and use coins from everywhere. I've seen most of them in my own travels and can spot/hear a non-US one in a heartbeat.
    USN Retired

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      In addition to the ones Rapscallion mentioned, I know someone I read earlier today was living in Japan, I KNOW we have some Canadians in here, and I am sure there are other countries represented on the board.
      A Venezuelan here
      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth stickycoins View Post
        Had another one that tried to give me a Canadian quarter(US Here) and actually asked me why I wouldn't take it. Maybe because this isn't Canada ya think?
        Many US states (most of the northern ones, except Illinois and New York) take Canadian coins (one per transaction, or so... someone shows up with a couple twonies, that's not happening. But a quarter or less, rarely a problem.) Since you get a lot of military, it's likely that your confused customers come from one of the "oh, who cares that that quarter's only worth 21 cents?" states.

Comment

One that always makes me half amused, half angry is a thing I see daily on the building where I work.

There's seven elevators, four on one side, going floors 10 to 19, and three on the other wall going floors 1 to 9.

No it's not people who take the wrong one, that's justifiable if you don't know the building, since this fact is anounced in minuscule, hard to read signs that you have to look for to notice at all...

It's the people who call the elevators on my side (floors 1 to 9, 3 elevators) and turn either left or right, and stare at the central elevator and the left or right one, then the third elevator arrives, and they notice the call button's light goes off, but instead of looking back, they look up again at the two elevators they where looking at, and push the button again. Which turns off again....

They do this a few times, and I've only seen about 1 in 4 finally realize there's another elevator more in the wall (and they're HARD to miss, beleive me) and enter, the other three, well, they miss the elevator.
          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
            Many US states (most of the northern ones, except Illinois and New York) take Canadian coins (one per transaction, or so... someone shows up with a couple twonies, that's not happening. But a quarter or less, rarely a problem.) Since you get a lot of military, it's likely that your confused customers come from one of the "oh, who cares that that quarter's only worth 21 cents?" states.
            I gotta say, here in Canada, we treat American change just like Canadian change, we don't bother to exchange it or anything. Coin is coin. The amount you'd have to save up for it to make a difference is insane.

Of course this doesn't apply to the Fiji coin someone passed me once, or the other coins from strange places that show up from time to time.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth stickycoins View Post
              Had another one that tried to give me a Canadian quarter(US Here) and actually asked me why I wouldn't take it. Maybe because this isn't Canada ya think?
              I guess one night I wasn't paying attention to the pennies I was handing out, because I gave someone a canadian one.
              She came back later to give me stinky poop eye look.

Ok, granted, I should look at the change coming out of my till, but on the other hand, it's a freaking penny. Honestly.

Comment

Working...
              X