This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH YES YOU WILL!!!!!!!

10 minutes before close tonight. Phone rings. MOD answers. They go through the normal script. New customer. MOD gets phone number and address. I notice the address is out of our area and is in our sister store to the west area and whisper this to the MOD. MOD informs the person of this.

Now sister store closes an hour earlier than we do so this person is really out of luck as we are not allowed to go beyond our designated boundries.

5 minutes later the phone rings again. I answer this time. Person wants delivery. Spider sense is tingling for some reason. Person wants delivery. No problem. I get the phone number and address. IT is the same address as the last caller used and I inform them they are out of our area.

The person starts to argue with me even as I explain that they are out of our area and we can not go out of our boundries.

The person "YES YOU WILL DELIVER TO ME FOR A $20 TIP!!!!!!!!"

Again I explain that their address is NOT within our area ignoring the "possibility" of a really nice tip (YEAH RIGHT)

Person hangs up.

YEAH like the "promise" of an "possible" $20 tip (and we all know that will NEVER happen) is going to motivate me to deliver to them.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    YEAH like the "promise" of an "possible" $20 tip (and we all know that will NEVER happen) is going to motivate me to deliver to them.
    You have learned well from this site, young padawan...

"$20? I never promised you no $20!"

Comment

Or they'll invent some way you were "rude" to them and therefore feel totally justified in stiffing you.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Exactly.

Plus, having slung pizza in the past -- not that this type of caller will care -- at many places, delivering into another store's turf is considered a serious contract breach, and the financial fallout could seriously hurt the offending store. They stick to those zones for good reason ^_^ If the address is in an area that is not claimed, that MAY sometimes be different, but then you gotta ask: WHY has no store in the area claimed that as a delivery zone? Again, there's usually a good reason why "Nobody but 'Dice Pizza' goes there"...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Good point, Eric. It's not unheard of for each store in a chain to have an exclusive delivery area.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            If the address is in an area that is not claimed, that MAY sometimes be different, but then you gotta ask: WHY has no store in the area claimed that as a delivery zone?
            For me, it's because nobody wants to deliver 20 miles to the boonies. I'd give my left arm to have a pizza delivered to me. I just don't think a pizza delivery guy would know what do with it.
            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Ara -- That sucks x.x

I was, however, referring more to closer locales that are...less than savory. The ones where most of the tales of drivers getting mugged/shot at come from. AKA "The places only Dice Pizza will go" Apologies
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Yeah, I know, I just felt like throwing my (read: left arm) in there.
                The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  You have learned well from this site, young padawan...

"$20? I never promised you no $20!"
                  Learned that lesson a LOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG time ago. Been slinging pizzas for over 10 years now.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Exactly.

Plus, having slung pizza in the past -- not that this type of caller will care -- at many places, delivering into another store's turf is considered a serious contract breach, and the financial fallout could seriously hurt the offending store. They stick to those zones for good reason ^_^ If the address is in an area that is not claimed, that MAY sometimes be different, but then you gotta ask: WHY has no store in the area claimed that as a delivery zone? Again, there's usually a good reason why "Nobody but 'Dice Pizza' goes there"...
                  That is not necessarily true. Another sister store to the south of us has "updated" their address database to include streets WAAAAAYYYYYYY into our area. We have brought this to the attention of the area manager many times and the answer we get is always the same "SO????". WE KNOW that store is poaching BIG TIME but nothing ever gets done about it.

My franchise just looks at the sales revenue $$$'s flowing in not really caring about anything else or what store those $$$'s come from.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Exactly why I didn't say "all" ^_^

At our franchise/area back home, they were the types who would pounce on any reports of poaching behavior.

Comment

I decieded to give pizza the hut another try the other week, i went onto their online store, and since I'm about equal distance between 2 stores (no seriously 4-5 miles tops in either direction), the website said I was not in either of their delivery zones!

So I call up the store that by experience is easier to drive to my house from (college traffic or mall traffic....take your pick), and they looked up my address in their system, saw what i was talking about and couldn't understand either (I was WELL within their delivery range). So they took my order, allowed me a special coupon NORMALLY only available online (i didn't insist, but was a little upset that i couldn't get online to get the coupon and mentioned it). and waited for my pizza.....which then reminded me why i don't order from there anymore...

quoted time: 35-45 minutes.
                      Actual delivery time: 1 hour (with no apology or reason).
                      temp of pizza: cool
                      quality of pizza: below subpar
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Banned

I know you said that the other store are already closed, but I wonder if the reason the person was so insisting on ordering from you is that they already been banned from the other store.

They already showed they are the type of person to make unreasonable demands, and wild promises. Sounds like banning material to me.

Comment

Sarlon: You're lucky ^_^ Back in NOLA, PH was a very, VERY distant third in the "pizza chain rankings" (1st: PJ, 2nd: Dom) simply because the guy who owned all of the local franchises didn't give a rat's ass about delivery. As in, there was an outside chance that he MIGHT schedule two drivers during the Superbowl...and that's about it. Anyone who liked their food knew to either go eat inside (where the service was slightly better, but still badly understaffed), be prepared to wait an hour and a half (even if you're 5 blocks from the store), or just go without. Because this was common knowledge, he had a hard time getting workers in the first place, and keeping them because driving for him wasn't worth their time due to having so little do so...Vicious cycle.

About 4 years ago, he finally drove the business into the ground and they all shut down save for maybe one; it's my understanding that a new owner stepped in a couple of years back, and he has been trying to make up for lost time ever since. He has his work cut out for him, if so -- locals' memories are long and unforgiving.

Comment

This reminds me of something that happened to Hubs a couple of anniversaries ago. We decided to mix things up and stay in with pizza and a movie, so about an hour before he left work, he called Pizza Hut and ordered carry-out, to be picked up at 7. He got off work a few minutes before 7, took the short drive there, and found one of the cashiers throwing out a pizza, saying, "It's been sitting here for an hour." Thinking nothing of it, Hubs paid for our pizza, and when the cashier couldn't find it, she asked the one who had thrown away the pizza, "What was the name on the pizza you just threw out?" She had thrown ours out, apparently whoever made it didn't pay attention to the fact that it said pick-up at SEVEN. They had to make a whole new pizza. Hubs was furious, I was hungry, and my phone didn't have minutes so he couldn't tell me why he was running half an hour late.

Comment

I was a cook at a Pizza Hut delivery in the mid-80s when they were just opening delivery stores. It was quite popular at the time. A lot less options available then. I was a minor so I made pizzas, stocked toppings, and made boxes. I liked it for an after school job. I think Pizza Hut tried to be something it's not and should have kept a smaller menu. Although I haven't eaten Pizza Hut in about 10 years. I don't order pizza much.

Comment

Working...
                              X