This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pee Lady

There's a local woman (at least I'm assuming she's local as I've never seen her anywhere else, nor on public transportation) only known as Pee Lady. She wears all black even in summer, and always smells like...you guessed it. Rancid pee. I can smell her three blocks away if the wind is right (or wrong as the case may be). Always talking/yelling to herself though so she's probably mentally ill in some fashion.

Every time she comes into the store, the CDH has to spray Febreeze on the front end so thick I can taste it (there's something in that stuff I'm allergic to, but it's marginally better than smelling stale piss for an hour...we now have 'hospital caliber' air freshener from a different brand that probably takes less to cover up a smell so maybe I should suggest that). Customers have complained about a potential health hazard. I never see her buy anything (unlike the Crazy Misogynist Asshole; buying something gives him a reason to verbally harass the females and makes him a 'valued customer'), just wander the store.

I used to sit on the wall on the edge of the parking lot during my break. Now she's discovered that spot, and sits right where I used to
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Next time she comes in, ask if you can call the police. Someone like that really needs a psych eval, and the police have the authority to impose a psychiatric hold. She's obviously not able to care for herself and needs help.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Anyone who reeks so bad they drive paying customers out of the store and who rarely buy anything themselves (not to mention the obvious mental issues) should be barred from the store.

Comment

I used to work at a bank up in Northern IN around 15 yrs ago. We had this one homeless man that would come in. He always wore this hat with feathers (yes, multiple) sticking out. When we'd see him walk in all the tellers would try to find something (anything!) else to do. He reeked of urine! When he left you'd see the asst. branch manager and the customer service supervisor spraying down the front of the counter with Lysol. It was that bad.
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

The place I worked at years ago had someone similar, nicknamed Stinky. Only it was far more than just piss. It was a combination of piss, stale shit, body odor, and all forms of sick. Worst of all, they were twins. It was clear they were mentally ill as well, and as much as I felt bad for them, I really wish they didn't funk up the place, especially in August where they'd walk across the mall parking lot from across the street, and yes, you could smell them long before you'd see them.

And, we did have air fresheners dedicated to them. One of the colleagues took some receipt tape and used it to label the can "Stinky Spray".
          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
          Fiancee: What?!
          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

The worst reeker we get at the swamp smells like ass and rancid piss.

She always rides the motorized cart and pulls up right behind you and asks for stuff. "Hey, can you get me one of those?"

One time I was at the grocery store and about to enter the soda aisle. Stinky woman was on the motorized cart halfway down the aisle and I could smell her already. So no soda for Irv. It wasn't worth enduring her mustard gas stench.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The mentally ill homeless in my town that fall into that category have been tresspassed from all the stores in the center of town. Which means they end up in the county lock up for tresspass not amounting to burglary. After a few of those the judge gives them 6 months housing in jail.

Comment

One of the McDonalds stores I used to work at, was right across the road from one of the most popular beaches in Sydney, and there was a woman who used to come in who reeked of rancid pee. She knew she stank, and if another customer ever said anything to her about the smell, she used to loudly reply saying that they had no right to judge her just because she was a "hippie". We always used to spray disinfectant and wipe down every spot she touched when she had left

Comment

I'm pretty sure Pee Lady has had a run-in with the cops before; J told me one day while the smell was still lingering that someone did call the police on her. I never actually see her in the store anymore, but know when she did come in I was thinking that she had been banned, but if that was the case she wouldn't be allowed on the wall as that's still store property.

We have about a dozen people that should be banned...but maybe they have been banned from everywhere else. We keep telling ASM that yes, everyone has the right to shop but some of our local winners are or could be dangerous (Crazy Misogynist Asshole is one of those who is verbally abusive to any female but pleasant as can be to the male managers so there couldn't possibly be a problem).
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Pee Lady sounds like this one homeless guy who used to come into the library a few years back.....he smelled like BO, was obviously mentally ill, and our then-security guard had to ask him to leave because customers were complaining about the smell. The guy apparently got offended and said he was never coming back, but he did return a few times......can't say as that I miss him leaving stacks of books around the library, making extra clean-up work for the shelving staff.

Comment

The library in the city I grew up in had such a problem with odoriffic customers that they have signs up saying something to the effect of "proper hygiene required, we can ask you to leave if you smell" (but more PC wording).
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I had a similar situation one day at the convenience store. I have my back turned from the register while I'm stocking cigarettes. I hear someone set something on the counter behind me. Naturally I turn around to wait on the person and I walk right in to a cloud of funk. Nothing but the smell of ass. If this guy had just shit on himself he couldn't have made it worse.
                        I waited on him as quickly as possible from as far behind the counter as possible, and immediately got a jumbo size can of Lysol to fight the lingering cloud.

Comment

And yet, for some reason, companies seem to frown upon workers spraying the Lysol in the air BEFORE helping customers like the Pee Lady...Folks with actual medical conditions that cause this aside, I can't imagine why
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Too polite

I have a very strong B.O., I am constantly telling people that if I stink tell me about so I can do something. I does not offend me if you are telling the truth but I notice that a lot of people have problems telling people their faults even when there is not company rules to stop them.

If people were more honest to others maybe there would be less problems. I can't smell my own B.O. and I have to wonder aside from the people who are just plain nasty how many would do something about the smell that they probably can not smell themselves if someone and everyone just clearly told them how badly they smelt.

Comment

Well that is something I thought about after butt smell guy left. He has to have friends and or family. I would think at least one of those people would say something.
                              I cannot fathom how many bathing free days it takes to build the smell he had marching before him by a quarter of an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X