Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I ate 95% of my food, and now I want it all replaced!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BigBird View Post
    I saw this at a restaurant recently. The guy ate half his steak, then told the waiter it wasn't cooked right so he wanted a new one.
    That's why I always cut into my steak before the waitress leaves (a certain truck stop chain doesn't understand the concept of "well done"). Of course, if my steak isn't cooked properly, it's a simple matter of putting it on the grill for a bit longer (as opposed to a steak that's overcooked).

Note to steak afficionados - this is a case where "the customer is always right". You might think that "well done" is ruining the meat, but it's a matter of personal taste (and yes, I use steak sauce too). I believe there is an exception to TCIAR for ordering a Pyrat Cask Muchodinero and cola.

Quoth BigBird View Post
    He then had the gall to ask for a takeout container so that he could take home the half-eaten steak since, "They were just going to throw it out anyway."
    One time at "Chez Ronald", the bagel on my breakfast sandwich was a bit dried out. I mentioned this casually, as in "I don't have a problem with this, but you might want to check things out". They insisted on re-making it, and didn't take back the old one for disposal. There's a BIG difference between the staff telling the customer "go ahead and keep it - we'd just throw it out" and demanding both. Sounds like that customer was scamming for a free steak.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I once went to McDonald's drive-through to get a Cheeseburger Happy Meal for my son. Got home, opened the bag, and there was no hamburger! Couldn't quite figure that out, but the manager did give me another one. I was surprised, because I thought he'd probably accuse me of eating it, since I had driven home and then back to the store. But I had called as soon as I got home, so maybe it was the timing.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        And unfortunately this convinces the SC's to try this everywhere in order to scam free food and annoy both the staff and the honest customers...
        Welcome to the contemporary world of fast food. This is now the norm

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        It's a shame Corporate can't recognize that logic and give managers permission to show sucktomesters like this the door!
        Sorry they are "scared" of the customers (as in losing the lowest common cheap-assed customer now the base of the majority of their revenue), social media, the media, etc.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
          I once went to McDonald's drive-through to get a Cheeseburger Happy Meal for my son. Got home, opened the bag, and there was no hamburger! Couldn't quite figure that out, but the manager did give me another one. I was surprised, because I thought he'd probably accuse me of eating it, since I had driven home and then back to the store. But I had called as soon as I got home, so maybe it was the timing.
          there's three possibilities:
          1. the cashier noticed thye had screwed up, and admitted it ( probably least likely, I will admit)
          2. the timing was close enough that you were probably correct
          3. the hamburgers at McDonalds are cheap enough that it wasn't worth arguing the toss.

Comment

4. You were polite in the "I think you forgot something..." way not the "YOU EFFIN' SCAMMERS BETTER REFUND ME!" kind of way.... more flies with honey.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I bought a cappuccino from Mc Cafe once on the way to my daughter's ballet class. It had a tonne of cocoa powder on top that made it hard to taste the actual coffee but I didn't think much of it. Wasn't until I was almost finished that I realised that they hadn't actually put any coffee in so I'd just had a hot milk with cocoa sprinkles on top. Couldn't be bothered going back even though it was less than a block away. Other ballet parents thought the whole thing was a good laugh.
              Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                Something like this happened to us several years ago at Burger King. Just before (or while, don't recall for sure) we ordered, another customer ordered eight burger patties, no buns or anything, apparently for their dogs. After we got our food, we took it home, and when my brother unwrapped his Whopper, there was no burger patty in it! My mother called the restaurant, calmly told them what had happened, and they sent us a coupon for a free meal. Guessing the patty from his Whopper somehow ended up being 'borrowed' for the other person's order...
                Goofy music!
                Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Note to steak afficionados - this is a case where "the customer is always right". You might think that "well done" is ruining the meat, but it's a matter of personal taste (and yes, I use steak sauce too).
                  Sacre-Moo, sacrilege!

The one time I returned food it was a steak I ordered rare that came gray. Like a uniform shade of gray, as if it was mid way through the tanning process. When I got the new steak it had three small grill marks on each side, and was raw. Completely. Lessoned learned, requesting new food just pisses off the kitchen, never complained about food again, if it's inedible, I just never return to that place.
                  Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I once went to a McDonalds and ordered a double cheeseburger; what I got was a quarter pounder with cheese. I didn't bother making a song and dance over it, I just ate it. At the time, the queue was going thru the door so I figured that it wasn't worth harassing the exhausted sixteen year old at the till over something so trivial.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Well done

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      That's why I always cut into my steak before the waitress leaves (a certain truck stop chain doesn't understand the concept of "well done"). Of course, if my steak isn't cooked properly, it's a simple matter of putting it on the grill for a bit longer (as opposed to a steak that's overcooked).

Note to steak afficionados - this is a case where "the customer is always right". You might think that "well done" is ruining the meat, but it's a matter of personal taste (and yes, I use steak sauce too). I believe there is an exception to TCIAR for ordering a Pyrat Cask Muchodinero and cola.
                      I too like my steaks well done! How well done you ask? To the point that the tips of the steak start to char!

However, I do know not every piece of meat should be treated this way. Next month I am going to the Wynn Hotel where they serve real Kobe steaks! While I don't like my meat cooked to just rare, I will probably ask them to cook it to medium rare to get the full experience of Kobe beef.

Comment

Red Lobster

Went to Red Lobster and as soon as I bit into it, I knew that was something wrong with the Maine Lobster tail I was served. I then politely called over my waitress and explained the problem, she in turn called over the manager.

Next thing I knew, I had the entire meal remade for me with two lobster tails and a free desert. I did not ask for any of the extras.

I don't know if it was because I was frequent customer, or because I was always polite even this time with the bad tail or even both, but the meal was great and I have gone back there many times to order more dinners.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                          I don't know if it was because I was frequent customer, or because I was always polite even this time with the bad tail or even both, but the meal was great and I have gone back there many times to order more dinners.
                          The two times I remember sending food back, I was very polite. Yet both times I got grief. One time the waitress acted like I was being overly picky, the other time the waiter tried to tell me that was the way the dish was always served. It was nachos, and I'm positive they weren't supposed to be burned.

I have no idea why these people tried to tell me I was wrong, but it was surprising and annoying. Yet these SCs eat all their food and still get stuff for free!
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth the lawsmeister View Post
                            I bought a cappuccino from Mc Cafe once on the way to my daughter's ballet class. It had a tonne of cocoa powder on top that made it hard to taste the actual coffee but I didn't think much of it. Wasn't until I was almost finished that I realised that they hadn't actually put any coffee in so I'd just had a hot milk with cocoa sprinkles on top. Couldn't be bothered going back even though it was less than a block away. Other ballet parents thought the whole thing was a good laugh.
                            personally (not particularly liking coffee myself) I'd say what you got was an improvement!

anyway, earl, it was probably because you were polite.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              The two times I remember sending food back, I was very polite. Yet both times I got grief. One time the waitress acted like I was being overly picky, the other time the waiter tried to tell me that was the way the dish was always served.
                              That was my experience with Red Robin. the server INSISTED that a well done hamburger came with warm pink in the center. I advised him that well done has NO pink and is cooked fully. He argued with me. I argued again with the manager. I finally just paid and left, wrote corporate. I'm pretty sure they sent me a gift card just to shut me up. I went to a different location, asked for a well done burger, and got another pink one. I sent it back, it was still pink. so I gave up on Red Robin haha and I've never been back.

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                                That was my experience with Red Robin. the server INSISTED that a well done hamburger came with warm pink in the center.
                                That's funny because the first time I went to Red Robin I ordered my burger medium because I wanted a warm pink center, but it came out more red (to me, that's medium rare). I did eat it, but the next time I went I ordered medium well, and got the warm pink center I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X