This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time sc bugs me when I'm off the clock

The 15 minutes before my shift ends is what I call the weirdo stretch because all the weirdos decide it's a fine time to bug me .(The stretch comes from the term final stretch.)
    This man in a business suit comes up. I offer him a smile. He scowls. Oh so you're going to be one of those customers eh? Fine.
    I drop the smile and say, "may I help you?" Meaning, hurry up and tell me what you want so I can go home and away from your ugly scowl.
    He barks "I need a cab."
    "Sure, which's your room?"
    "No I don't wanna put it on there!"
    "No I'm not going to...I just need it to book it. "
    "I DONT WANNA PUT IT on THERE!"
    Forehead rub. "No--what's your name?"

He finally gives it. I tell him it'll be about 15 min. His eyes narrow. Finally, I persuade him to go outside and wait.
    He leaves, and my CW comes to relieve me. Yay! Oh, it's finally my day off, I'm so happy I could cry. Really, I have tears in my eyes, or maybe that's from yawning.
    I tell CW about Mr. Sunshine and his coming cab, and then go to punch out and leave. I'm barely out the door, heading for my car, purse in hand, when I hear, "hey!"
    I stop and Mr. S steps in front of me.
    "Where's my cab?!"
    "I dunno."
    "Did you really call?!"
    "Yes I did"
    "Well where is it?! I've been waiting!"
    "Maybe there's traffic. Wait for a bit longer and then if it still doesn't come, go ask the front desk."
    He looks at me like I just told him to go play in the traffic. His eyes narrow. "Oh ok....fine....tch..."
    Finally he back off and I hurry off to my car and peel away. He'll probably complain, and get me punished, but I don't think I did anything wrong. I was clocked out! frickin weirdo. :/
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

If they try to put that on you, "I was OFF THE CLOCK." Period.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've had someone recognize and come up to me at the grocery store and demand to know if where I work had any new discounts. Now note, I DO NOT work at the grocery store. I work in the clothing section of a department store. I was also shopping with my wheelchair-using husband, but I guess knowing if she could get an additional 5% off AT A STORE WE WEREN'T EVEN IN was worth barging into my personal life. Had she not been wearing a Muslim head-covering I'd have let her have it. It isn't an excuse for sucky behavior, but Muslims have a hard enough time and I have a bit of a soft spot for them.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I've been called C-Store Girl when out in public during my time off. Seriously. They don't know my name, so when SC's see me off duty they call out, "Hey! C-Store Girl!" It makes me cringe every damn time!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

See, if would be different if they were Mayberry nice. They know you so ask if x thing is on sale when you're off the clock...

This was just...bitchy.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I refuse to help anyone when I'm off the clock. There's dozens of people here who are being paid to help you, go bug them!
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

^ yep. Also, I'm probably on the phone.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X