This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm leaving coz yada yada...

I get the feeling that my table stories have been carrying on for a while now, but this is personally a really big peeve where I work. I apologize in advance.

Anyway, a group of customers left today before even being seated because the table I was told to seat them at was 'too noisy' and he wanted to 'have his meal quiet'. It was a booth table and it was the closest one to the kitchen (I also got into an argument one time with two ladies, coz they moved into the next booth over for the same reason).

The father basically got all snooty on me and asked if they could move. I told them that it was the last table we had that wasn't reserved, and we couldn't move his family of four to a big table coz we would need it if a group of eight came in (which it did later). Honestly, it's Sunday lunch rush and it's as noisy as a V8 race, the noise is practically 360. So yeh, that settled itself.

I had another table that left a while back coz 'there wasn't enough on the menu'. I gave them a menu to look at and then saw them leaving as I was getting their drinks. Uh, it's a Chinese Yum Cha restaurant. You can order as much as you want; it's not single serve and it's just like a sushi train (then again I have had people that didn't know how yum cha worked).

People practically go all feral for our booth seats. You cost us a lot of time just because we have to divert our attention from more important duties to clean and set the dirty tables. And when the restaurant is going to hell, you take what you can get. Seriously people it's not that hard, just TAKE. THE DAMN. SEAT

No worries ^_^ We're here to listen.

As for the noise complaint...If you don't want noise, go out and eat as soon as a place opens, or at 3~4 in the afternoon instead at lunchtime. Problem solved
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Or

Quoth EricKei View Post
      No worries ^_^ We're here to listen.

As for the noise complaint...If you don't want noise, go out and eat as soon as a place opens, or at 3~4 in the afternoon instead at lunchtime. Problem solved
      Or do take-out and eat at home or the local park. I do the park option all the time.

Comment

Working...
      X