This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blargh

so we have a church group in this weekend. lots of sites. they got a 12% group rate. now, keep in mind i've worked at this campground for the last 4 summers, and i've worked at Big Yellow campgrounds in general for the last 8 years. i'm very confident and knowledgeable with their proprietary, but sometimes somewhat confusing, software.

so one lady in the large group was registered incorrectly, and we forgot to apply the discount code. i'm not the person who handled it... that happened before i came in at 3. but it was handled. for SOME reason the receipt had an entry on it that said something along the lines of 'church group' and an amount of 7 dollars and change. i have no idea what this entry was for, but she certainly got more than that as her discount (over 20 dollars worth overall). anyway... because of that odd entry she comes back to me and asks why she didn't get her discount for the first day (her 1 night's deposit was made without the discount). i examine her receipt, and check the computer, and explain that the computer automatically figured it in. when someone adds a discount (or an addition), the computer automatically takes the full amount of the stay, calculates what the discount (or addition) should be, and then adds the tax, and then subtracts whatever deposit was made to generate the balance due on checkin. i ended up explaining this about 2 or 3 different ways, with her not seeming to quite "get it". then my co-worker, who was the person who fixed the lack-of-discount issue originally, walked in, and she called her over and asked her. she said the EXACT SAME THING I DID... and the guest was like "oh, ok. thanks!"

i just had to walk away.

It must have been your accent. They can be very confusing. I mean really, look at how you say cat's claw.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      It must have been your accent. They can be very confusing. I mean really, look at how you say cat's claw.
      Whut in tarnation th' heck does yo' mean "accent?" ah doesn't haf an accent. ah talk puffickly no'mally.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

phshhh maybe. i have a flat nondescript accent. i'm from northern VA... so i don't sound southern OR northern... but right now i'm in WI near the MN border... and they have a totally different accent up here, don'tcha know. XD

Comment

Ha! I grew up in California, so when I wound up in North Dakota I had a heck of a time understanding people. It took me three weeks to figure out that the Egg Show everyone was talking about was actually the Ag Show -- as in the agricultural show where tractors and livestock were on display!
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

It happens a lot, and has little or nothing to do with an accent. Person A explains a concept, the explanation goes over Person B's head. Person C explains the concept again, sometimes using the same wording as Person A, and Person B gets it. I have no idea why this happens, but it can be irritating to be Person A.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X