This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He probably sells volcano insurance.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Your red-orange bug part dye is most likely cochineal (I am not sure if I spelled that right).
      Yup! Cochineal and carmine (or carminic acid) both come from the female beetle Dactylopius coccus from South and Central America. It lives in the Opuntia cactus. Click here if you'd like to know more
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Am I sick for thinking "That is the slowest Munchausen by Proxy syndrome EVER!"?
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          This dumb cow wanting to finish a crib with toxic chemicals? Further proof that Darwin was onto something. Sad, but that's how nature is. That's how the world works.
          Hm, if we extend a little bit on this, we could safely say then that the various laws and rules put in place to keep people safe are really furthering an effort to dumb down society. As more and more people are allowed to sue companies and individuals for spilling hot coffee on themselves, the governement seems to reward stupidity.
          Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Quoth Kilamon View Post
            Hm, if we extend a little bit on this, we could safely say then that the various laws and rules put in place to keep people safe are really furthering an effort to dumb down society. As more and more people are allowed to sue companies and individuals for spilling hot coffee on themselves, the governement seems to reward stupidity.
            Absolutely! I'm not in favor of allowing kids to get into trouble and perish, but I think we've gone WAAAAAY too far in protecting stupid people from themselves. I guess we do this because stupid people like to turn around and sue.

Comment

*twitch*

I hate hearing about the "McDonald's coffee" case. The jury felt that McDonald's deserved to be hit with a huge settlement based on the callous disregard for any injuries anyone might have sustained from spilling their coffee that was displayed by McDonald's representatives during testimony. All the woman who was burned ever wanted was her medical bills covered, and nothing more.

However, I do agree that there are a lot of laws out there for the sole purpose of "childproofing" the world, and most of them just give us adults who are totally unprepared to survive without padding on all the world's corners.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X