Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had nair on my legs (inner thigh) for about 4 minutes when it really started to bloody hurt. So I panicked and washed it off and well -- ever get salt in an open cut? it was like that but everywhere.

...and no god damn hair came out. It just smelled like burning hair. but I was still hairy

Comment

Kara: she's never once cut herself, and you can't imagine her talent with this, I could go into detail with stories, but she's very private and she'd kick my ass!

I can't use nair (sensitive skin), debating getting waxed, and have somewhat dark leg hair that shows under my skin even if I'm silky smooth...so I almost give up. Seriously thinking about trying out the waxing though.....

Took a lesbian to show me how to shave a certain area for my bf without getting shaving bumps. I may not swing that way, but I tell ya, those lesbians are darn handy little ladies.
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

when i used nair abot a year or go, it must of burned through my skin coz i got little spots of blood all over my leg showing through the cream.
        It looked much like when u nick ur legs shavings and u get a 'spot' of blood that spills out

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
          I may not swing that way, but I tell ya, those lesbians are darn handy little ladies.

I've never never been able to shave well without cutting myself somewhere (LEGS, people. and underarms), but I'm good with fixing mechanical things (except cars) and know my way around a toolbox.

I Nair'd once. It stunk up my house something awful and in the end I decided shaving was far less hassle.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I use Veet once a week......I really do not have the time to shave my legs every day or every other day....especially when I'm single more often than not, and I only get 2 days a week off.

Now, I will warn you, the smell is absolutely horrid and rank if you have a sensitive schnoz like I do. But it's so worth it and doesn't burn at all.

I do know guys that shave their chests. I advise them to use Veet. It wasn't made for men, though, but as long as they don't leave it on for more than 5 minutes, and provided they don't have THICK, THICK, COARSE body hair, it should all come off.

I just won't date hairy men anymore. My ultimadum of "Get rid of that body hair or I won't shave my legs anymore!" didn't fly.

I dislike hairy boys.

EDIT: Veet should not be used for removal of hair by the genitals. Hahahaha. Just keep shaving if you do, and be very very careful about it. Don't shave it every single day or even every other day. That's where razor burn comes from.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Honestly, I don't think I know of anyone who has said that Nair works.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

The Nair people do.

It works. It just doesn't work well (still had to shave a few patches it missed, and by the time you get lathered up you might as well shave the ol' legs anyway).
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I did the lazer hair removal thing awhile back - sort of when it started becoming the new "thing". I think I had incompetent people doing it - and charging a ton - but I went in for 3 sessions of just barely endurable pain for 6 hours each session - it was horrible. I'm sure it's gotten better now, but the last time I looked into it they told me if I got pregnant, or as I got older - the hair could come back - I decided it wasn't worth the pain, time, and money....

I've tried several products from Nair to the laser and more and I think the good old fashioned razor (okay well i like the one w/ the shaving cream attached) does the trick. Although if I had the money, I'd just go get it waxed - I tried doing it myself - not easy to get to the back of your leg - and oh do NOT try waxing your "special areas" on your own - trust me, not a good idea. Go to a professional if you want no hair there...

I also like that little thing they sell at Walgreens - I don't know what it's called - it's silver and kinda looks like a pencil and is usually $10. It "trims" the hair - I use it on my arms and on my upper lip - I think it works great.

By the way - did that lady bring her razor in yet?

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post

I also like that little thing they sell at Walgreens - I don't know what it's called - it's silver and kinda looks like a pencil and is usually $10. It "trims" the hair - I use it on my arms and on my upper lip - I think it works great.
                    Omfg that thing wins. I use electric shavers to trim my facial hair (read: sideburns and lip hair, unfortunate medeteranian genes and such) but for the eyebrows? Dear lord I'd ask for nothing else. Do they make replacement blades for it or do I just have to buy a new one? Becuase mine doesn't cut as well as it used to with a fresh pair o batts.

Comment

I've had my eyebrows waxed so many times that I don't even feel it anymore. But my legs are another story with wax.

I do recall using Nads once at about age 12.......I started eating it because it was all a sugar base. It hurt like HELL ripping that stuff off of my thighs.

Now that I've been tanning and I'm so much darker......all my little blonde hairs that were once never visible are showing up.......I have a moustache!!!!! Now I have to wax that every 2 weeks

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

I dislike hairy boys.
                        Well, you'd hate me then. I've got hobbit feet and wookie legs. I can already envision myself giving Robin Williams a run for his money when I get older. And shaving my face is enough of a pain. To shave my entire frame? *shudder* A pack of razor blades a week. And there's no way I'm waxing either.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I've tried Nair . . . but w/coarse, dark hair, it's not very effective and I still have spots that I still end up shaving anyways, so I stick w/the razor and shave cream - if I can keep my glasses on while in the shower without them fogging up

Eyebrows are a different story - I have those arched whenever I have my hair cut. I just don't trust myself with hot wax . . .
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Just reminded myself of a gross body hair story.

So my "roomate" is a human Chewbacca. Thick long black chest hair, back hair, etc...

The last time he got kicked out of his gf's place and he retreated back here to make my life hell for a week (!!!!! rrrr!!!)

He was so....shaken up about it, I guess, that he pulled a Britney Spears. Over his entire body. He shaved his HEAD, his beard, his moustache.........and instead of doing what he normally used to do (shaving it clean and putting the hair onto a napkin and then throwing it away after using his electric razor)........he shaved it all INTO THE SINK! When I woke up that day and went to brush my teeth and had the water running.................the sink filled up within 10 seconds and took nearly 15 minutes to drain. There were black hairs everywhere!

Then into the shower.......he must have spent an hour getting rid of all of his body hair after his face/head escapade. The tub was clogged as well, with black hairs all over the tub and it taking the tub nearly a half hour to drain just the water I'd used for a shower!

Two bottles of Drano later..........and money out of my own pocket to pay for my roomate's piggishness....

If you're that hairy of a guy and you want to get rid of it all, PLEASE do not put it all in the sink and the tub! Of course, we all know he never pulls stunts like that at his girlfriend's house, now does he?

Comment

...that reminds me, I should go switch the blade in my razor.
                              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I tried Nair, once. I've got cast iron skin. Unless it's some nasty acidic chemical, it won't bother me. Nair did nothing. I left it on for twice the required length and had absolutely nothing happen.

I tried some other stuff once (not Nads), and it sort of maybe had some effect, but nothing worth trying a second time for.

I can't stand hair in my razor! That's just nasty! I have to clean it before it goes back on the shelf.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X