This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Buck Suck

One of the local losers, this one with a size 10 stick jammed up her size 4 ass (I'm permanently borrowing this BTW) marches up to the service desk with a silverware set and a gift receipt for said silverware set,

Receipt indicates the silverware set was purchased during last year's Thanksgiving Black Thursday/Friday extravaganza. Our computer shows the silverware was purchased for $11.99.

Because she is well outside our already too generous 120-day return policy, harpy is told she will be refunded $9.99 (lowest sale price or something like that).

She goes full Bitchzilla. She calls the service desk lady, whom I refer to as "the brick wall" a f*cking bitch and a scamming (certain ethnicity) C-bomb, among other sobriquets.

BTW, Bitchzilla's daughter is along with her and is being immersed in a sea of f-words and flipped birds.

Service desk lady pages the manager on duty for assistance. He comes down, has a little abuse heaped on him, and tells Bitchzilla to tone it down or take it out.

She chooses the latter, promising to call corporate. We are now anticipating a phone call or a sternly-worded memo in the near future, telling us we were wrong and we shouldn't argue with a customer over two dollars.

Because here at the clearance swamp, we don't kiss the customer's ass. We toss their salad.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

It's absurd sometimes how riled up people can get over the tiniest of things. Just 2 dollars, and this is the reaction.

God, imagine if it were something of actual value. :/
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

I saw a guy flip his shit at an autoparts store over $0.10! He was demanding that the price be changed and they give him a second bottle of whatever it was he was ranting about for free. Manager gave him a very politely phrased "oh hell no" and refunded the guy his money. The guy then barked at his wife (who was over by the fluids he'd bought, trying to find where it showed the price her husband said it was) ordering her to get to the door NOW! because he was leaving.

Cashier wondered why people were so rude to workers, and I pointed out how he treated his wife. If that's the way he treats someone he supposedly loves, then schlubs behind a counter got no chance of a civil word coming their way.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        a size 10 stick jammed up her size 4 ass (I'm permanently borrowing this BTW)
        I charge royalties.

Comment

Quoth Boomslang View Post
          I charge royalties.
          Irv's a Freleigh peon.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Boomslang View Post
            I charge royalties.

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
            I saw a guy flip his shit at an autoparts store over $0.10! He was demanding that the price be changed and they give him a second bottle of whatever it was he was ranting about for free. Manager gave him a very politely phrased "oh hell no" and refunded the guy his money. The guy then barked at his wife (who was over by the fluids he'd bought, trying to find where it showed the price her husband said it was) ordering her to get to the door NOW! because he was leaving.

Cashier wondered why people were so rude to workers, and I pointed out how he treated his wife. If that's the way he treats someone he supposedly loves, then schlubs behind a counter got no chance of a civil word coming their way.
            When we were discussing the incident that prompted the original post, my supervisor told me about the time years ago when she saw and overheard some harpy reaming a new girl on her third shift or so, over....something.

Poor girl was in tears. Harpy's husband stood by the entire time and said nothing.

Supervisor asked what kind of guy husband was to stand there and say nothing as his wife screamed that poor girl into sobs. I opined "Either he's the stupidest man on Earth or she's dynamite in bed."

Supervisor choked on her water. I get that a lot.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Is it sad that my mind went straight to the gutter when I read the thread title?
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Yes it's sad - you've been a member here for nearly 8 years. Your mind should have gone to the gutter long before this.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                  I saw a guy flip his shit at an autoparts store over $0.10! .
                  Back in the day (say about 30 or so years ago) when I was an AM for a burger chain I had an older gentleman wrinkled old crone of a man flip his shit over a PENNY.

It seems the cashier shorted him a single solitary bight shinny PENNY.

He comes roaring (literally) into the store yelling cussing and swearing that "THAT <BLEEP> BLEEP BLEWEP> shorted me!!!!!!!!" He then threw a bag of food at me and the change the cashier had given him. I even offered to GIVE him a penny out of my own pocket. "JUST GIMME A REFUND YOU <bleep bleeping bleep>"

Even in the mid 1980's a PENNY really did not buy anything. Even at that time I do not remember even penny candy machines.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    Back in the day (say about 30 or so years ago) when I was an AM for a burger chain I had an older gentleman wrinkled old crone of a man flip his shit over a PENNY.
                    I too have had a SC go nuts over a penny. Something was supposed to be on sale for $.99. It was coming up at $1.00. No biggie, it's an easy price override. In fact I remember being like "okay, okay, that's fine I'm changing it. Yes, I'm changing it. Okay, the flier says $.99, I did change the price. Yes, it came up at $1.00. I don't know why. Anyway, it's changed now... Yes I see the flier." She was one of those SCs who has no off button.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Because she is well outside our already too generous 120-day return policy, harpy is told she will be refunded $9.99 (lowest sale price or something like that).
                      After this long she's lucky you're even willing to _do_ a refund!

She chooses the latter, promising to call corporate. We are now anticipating a phone call or a sternly-worded memo in the near future, telling us we were wrong and we shouldn't argue with a customer over two dollars.

Because here at the clearance swamp, we don't kiss the customer's ass. We toss their salad.
                      Based on your previous stories this seems likely... And how big of a gift card will she get for her horrible experience?

Comment

I have my own contribution to the thread. This dates to shortly after I started at the convenience store when we had the older registers and needed to enter plu's for certain things.
                        Apparently all of the cashiers were ringing up over sized pop refills(larger than 44 ounces) at the regular soda price which is 87 cents. The correct price for jumbo refills is actually 1.29 so...
                        A day after the change to the correct price occurs I had a customer lose his shit over 42 cents. I explained the situation and that other cashiers had been undercharging but he looks at the sign that says pop for 79 cents and he's like you're not going to honor the price..... this peckerwood says that 3 or 4 times.
                        I gave him a firm no... to say the least. All that for 42 cents

Seriously. The crap some people do over trivial amounts.
                        Last edited by Roland; 07-31-2015, 07:07 PM. Reason: reasons

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          I too have had a SC go nuts over a penny....She was one of those SCs who has no off button.
                          Oh yes, I've gotten those too. Seriously, what difference does a penny make? You can't buy anything with it.

It makes you want to hand them a single penny, lock-clamped in a pair of vise-grips.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Did your SC look anything like

This kid?
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Aww, I came into the tread expecting some hub-bub over an actual $2 bill.

Those are always fun to deal with… especially if I'm the one spending 'em, heh.
                              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
                              X