Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just reread the first. I forgot about the really good off-topic discussions in there.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      More like "the burned-out refrigerator bulb club" amirite?
      Burnt out Christmas bulb.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Burnt out Christmas bulb.
        Could we call that a timbulb?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Burned-out near-infrared LED. You know, the ones which (when working) you can just about see a dim red glow if you turn the lights out, because it's in a part of the light spectrum that your eyes have very low sensitivity to.

Comment

It sounds like Tim's friend wants to be his cell mate. Isn't that what friends do. So Tim doesn't get lonely in the pokey.

Comment

Quoth Momiitz View Post
              ... So Tim doesn't get lonely in the pokey.
              Or so they can get pokey in the lonely...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

A day in the life of Tim and/or his bogan friends, (artist impression)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsWxS2jTsK8
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Right, apologies for post resurrection, but I've been off with university stuff for a while. Ok, so. We never got the van back. It was found burned out in a suburb out in the hills, off in the bush. So there's a fun one. Tim's friend is now looking at charges of arson as well as theft, because apparently if you're gonna be dumb, go big or singe your eyebrows off trying.

Company got a replacement van from the hire company...but we're looking at scrapping the van rental entirely, and just using the truck/ute hire since, guess what? The newer van got frakkin' stolen again! Partner says he has more updates on this for when he gets home on his half hour break, so this may end up being a double post. Still. Be great if people would stop taking off with our hire shop stuff!

*Edit*
                  Ok, edit post rather than double posting. No wonder partner wanted to tell me about this in person.

So, the latest van thief is not actually a thief, he's just an idiot.
                  Guys Mum called up today to say "he can't return the van he's in hospital and very sick." Ok, fair enough, we're willing to wave charges, but someone still should have called us.
                  20 minutes later the critically ill man calls us and casually informs us that he can't return the van because "my mum's sick and in hospital and I have to care for her." We handle this diplomatically, but inform him that it was odd, since his mum just called to say HE was in hospital. Dude hangs up, but not without some moderate swearing.

Half an hour later, dude calls back. The van was impounded. He parked in an alleyway in the city for six hours doing god knows what, and when he got back, it was gone! Now he's claiming that the $300 fee for release and subsequent late fees are our fault, not his, and its our responsibility to get the van out of impound.

What are these people smoking?
                  Last edited by Latekin; 09-05-2015, 07:07 AM.
                  Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Quoth Latekin View Post
                    What are these people smoking?
                    People like this are NOT actually on or smoking anything. It is unforetunate that some are just naturally this stupid.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      People like this are NOT actually on or smoking anything. It is unforetunate that some are just naturally this stupid.
                      actually they were smoking something and it killed his last neuron

Comment

If the van was stolen shouldn't someone be pressing charges instead of playing "exactly who's in the hospital" with the moron?

Comment

if it had been impounded they would have been contacted by the impound yard as all rental vehicles will have some sort of badging on them, usually in multiple places.

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
                            if it had been impounded they would have been contacted by the impound yard as all rental vehicles will have some sort of badging on them, usually in multiple places.
                            It's still the responsibility of whoever rented it to come get it.

We tow a lot of rentals for illegal parking. To us, it's just another car that's going to sit until whoever illegally parked it comes for it and pays the price owed.

If, and only if, they never do, and we hit the 30-day "abandoned" mark, do we contact the actual rental agency and let them know they rented to an apparent deadbeat.

Comment

The rental company doesn't overtly advertise their number on their vehicles anyway, as they're not a direct to customer company. We have advertisements on our hire outs, but they're general to the company with no phone numbers (call your local store to hire me! sort of deal), and we have multiple locations across the State - you'd have to go through a few different channels to find the actual owners, and I suspect many towing/impound companies wouldn't have the time.

Either way, it was a whole lots of nonsense and runabout considering this is the third time a vehicle has gone missing/been stolen from our store. Somebody spare me.
                              Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

The "no smoking" stickers on the dash are a dead giveaway, nobody has to remind themselves not to smoke in their own car..... :P and if you know where to look, the scannable barcodes stickers on the windows also seal the deal you've got a rental.

But either way, it's sitting here until SOMEONE comes for it, just like the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X