This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
    Hey, here's an idea: DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR DAY, YOU BIG DUMMIES!
    Oh, but they have to bow to the demands of the gift recipients or they will be considered the worst gift-givers ever, and thus sub-par human beings. Howzabout the recipients be grateful for whatever they're given, since no one has to buy anything for anyone ever. Too bad these shoppers don't realize that.

As far as the do something else, here are a couple of ideas:
    --serve at a homeless shelter
    --contribute to any kind of charity that helps the poor, instead of spending hundreds of dollars on unneeded presents
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I don't care if somebody at the <telephone/internet/cable> store told you to bring your equipment here to return it when you cancelled your services with my client. If you stopped to read before coming into the building you would see a sign that specifically says that we do not take equipment back here. Heck, you'd even have seen a list of places to return your equipment to, ffs. Don't stand there in the lobby and argue with me when I tell you repeatedly that we do not take equipment back here. I really don't care what your buddy, next door neighbour, or your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate told you - WE DO NOT TAKE EQUIPMENT BACK HERE!!!!

Sure, go ahead and complain to corporate. I'm not actually employed by the company whose name is plastered on the side of the building. I'm only a lowly security guard, but even I know how to read. Asshole.

Comment

• Everybody: Please STOP telling me how awful the recorded greeting is. WE KNOW. WE HATE IT TOO! The person whose voice they used no longer works here (thank every deity, ever!!) and we all know (1) she talks too fast, (2) she talks too quietly. We have told management that we hear this complaint literally EVERY DAY. They are aware. Are they going to fix this? GOD KNOWS. It wouldn't cost a penny and would take about 5 minutes, but it's their call, not mine. Deal with it!!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• To teachers at nearby schools:

When you are giving the parents of your students information about reading levels/ programs which your school uses, PLEASE DO NOT tell them to "ask a librarian, they'll know and can help you find appropriate books."

I felt really bad for a mom who had come in looking for "O reading level" books for one of her kids, because I had NO idea what that meant, and had never heard of whatever reading program the school was using. (I think she had already asked at the customer service desk)

Comment

• Addendum to my last post:
            If you're speaking clearly, once is enough. I don't know what it is about public transport that turns some people into infinite loops, forever repeating the same phrase or variations thereof when we've already indicated we have heard & understood. I suspect it's the same gene that makes some people ring the Stop signal on buses every 3 seconds until the bus pulls over, which it would have done just as quickly after just one ring...
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Yes, I put up the sign you just read and the machine has an OUT OF ORDER sign on it because I'm lying. The machine really works.

Comment

• OK, you're nice but annoying. First you asked me how I was enjoying the nice weather. I pointed out that I've been inside all day. Then you said something about my looking serious. Well, maybe that's because I'm at work. Can you not see that I'm working alone here? I have things to do.

Comment

• Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  Addendum to my last post:
                  If you're speaking clearly, once is enough. I don't know what it is about public transport that turns some people into infinite loops, forever repeating the same phrase or variations thereof when we've already indicated we have heard & understood. I suspect it's the same gene that makes some people ring the Stop signal on buses every 3 seconds until the bus pulls over, which it would have done just as quickly after just one ring...
                  The stop requested signal on the buses in my home city only sounds once, no matter how many times we mash that button or yank that string.

Also, the subway system announces the upcoming station's name four times. Twice when announcing the next stop and twice when we're about to arrive. It's great when you're blind, but I only wish that the person who asked for it didn't have to fight for it so much.
                  cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

• Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                    The stop requested signal on the buses in my home city only sounds once, no matter how many times we mash that button or yank that string.

Also, the subway system announces the upcoming station's name four times. Twice when announcing the next stop and twice when we're about to arrive. It's great when you're blind, but I only wish that the person who asked for it didn't have to fight for it so much.
                    I wish we'd adopt that on our buses; I'm not even driving them & it makes me loopy with how much some people keep ringing the damn things.

Announcements repeating a couple of times pretty standard isn't it? Once to get people's attention, and once more when they're actually listening. Repeating your order continuously using every possible variation of sentence structure is the annoying bit; I had someone quintuple-checking at every step of the way, as if the fate of the multiverse depended on it.

I know that ordering tickets is new to everyone once, but I've been issuing them for years so I do know what I'm doing!
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• I have been working here for over five years. I think that I know more about company policy than you, a customer who's never been here, so shut the fuck up.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        I have been working here for over five years. I think that I know more about company policy than you, a customer who's never been here, so shut the fuck up.
                        I hate those, and especially the ones that say "I work at another branch, I know you can do it!" So you're telling me that your branch regularly breaks policy, or even the law? I'll be sure to pass that on to manglement!

Comment

• Using our jargon when trying to get your way will do the exact opposite of what you intended. Only a scammer would be that precise. Using my name (how did you learn it?) isn't gonna help you either. Shithead may let you get away with this, but I'm not him. Sure, you can get someone else to break policy and put it through (using their card) if they're that dumb, you'll still be denied next time you show up when I'm working.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Look, I know your wife is using that shopping cart as a walker, but you are blocking a fire exit, the door to my kitchen (which I need to use if there is a fire), and the way to the ladies' room. You need to either get her a walker or park the cart out of the way and then bring it to her when she's done in the bathroom. Yes, it's inconvenient for a disabled couple--and I sympathize--but not being able to get out of a burning building is also inconvenient.

Comment

• Hey regular customer. I see you are being helped by a newbie. Oh, I hear you ask/demand something which you know we can't do. (cut a fabric down the fold) And you have the gall to look surprised and fake innocent when I back up the newbie and tell you no.

Also, we just have the one public bathroom, one person, unisex. If the door is locked someone is using it. I agree we need more, but it's an old building, we are just not getting another one period. So suck it up. If you have medical needs, tell me. I suspect you are just outraged at having to wait. You react by pacing around, sighing and shaking your head. I can feel your glare as I go into the stock room. Nope, not letting you use ours. About 30 seconds later you are able to use the bathroom. Congrats on not losing your mind in those 30 seconds.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Not a big thing, but I hate when people demand (not ask) a chair be brought to the front so they can sit and wait. It's one of those little things that goes way out of proportion in my mind. When I hear a page "a customer needs a chair brought to the front" it just aggravates me. We aren't a bus stop. There is no good place for a chair by our front doors. Why do people think they can just demand random things? Oh, because they always get what they want.
                                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                                X