Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey lady, you waited absolutely zero seconds. You walked up, blurted out what you wanted (which I had to make you repeat because it was random and I was listening to something on my headset) and I'm now walking you to the product. It kinda pisses me off to hear you say to my back as we're walking "I'm in a hurry!" You said it like 6 more times, and got a text from your husband who was apparently blocking traffic parked in front of the store waiting for you.* That's not the end, though, you have a weird issue where you tell me we only carry plastic crochet hooks, and argue with me that aluminum isn't metal. ??? Then as I'm leaving I find out that you bothered another of my CWs about the same thing, but you said "steel." You never said steel to me!

Bonus, as I was trying to leave two ladies with a cart were in the walkway. The one lady moved the cart, but not really in a helpful way. It ended up slightly diagonal in the aisle instead of straight. I mean, at least you tried to move, but your friend stayed in the way so that I had to squeeze through the cart and your friend. I say "stayed in the way" but I mean "stood in exactly the place which made it the most hard to get through." My "excuse me" may have had a tone. Yeah, I probably sounded a little cranky.

*Anyone who knows what store I work in knows this is like risking death by roadrage. For the rest of you... Our entrance is about 2-3 car lengths around the corner from a fairly busy road. Basically an area which could use traffic lights but only has stop and yield signs and is so horrible that some people refuse to drive there.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• I know you aren't intentionally being sucky, but......if you've got a large amount of library materials to return, please don't wait until the last hour before closing to do this. Especially if you're one of those parents who "must" check out 10+ picture books for each kid.

Comment

• Yes, I know the automated ticket machine is out of service/not taking (whatever); I'm the one that taped the sign on it. Yes, that sign you moved out of the way was there specifically to prevent you encountering this issue. No, I'm not going to run outside to get your money unstuck, I have to get this queue finished first - company policy, it's better to inconvenience one than many. (And aside from that, you know I use a stick - I can't run anywhere!)
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Who lets their kid bring an AIR HORN into a museum?? AN AIR HORN! If he'd honked that thing behind me I probably would have had a heart attack and died.

Comment

• "Hey, I promise you this is for a tattoo. I need tongue depressors, paper towels and Vaseline."

Sure you do, chief.

For all I know, this guy was being truthful. I was amused.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• You're in front of my counter and I'm all the way across the kitchen and in the dining area, 4 or 5 yards from you. What makes you think I can hear you? I do know what you're asking, since so many people want me to babysit their stuff. No. You're on ignore now.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Every. single. light. here is out, including the ones on machines. I'm literally having to work in the dark to deter you, yet you all keep coming up and yelling from 3 yards away to see if I'm open. What do you think??
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Every one of you who goes to trash us online after saying your stay was simply lovely are fucking COWARDS. You got a problem? Say it to my face. Let me try to fix it. And there's a special place in hell for you liars who say you stood in our lobby for 45 minutes (15 tops) while "waiting for someone to help you" (Because I wasn't helping you when I was calling every 3rd party reservation site in existence trying to find your reservation while making other guests who were fucking prepared wait).
                  Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 01-08-2016, 12:11 AM.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Hey Stoopid - if the staple actually DOES fall out of the TV listings book that comes with your newspaper, and "your child goes to eat it", then, NO, it wouldn't be OUR fault. There's this little thing called "supervision" which is entirely YOUR responsibility.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• oddly enough, I'm 100% aware that our drive thru is badly designed. You are probably the 900th person to tell me. You saying so isn't going to change it.

Comment

• I know the coupon you just scanned (and the voice prompt) says "0.00". See also where it says "DISC AT TOTAL"? Hit the Total button. There we go. Yes, I know it's badly designed. You're probably the 9000th person to say this. Repeating "It's not coming off!" with puppy eyes isn't going to entice me to override it (I don't even know if you had the right coupon for the stuff you're buying).
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                          I know the coupon you just scanned (and the voice prompt) says "0.00". See also where it says "DISC AT TOTAL"? Hit the Total button. There we go. Yes, I know it's badly designed. You're probably the 9000th person to say this. Repeating "It's not coming off!" with puppy eyes isn't going to entice me to override it (I don't even know if you had the right coupon for the stuff you're buying).
                          Same thing with scanning a card at the end, or "must buy/BOGO" deals. Whoever designed this POS POS should be forced to work selfscan eternally in the pits of hell.

Comment

• Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
                            Whoever designed this POS POS should be forced to work selfscan eternally in the pits of hell.
                            I have had the same thought about those who design certain restaurant seats. They should have to sit in them forever.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Shout-out to the untamed little that purposely leant forward and coughed directly into the slot under my window, while their parents laughed at how silly they were.

*sits wrapped in 3 blankets, shivering, sucking on ice cubes to soothe throat*
                              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                This is what a decimal point looks like: . It goes in front of the number.

This is what a percent sign looks like: %. It goes behind the number.

Hence, a sign that says ".50 off" means the item has a 50 cent reduction in price, not that the item is 50% off the regular price.

Arguing this with me for 10 minutes will make me wonder how you managed to graduate high school, much less procreate.
                                Takes fewer smarts to procreate. My cat knows jack about math but she produced kittens just fine. Then we got her spayed.
                                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                                X