This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
    Same thing with scanning a card at the end, or "must buy/BOGO" deals. Whoever designed this POS POS should be forced to work selfscan eternally in the pits of hell.
    I just say "The sales will come off at the end" and walk away from these idjits. Not really worth what's left of my sanity to engage them further (sometimes I hate the consciously-helpless wealthy jerks in my town). The kicker is I could probably patch what's needed given some help and the right access, but to hear Shithead tell it having someone do that instore is akin to breaching the entire company network. A tech told me that we could update the produce menu screens locally, but Shithead says we can't and wants me to make a 'master list' that he can call in <_< (sure, he calls it in so he gets credit for suggesting the fix...hell no)
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-11-2016, 02:07 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I swear if I hear "but I want a balconnnyyyyyy" one more time I am going to brain someone with a stapler. It's freezing out. You DON'T want to go outside to sit in lawn chairs and enjoy the mountain view, I don't care what you say. There's only one reason you'd want outdoor access from your room and that's because you're too lazy to walk 20 feet to the elevator to partake of your habit downstairs.

You are.not.allowed.to.smoke.on.the.balconies you effing idjits. I don't care if you can smoke on your balcony at your apartment. This is a hotel. A hotel is a public building under Denver city code. Smoking on balconies is not allowed. It isn't my decision. It isn't management's decision. It isn't even corporate's decision. It's the EFFING LAW.

You don't like it, move here, register to vote, and get a ballot initiative started. That's the only way the policy is going to change, and given that we get a lot of asthma patients from the local hospital, I doubt it'll work, but if you want to try, go ahead.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Look, I'm sorry you're unable to work and you're bored (your words), but you are driving me nuts. I am trying to run this cafe and you keep interrupting me. You should know by now that you can take a water cup; you are in here every single day. You sit at a table and jump up in a hurry to leave, so I clean the table. Then you come back. You do this several times. I try my best to let it go, to let you do whatever, but you keep asking me how my day is. It would be a lot better without all of you who use my dining area as a lounge for hours on end. Please go bug the staff at a fast food place.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• If you're driving in a double white line area (no overtaking for the non brits) I cannot, by law, overtake you in my ambulance when I'm on lights/sirens. If it's safe pull over so I can overtake when you're stopped, if not, make normal progress and I'll overtake when the lines change.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• No, ditz, it is not "illegal in this state" to "deliver something that somebody doesn't want." If you wanna cancel your newspaper, just SAY SO. We can't read your mind! Especially if there's nothing in it!!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Some of the fast food places around here have no loitering policies Food Lady. Maybe you need one? Its mostly to discourage the stinky people from setting up shop.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• I'm not the service desk.

I'm running a restaurant here.
                #1 sucktomer: I've done it. I've come to cafe to be rung up for a couple of items. I try to keep it down to 3 and I usually buy something directly from the cafe. You did neither. You had me ring up 20 items while someone who just wanted a drink waited behind you. The behavior, I must say, is typical of you people that work in the mall stores. You should be less entitled because you work retail, but you aren't, and I can't turn you away.

#2 sucktomer: Why don't you go put your stuff on hold at the actual service desk? Where am I going to hold it? I guess it'll have to sit out on one of the tables. Hope no one thinks it's a go-back. Not really my problem.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  #2 sucktomer: Why don't you go put your stuff on hold at the actual service desk? Where am I going to hold it? I guess it'll have to sit out on one of the tables. Hope no one thinks it's a go-back. Not really my problem.
                  Sometimes people come up to the cutting counter and say that they need to leave "for a few minutes" and can we make sure nobody puts away the stuff in this cart? And then they actually turn down my offer to put it on hold. Then I would push it off the sales floor. They don't want to wait five seconds while I find a hold slip? They don't even have to wait that long, they could just be like "my name's Jane thanks!" But noooo. I make no guarantee that cart will still be there, as our store seems to always be short on carts.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• It really is distressing that I have to give you the dictionary definition of 'quantity' in small words. Yes, you do have X+2 in the bag, that's why the belt is sending it back as you only input X. It's that smart (as am I).
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Yes, I work in a petrol station, but what makes you think that makes me thick as two short planks? That's you, in case you didn't know. You see, I worked out how to use a petrol pump when I was only a kidlet, tho I didn't use one til I was sixteen. You, on the other hand, are a total numbskull who, instead of sticking the damn nozzle into your car, instead decided to point it at your face. You then came inside and patronisingly told me to "turn the pump on". I will do that once you put the nozzle into your stupid car instead of pointing it at your stupid face.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        Yes, I work in a petrol station, but what makes you think that makes me thick as two short planks? That's you, in case you didn't know. You see, I worked out how to use a petrol pump when I was only a kidlet, tho I didn't use one til I was sixteen. You, on the other hand, are a total numbskull who, instead of sticking the damn nozzle into your car, instead decided to point it at your face. You then came inside and patronisingly told me to "turn the pump on". I will do that once you put the nozzle into your stupid car instead of pointing it at your stupid face.
                        "Sorry, we can only authorise the filling of suitably marked containers, and your mouth doesn't count." (Speaking of, saw someone being permitted to fill a coffee jar wrapped in a carrier bag the other day... May have accidentally notified their corporate office.)
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                          (Speaking of, saw someone being permitted to fill a coffee jar wrapped in a carrier bag the other day... May have accidentally notified their corporate office.)
                          I am genuinely terrified now...
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Dropping an F-bomb and demanding a manager over an issue with a CD that renders us unable to sell it until the issue is fixed? Seriously, calm your bitch tits.

The issue: the POS system isn't recognizing that the release date has passed for this particular CD, and is blocking us from ringing it out. We can't fix this at the store; it has to be fixed by the help desk, conveniently located in India.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• You're adults. You are capable of calling your own taxi cab. While you were blowing up my phone to tell me to do it for you, and then standing at my desk whining about why it wasn't here yet, a guest whose wife was here to visit <local hospital that specializes in breathing problems> was sitting up in her room turning blue because she couldn't get her O2 machine plugged in and needed help.

Screw you, you 50 year old babies. I'm not here to cater to your every whim, I'm here to make sure the hospital we have a fucking contract with can send patients here and be sure they'll be taken care of. They pay us far more than you do, and I care far more about their vulnerable patients than whiny little kids in adult bodies. You want your ass kissed? Go stay at the Waldorf Astoria and pay what they charge.
                              Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 01-25-2016, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• I am NOT touching your store card when you walked into the store with it in your mouth. I don't care how long it takes, you are going to swipe it yourself cuz I don't want to touch it after it's been in your mouth. You can sigh, tut and whine all you like, but this is not going to change. Would you like it if I ripped your receipt off with my teeth then handed it to you? No. You should not carry things in your mouth unless your name is Lassie.
                                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X