Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hey you, (not like I have a name or anything) can you get me one of those coupons that was in the flier?"

I tell this fine upstanding member of society I can't, because we don't have any. Company is moving away from print advertising toward e-mail. We still have circulars in the local newspaper and occasional mailers, but we no longer print up a lot of extras to keep at the service desk and give to customers. I also ask her if she had her circular with her.

*eyeroll* "Obviously not, if I did I wouldn't be asking you about it."

Then next time remember your circular, you dumb bitch. Or at least lose the attitude.

/mic drop
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      *eyeroll* "Obviously not, if I did I wouldn't be asking you about it."

Then next time remember your circular, you dumb bitch. Or at least lose the attitude.
      I've had to deal with people like that far too often. How many ways do we have to get them their precious coupons, yet they don't have them? They don't get the newspaper, forgot their flyer at home, don't have a smartphone or tablet, then get snotty with you because you can't pull coupons out of thin air Just For Them.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
        don't have a smartphone or tablet
        I don't understand this. It's 2016. They don't have to be expensive. You can get a phone for $25 and pay about $30 a month. It probably costs more to have a landline. Maybe there's some good reason. Someone enlighten me?
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
          I've had to deal with people like that far too often. How many ways do we have to get them their precious coupons, yet they don't have them? They don't get the newspaper, forgot their flyer at home, don't have a smartphone or tablet, then get snotty with you because you can't pull coupons out of thin air Just For Them.
          *eye twitch* Even if they have a regular phone that can receive texts they can get a coupons. But mostly they don't want to sign up for those, so they just whine about the fact that we have no coooouuppons. Yet if they do have their coupons they complain that they can't use them.

Sometimes when people are complaining about this sort of thing I daydream about dumb stuff. Like what if my brain was more like a computer? Then, instead of listening to the complaint, my brain could just keep a log of complaints in a file, which I could delete. Yes, I actively daydream this crap and that is just one. I have many.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            "Hey you, (not like I have a name or anything) can you get me one of those coupons that was in the flier?"
            I think that I would actually prefer "hey you" to people I don't know that see my name tag and talk to me like they know me. "Hey Bob, where your air filters at?"

Comment

• Starting your call by accusing us of ripping you off is going to get you nowhere fast. You just look like a bigger idiot when it's pointed out that your policy is cheaper this year than what it was last year.
              the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

• Me: "I am very sorry but it appears that the ring you want to buy has been put back in the wrong place, it is actually £40, not the £15 it was shown at in the window"
                SC: "Well you have to sell it to me at £15!"
                Me: "I'm sorry, I can only apologise. This is not my usual store so I can only assume that the (useless) business owner has put it there by mistake. I can't sell it to you at that price, it is more than my job is worth."
                SC: NO, I work in retail and I know the law. You HAVE to sell it to me at the price that was shown in the window!!"
                Me: "Actually, I can either sell it to you at that price (which I'm not doing) OR I can withdraw it from sale for the next 24 hours"
                SC: (getting pissed now) NO!! YOU HAVE TO SELL IT TO ME FOR £15!!!"
                Me: "I need to let you know that as of this time (reads time on watch) I am officially withdrawing this item from sale for the next 24 hours."
                SC: *stands and stares in disbelief with mouth fully open*
                Me: "Sorry" *Smug but friendly smile*
                SC: "I know the manager, I'll be back to talk to him about this!" *stomps off and slams door*
                Me: "Bye" *waves*

Sorry lady, I'm not taking a massive bollocking just so you can save yourself a bit of money. and if you're going to try and tell me about the laws of retail, at least get to know them first!

Comment

• You know, when you walked up to my counter my dining and kitchen lights were out, my sign was up, and I wasn't even there. So why were you still standing there when I came back from the bathroom? And why did I have to actually tell you from a dark kitchen I was closed?

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    You know, when you walked up to my counter my dining and kitchen lights were out, my sign was up, and I wasn't even there. So why were you still standing there when I came back from the bathroom? And why did I have to actually tell you from a dark kitchen I was closed?
                    You need a sign that's several feet across that reads as follows:

I ASSURE YOU WE'RE
                    CLOSED!!!
                    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                    --StanFlouride

Comment

• Stop asking for the prices of things that are clearly tagged.

Stop dropping everything off at my counter and then run
                      off to shop some more

Stop spending a minute digging for change because you
                      have a pet peeve about getting change.

Stop complaining about the prices.

Stop telling me where it is cheaper. Shut up and go there.

Stop asking me to substitute the sale price on one item
                      for the higher price of the item you have.

Stop trying to buy $5 worth of stuff with a $100 bill

Stop saying stupid stuff, like if it doesn't scan it is free.

If I'm off the floor and obviously on my break don't ask
                      me any questions, because I am off the clock.

Those are all common...I have another one of my own
                      from working 2 jobs at places in the same area.

Don't complain to me about stuff that is beyond my
                      control at my other job while I am checking you out
                      at this place.

Comment

• Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                        You need a sign that's several feet across that reads as follows:

I'm not even supposed to be here today!
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• If you don't like or simply can't comprehend the answer I'm giving you about an item, the correct response is NOT "Can you read?" while shoving the item in my face. (third time that happened tonight, WTF is it with people?!)

If you read the labels right off (which is exactly what I'm doing as I know zero about this product, and I know you read the labels as you're asking me using the terminology that's on the labels) we wouldn't be having this exchange. Don't get huffy and really don't try to grab my shoulder to make some point. We're done here.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Don't glare at me. I assumed you put the cards in the envelopes with the flaps covering the bar codes because nearly everyone does. I couldn't see that you had the envelopes inside the cards because you put them on the counter face-up. I'm not stupid. Also, it won't kill you to take 2 seconds to match up the envelopes with the cards when you get home. If having to do that makes you angry, I can only assume you're lazy.

Comment

• It's not rocket science to see that if you put something flat and thin on a moving belt with a small gap at the end, it will get sucked in. Don't yell at me when your money/coupons/card get sucked down, I didn't see them between the cookie boxes in time to stop it. Whether or not I can retrieve them depends on you as well as what it was. Coins will fall into a tray I can remove on my side, cards either get stuck on the roller (I may or may not be able to tease it out) or fall into the dusty hell under the belt housing (getting it out means closing the whole register--which can't be done mid-transaction--and taking bits off). Blame me and all bets are off unless what got eaten was your only form of payment...if I could add a tax for each second you stare and huff I would.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Wait, who puts money or cards on a conveyor belt? Way too easy for someone to just grab them as they go by.
                                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                                X