Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the two women from today - we do appreciate your being willing and able to donate books to the library, but for future reference......either put them in the large "Donations" bin in the parking lot, or take them to the customer service desk.

Our bookdrop return slot is NOT where donations go - staff have no way to determine whether or not you accidentally returned a personal item, or intended it as a donation, and we don't have a large area to keep the "accidentally returned things". (I believe we have to hang onto them for a month or so)

Comment

• I spent ten solid minutes explaining to someone that we don't have pre-made blankets. Seasonally we get some, like around Christmas, but as far as I know we have NEVER permanently carried pre-made blankets. Why? Because we are a fabric and craft store, not Bed Bath and Beyond! She was so insistent, I showed her the closest things we have, baby panels and pre-quilted fabric. I would have shown her the tie blanket kits but she told me she didn't want fleece. She kept yanking the bolts out and unrolling yards of fabric and asking "so I'd have to finish the ends?" YES.

Why, why do people come to our store looking for ready made things? Especially things like sheets, which as far as I know, when have never carried, period. I guess if you were already at the store to buy something else, logically it makes sense to take a look around, but it doesn't make sense to make a deliberate trip to a fabric store to look for items you normally find at a department or big box store!
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Premade blankets? I've been going to fabric stores for decades, and except for the fleece kits Notalwaysright up there mentions I've never seen a blanket in a fabric store. I've seen fabric that just required some hemming to make a nice blanket (had one on my bed that was snagged by cat claws that is now in my car's emergency kit) but never ones that are ready to be put on a bed.
        Last edited by Sparklyturtle; 06-15-2016, 09:56 PM. Reason: Left out some important words

Comment

• Dear social engineering douchebags:

You had you chance and you blew it. That account is notarized to hell and the customer is calling the police. You will never get what you are looking for. So stop calling, it's getting old, k?

Comment

• The largest patriotic beach ball we have is approximately 11"diameter. No, an 11" beach ball is not large enough for a child to sit on. No, we do not carry any patriotic beach balls large enough for a child to sit on. (And even if we did have beach ball that size, beach balls are not designed to be sturdy enough to sit on)

Comment

• Dear sir,

There is a reason the "panel-ready" fridge you chose is $4000 instead of $8000 like most models. If you had read a SINGLE review of the fridge, they ALL had the same complaint: that that fridge is a counter-depth model, not a "zero radius" model that looks like another cabinet when done correctly. Also, our design program has that model in it for rendering, so you had many, many renderings of that fridge with the sides of the doors showing. Not to mention the true depth clearly visible on the floor plan that you signed approval on.

Convenient how the amount of money you're demanding for compensation is exactly the cost difference between the stainless steel model and panel-ready model.

No, I will not go behind the manager's back and do a $1500 markdown after he said no.
              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

• Walmart has premade blankets

LadyAndreca, I had to google panel ready fridges and I still don't understand what they are. Is it a fridge that is supposed to look like a cabinet? My interior design skills are not what they could be, but if I'm paying that much money for an appliance, I'd certainly do my homework AND see/measure the one I'm buying.

Dear customers

Thank you so much for arriving with all the paperwork needed. Not only did you make my life much easier, you got out of my cube faster and allowed me to help more people than I usually do. I'm so afraid that this was just a one time thing and that I'll be spending hours on each case tomorrow to make up for it.

Comment

• Dear Lady with the Disability, Yes, we believe it is probably illegal for a potential landlord to tell you that he won't rent to you because you have a dog even though the dog is a service animal. But there is nothing we can do about it. We are not authorized to do anything about it. Our responsibility ends at making sure the ad in the paper is worded in accordance with the law. We cannot control what comes out of the advertiser's mouth. If you have reported him to the appropriate housing agencies, you have done what you're supposed to do. That's exactly what we would advise you to do anyway because the newspaper has no legal power nor obligation to do anything about what a private citizen supposedly said to you.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    LadyAndreca, I had to google panel ready fridges and I still don't understand what they are. Is it a fridge that is supposed to look like a cabinet? My interior design skills are not what they could be, but if I'm paying that much money for an appliance, I'd certainly do my homework AND see/measure the one I'm buying.
                    Basically, yes. There's a groove/clip for a panel that matches the cabinet boxes, to which a decorative cabinet door is attached, and then a handle of your choosing is placed on that. A "true" panel ready fridge has a special slim compressor and hinges that open in such a way that the doors do not swing wider than the fridge box while opening it. Done right, it aligns with the cabinets around it so it looks like a cabinet itself. Panel-ready dishwashers, microwaves, and even ovens exist.

A "counter depth" fridge has a fridge box the same depth as a cabinet box, but the door and handle add another 6". The fridge in question is advertised as a panel-ready counter-depth fridge, with the specs and reviews easily available online.

Could I take some of the blame as the designer? Possibly. I knew he really wanted a "true" panel-ready fridge. But his budget didn't have room for a $4000 upgrade like that, I'd pointed out it was a counter-depth fridge early on, the design program had the actual fridge in its catalog so the floor plan was accurate, and he had plenty of color renderings showing that the door stuck out. And, again, he signed off on it. (It's hardly a legally binding document, but still. He approved it.) I thought he'd found a great compromise between looks and budget. I still do. That kitchen looks amazing.
                    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Your price of the room is for the room and tax only. No matter what our sales and marketing team say. It doesn't include extra pillows and blankets, extra water, etc. It doesn't include a free slave to do all your copying, and faxing and phone calling. JUST ROOM AND TAX. ONLY.
                      In that vein, big families, just don't try to cram all 6 of your children in one room with you. Buy another. Yes it's more expensive obviously. But having a big family is expensive!! Plus it violates the fire code. I've had many of these saying they are only bringing 2 children, and then cram 4 more, asking for cots, pillows and blankets. Grr.
                      Also, Don't Cut In Line. You're in a hurry. Everyone's in a hurry. If you do this, SCREW YOU. It's fuckin rude to the person at the front, and rude to me. IDC if you have 2 minutes to catch your flight. WAIT YOUR TURN!!!!
                      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

• Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                        There is a reason the "panel-ready" fridge you chose is $4000 instead of $8000 like most models.
                        WTF? Who spends that much on a fridge? Admittedly it was over 20 years ago, but my fridge was an $800 model that I got for $600 because of a minor dent on the handle.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Stay off the engine! Are you trying to get kicked off the train?!
                          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                            WTF? Who spends that much on a fridge? Admittedly it was over 20 years ago, but my fridge was an $800 model that I got for $600 because of a minor dent on the handle.
                            Pfft. If I could build my dream house, I'd have a Sub-Zero fridge, and I'd get one like LadyAndreca was describing, to look like part of the cabinets. Those things are so awesome, and super expensive. I mean, that's more than I spent on my car, so I'm not saying I can afford it. But I can totally understand buying one, if a person had the money. We all just have different interests. When I see cars that are $200k, I'm like "WHY." But it's not my money.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Thanks for the very clear explanation, LadyAndreca. I've got a good mental picture now. I doubt that I'd ever consider such a thing to be important in my home, but then I spend my money on stuff that would have many people scratching their heads over.

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                                Thanks for the very clear explanation, LadyAndreca. I've got a good mental picture now. I doubt that I'd ever consider such a thing to be important in my home, but then I spend my money on stuff that would have many people scratching their heads over.
                                No problem. I forgot that the thing I wanted to vent about was actually fairly technical.

Comment

Working...
                                X