Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your very pregnant/smaller than you wife should not be lifting and bagging watermelons. I will do it. Do not give me a gangsta death glare; I saw you put them in the shopping cart and put them on the scanner, you're perfectly capable of...oh, you don't want to do it YET you don't want me touching them because I'm a woman? Unless you want to wait and piss off the shift lead, I'm the help you get. And you don't want to piss her off tonight. Deal with it.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Hand me the money. Putting it on the counter is rude.
      Mostly, yes, but there are cultures where touching a stranger's hand (as you might do to hand money to a cashier) is considered inappropriate. Most Muslims (if you're serving someone of the opposite gender) as well as some Asian cultures see putting the money on the counter as more polite.

It's the same reason I indicate directions using my entire hand instead of pointing (for example, the pool is over there) at the hotel, as some cultures see pointing (index finger extended, other fingers folded) as rude. Also, don't give a thumb's up to someone from southeast Asia or the Middle East. It means "up yours".

EDIT: No religious fratching please.
      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 07-07-2016, 03:43 AM.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        It's the same reason I indicate directions using my entire hand instead of pointing (for example, the pool is over there) at the hotel, as some cultures see pointing (index finger extended, other fingers folded) as rude.
        Disney employees (sorry, "cast members" ) are trained to point with 2 fingers (or the entire hand) for this reason.

Personally, I point with my entire hand, because when I'm in the driver's seat and my passenger is 10 feet behind me, my 4-inch-wide hand is lots easier to see than my 3/4"-wide finger.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• I stay here all the time! What kind of discount can you give me?
          *searching for name even as far back as 2014* I don't see you in the system.
          (Because you're a lying sack of shit)
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Hand me the money. Putting it on the counter is rude.
            I have the opposite problem. Thing is, there's a sheet of bullet-proof glass between me & them, and only a small chute underneath; why oh why do they all think that their hands should be able to reach through it? There's not enough joints in the human arm to make that possible!
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Stop bitching to me about my coworker at the desk. I know exactly what you did, and you screwed up. Don't make me point that out to you, your manager and your site supervisor, because I will drag out your emails, and you will look like an idiot.
              Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

• Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                I have the opposite problem. Thing is, there's a sheet of bullet-proof glass between me & them, and only a small chute underneath; why oh why do they all think that their hands should be able to reach through it? There's not enough joints in the human arm to make that possible!
                Inconsiders how to build a bionic arm that can...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• "Go-go, gadget arm...!"

Comment

• Don't call me at 10 minutes after checkout and tell me that you just drove 10 hours, you have a newborn baby, "they" told you that you could check in at 8am, blah blah blah. YOU were told when checkin is (it was on your confirmation). YOU decided when to leave wherever you were coming from. YOU, btw, are here with a MJ tour (with your newborn baby...wtf) so I have NO sympathy. You can check in at 3pm. Go away.
                    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 07-13-2016, 02:55 PM.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• We can now only sell smokey treats at the service desk, during service desk hours*. I told you this the last 2 times you came in at 10:45...while the sign doesn't say 'during desk hours', it's implied. Use your two working brain cells to make the connection. You can talk to my sup, she'll tell you the same thing I just did. Doesn't matter if there's a cashier open and "your system can do it, I've done it before". This is what's happening going forward; you don't like it, go to the quick mart three blocks down.

*It took an actual violation for manglement to realize what I had been telling them for over a year.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        "your system can do it, I've done it before".
                        The fact that I can do it doesn't necessarily mean I should.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Go ahead lady, file a complaint. You were the one stupid enough to leave your purse and phone in your unattended stroller. You are lucky that nobody stole them. Especially considering you left them out in the open at a theme park in a popular tourist destination during peak season with thousands of other guests roaming around. All of our maps and stroller parking signs even say to take your valuables with you because we are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property. Oh, wait, but that would require you to actually pay attention to your surroundings.

Maybe if you'd parked your stroller in the correct place to begin with this wouldn't be a problem. But no, you arrived late to the show and parked it right outside the entrance. You completely ignored the dozens of other strollers parked across the way and thought that you were entitled to put yours in a more convenient spot. It doesn't work that way (we need to keep entrances/exits clear of strollers so that when the guests depart there are no obstructions) so I moved it a mere seven feet away on the other side of the path. You see the curb that is lined with signs that say "STROLLER PARKING" in big, bold letters? Yeah. There you go.

"YOU are going to help me look for it! That would be LOVELY! I parked it RIGHT here and now I can't FIND it. I've been going up and down this path looking for it and it's NOT. HERE. This is YOUR fault. If YOU don't find it I am going to FILE a COMPLAINT"

That's funny because see my employee over there waving me down? Looks like he found it after only 20 seconds of searching. I understand the frustration of not being able to bring strollers in the venues, and I understand having a moment of panic when you come out and can't find your belongings. Let's drop the nasty, snarky tone, though. I'm happy to help so it really isn't necessary to talk to me like I'm your own personal whipping boy. I really don't understand how you suburban soccer moms seem to think that the world revolves around you and everybody exists only to serve you.

Oh, and let's not pretend like you're not going to complain anyway to try and get me in trouble for doing my job. You're probably already thinking of how to phrase your one-star Yelp review. You look like the kind of person who spends a lot of time on Yelp handing out low ratings for even the most mild of inconveniences.

Comment

• Theme park needs to issue employees boots/cable locks/other means of immobilizing strollers. When a stroller is left in a "no stroller parking" area and an employee moves it to a stroller parking area, they put on the immobilizing device.

Customer finds that their stroller is immobilized, they need to get an employee to removed the device. Policy is that the employee must scan the pestguest's pass before removing the device (central computer keeps track of offenses). Have a "3 strikes" policy:

- You left your stroller in an area where, for safety reasons, it's prohibited to leave strollers unattended. Park policy is that after 3 offenses, your park pass is revoked.

- You've been warned before about leaving your stroller in areas which must be kept clear for safety reasons. If you do it again, your park pass will be revoked.

- This is the third time you left your stroller in an area which must be kept clear for safety reasons. Your park pass has been revoked. Please leave the premises by the most direct route.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I have a special hatred of strollers. It's not helped when people bring their giant behemoths into the store and then stack their fabric/misc items on top of it, and struggle and flail around like idiots. No, I don't have kids, so I probably don't understand. But countless other parents (often with multiple more babies/toddlers) manage to accomplish the terribly hard task of SHOPPING. They also manage to not run over strangers toes, bump into them, completely obstruct main aisles, and generally act like selfish children themselves. The "people need to be understanding" ploy is misused and misunderstood to excuse nearly any behavior by parents.

(not all of you, just the SC variety, who are already inclined to be horrible!)
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• ^ I completely agree with you about inconsiderate stroller-pushers.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X