This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
    Oh, goody, the Powerball is up high again. That means I've gotten an influx of people trying the old, dried out joke abut me giving them a winning ticket. Look, people, I've heard that line a million times. It's not getting any funnier. Just pay for your (probably losing) tickets, and gtfo.
    The few times I've had this (I usually work nights & therefore don't sell lottery tickets), my standard response is "Sorry, I'm keeping the winning numbers for myself!".
    Of course, these are regulars, so it just gets a pout and laughter.

Comment

• Mr. Hero you and I are in the same city, and I hear that announcement every day multiple times. Parents still ignore it and park their ginormous strollers in the wheelchair securement areas. Now if there's not a person who needs this wheelchair area on the bus I don't mind so much, especially if using the area is keeping the baby from waking up and screaming.

It's still annoying when they block the aisle though. Many of those strollers are so huge they don't even fit in the wheelchair areas. As I said before, a stroller carrying a genuinely disabled child counts as a wheelchair itself. I don't tell anyone because a lot of disabilities are invisible. I just like to be able to get on the bus without tripping over a child conveyance.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• To whichever asshole decided putting huge chunks of dirt/mud in our trash can was a good idea: Fuck you. Fuck you to hell and back! Thanks to you, I had to get a second trash bag to empty some of the full one's contents into, and then the full one exploded all over the ground by the dumpster! WTF would make a person think that putting something like that in an ordinary trash bin is okay??
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• No, I can't cut your fabric in two pieces and count it as one so you can use the coupon for one item. No, I won't make a snip at the yard mark so you can "just get home and just tear it." I don't care that Store to the South did it. I'm marking it with a piece of tape, which is still stupid. It's two freaking yards of fabric, it's not exactly rocket science to fold it in half and cut. How are you sewing a quilt if you can't take two yards of fabric and cut it in half?
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Please feel free to march right into the breakfast area at 11:45am where our host is trying to clean up and inhale your smoked salmon and avacado in there, standing at a (dirty) counter instead of sitting at a table in the lobby. I mean, who cares if it's OBVIOUSLY closed?

EDIT: This was one of THREE guests who invaded the kitchen in the space of an hour. I'm keeping count of how many do it today.
            Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 07-16-2016, 06:33 PM.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• All of you: ignore the 3 other open lanes to pile up at me. I I want to do all the work today... And where is the manager that's supposed to be directing traffic? At the service desk, mired in some drama, of course....
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Dear idiot customer,

The hoses are NOT too short, it's just that if you park miles from the pump, it's not going to reach. When I have seen a white van man and a woman with a four by four successfully manage to stretch the hose over their vehicles and fill them with fuel, then I am not going to take a blind bit of notice of your insane babbling. Oh, and I'm not telling my manager, cuz a) if you have a problem you can damn well tell him yourself, tho he's not going to do anything cuz b) your complaint is stupid. Have a nice life.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Totiono View Post
                  I never used to have any opinions on sunflower seeds before I worked at a theme park. Now after two years of having to clean up massive piles of shells people leave on the ground I just assume that anybody with a bag of them is a jackass.
                  At least it is outdoors. I really enjoy sweeping up at big box store, and finding "used" sunflower seeds in the aisles. It's almost as pleasant as finding half cups of coffee left on the shelves.

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Showing me a photo of your fabric on your phone does not tell me diddly-squat about it. We have tens of thousands of fabrics in our store, many of which look alike or very similar. Give us the SKU or UPC code, then we can find what you want.
                    That's like the shithead that takes a picture of his living room wall, and wants to get paint in that EXACT color. There are 13,000 color swatches on the wall; I'm not going to try to guess which color matches your wall (dumbass).

Comment

• Isn't that why paint stores have color swatches? So you can take them home and hold them up to the wall in question with your own lighting instead of the bright store lighting.

Oh, oops, sorry. Forgot what site I was on.

Comment

• Dear person shopping while talking on the phone... You suck. You wandered around getting in everyone's way, shambling like a zombie. Even though you clearly didn't care about shopping you still pulled fabric out and unrolled it only to shove it back anywhere you felt like. You should be have to pay some kind of cover charge since you are costing us money. You bought nothing.

Dear person with annoying children. Congrats! You are the most stereotypical "bad parent" I've seen in a long time. Kids running wild, pulling product from shelves? Check. Yelling at your kids with no effect? Check. Starting to count "one, two..." and then giving up to continue yelling? Check. Every person in the store audibly sighing with relief when you and your brood finally leaves? Double, triple check.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Hey, bigot guy, thanks for making my day oh so very special.

When I was at the very top of the rolling ladder pulling stock off of the top shelf, it didn't bother me at all that you demanded help. Even after I looked to the service desk and noticed that my coworker was not involved with a customer, and I stated that "my associate there can help you," it didn't affect me at all when you stated with obvious venom that "I don't want any help from that guy." "Why not?" "If you don't want to help me, I'll just go to your manager."

I can't stand bigots, but I'll be very fucking happy to help you and your wife/mom (hard to tell what was going on there) choose a microwave. I'm sorry that when I pointed out the best option that your wife/mom was so concerned that "the price is so high." I shouldn't have said "I don't set the prices, ma'am." I felt sooo bad when you told your mom/wife that "He doesn't want to help us. BOB, I'm gonna let your manager know just how helpful you've been."

I guess that'll work out really well, bigot, when you tell my African-American manager about how I gave you less than stellar customer service.

What? You never went to see the manager? Fuck you. Don't come at my team. Yes, every person in the blue shirt is part of a team, and you can't just come in and disrespect any of my teammates. You're an asshole, and you can take your wife/mom back to redneck land and be a non-microwave havin' shithead. Fuck you, bigot.
                          Last edited by The Braindead Live; 07-18-2016, 11:16 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

• We're sold out. Telling me your life story isn't going to help, so quit doing it!
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• Gahh the life story tellers. I get them on the phone all the time, they have to go on and on about why they're coming into town, who they're going to see, what they're going to be doing, when I don't need to know any of it. Tell me when you'll be staying, and if you qualify for a special rate, and let and let me check to see if we have availability at the rate you want. Then get off the freaking phone so I can help the line of people that are standing here while you ramble.

Comment

• If you found something at our store in the next town over, go back there then! We're smaller and Corp regularly tells us to discontinue stuff that isn't selling. No, we can't "order it in from the store I was at yesterday" (do you realize how stupid that sounds?).
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X