This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear cheapass,
    If you're going to steal something, just go ahead and steal the whole damn thing. Don't open a pack of needles to take one and leave the package behind for us to discount/damage out.

Dear messy,
    Stop unwrapping all the elastic. Just stop it. I'm sick of digging out coils, snakes, snaggles and knots of loose elastic every day that I then have to identify and make new wrappers for.

Comment

• Have you ever noticed that the phrase "I was always under the impression that..." actually translates to, "My opinion is 100% correct regardless of any evidence to the contrary and I don't appreciate you pointing out facts that discredit it!!!"
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth chimera View Post
        I'm sick of digging out coils, snakes, snaggles and knots of loose elastic every day that I then have to identify and make new wrappers for.
        I don't even work in a fabric store and I have to do this. Well, it's more pieces of fabric than elastic (curtain packages and blankets that have been ripped out of the wrapper).
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Dear Customer, Some facts for your edification:

(1) No, we don't employ proofreaders. Proofing your death notice is YOUR job. That's why we send you multiple proofs, one for each and every time you change the position of a comma, remove a hyphen, and add the word "a" before a word.
          (2) No, death notices are not published free of charge as a "community service." We are a business. Since the advent of social media, there are now several different ways for your friends, families and complete strangers to learn about Great-Aunt Dora's death. Frankly, a printed death notice is now something of a luxury, and therefore you will definitely be charged a fee.
          (3) The fact that Great-Uncle Bebop is the second cousin twice removed of a guy who played for minor league baseball for 6 weeks during the Great Depression does not make him important enough to have an obit. Go ahead, check the obit section and see how many second cousins of a washed-up and/or long-dead celebrity get a write-up. I'll wait. There, that didn't take long, did it?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MoonCat;1322239(1) No, we don't employ proofreaders. Proofing your death notice is YOUR job. That's why we send you multiple proofs, one for each and every time you change the position of a comma, remove a hyphen, and add the word "a" before a word.[/QUOTE]

In other words, if the death notice refers to the dearly departed as "the diseased" rather than "the deceased", it's their own damn fault.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• If you need batteries, just go ahead and steal the whole damn package! You're gonna need a replacement at some point anyway, don't just take one. Batteries are not something that can just be thrown in the trash when they're damaged out .... they are considered "hazardous materials". So please, just take the whole package !!!! SMH

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                In other words, if the death notice refers to the dearly departed as "the diseased" rather than "the deceased", it's their own damn fault.
                Autocorrect is my worst enema.
                It changes all kinds of shirt.

Comment

• Snicker..... I like those..

Comment

• Pilot/Flying J have, as one of their monthly specials, a "no tools" A/C refrigerant top-up. Whoever did the flyer used spellcheck instead of proofreading it. The description of the product says that it seals leaks in HOUSES - should be "hoses".
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• If I wanted to help customers, I would be in uniform. Yes, it's 7:02 AM but I've been here overnight, I'm fried, and I'm not opening a register for you. Talk to the chirpy lady in the purple store shirt with a coffee, not the grumpy wolf in a Ghostbusters shirt. Technically I don't even have to acknowledge you.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        If I wanted to help customers, I would be in uniform. Yes, it's 7:02 AM
                        Looks like your store is where our early birds go before they come to us. I am not up before 9:00 am unless I absolutely have to.

Comment

• Don't walk up to my desk to demand I refill the coffee cups in the lobby RIGHT NAO. Can't you see this line of people waiting to check in. If you need a cup that freaking badly there are 4 of them in your room. Use one of them or wait your turn.
                          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            Looks like your store is where our early birds go before they come to us.
                            It's not uncommon for me to pass the doors on my way to empty my last basket of tag trash (6:58 or so) and see a cluster of people reefing on the doors. Some of them will even try to follow employees in before open and there's one guy who does nothing but use the bottle machine at 7AM...I can guess what he was up to all night (on a few occasions he demanded I "fix it" after I had punched out; both I and the opening manager blasted him).

I just ignore the doors entirely as if I open them, the first ones through will assume I'll ring them up. I've been given the opening manager's blessing to either ignore them or snark off; for that time frame I am night crew who isn't supposed to help customers (no reason to).
                            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-24-2016, 12:54 AM.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I have no idea what's going on in Denver. I fail to see how having that information will help you find a room.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• Look, I know the managers shouldn't leave the schedule grid on the counter. But you don't work here. You don't need information about our breaks, schedules, or sales figures. When I happen to run across something I realize is none of my business I step away from it.

Comment

Working...
                                X