This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
    If my taking 5 seconds to open a roll of quarters before handing you change offends you, you have issues. And yes, I needed to rap it on the counter to get the thing to open. That's nothing to do with you. Being oversensitive will not serve you well.
    Has that person seriously never had that happen before? Cashiers have to crack open change rolls in front of me probably about once a week.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
      Has that person seriously never had that happen before? Cashiers have to crack open change rolls in front of me probably about once a week.
      I guess she was mad because the quarters weren't for her? We're not allowed to have unopened rolls. I could've opened the drawer to do that any time, but she didn't know that.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• We're sorry, you cannot exchange an opened xbox because it comes with a free game, even though it isn't the one you want.

No, you cannot exchange that xbox if you open it.

You still can't exchange the xbox if you open it.

Will you just fuck off already? You have asked the same question to the electronics guy and to the service desk twice; the answer is still no. Be gone.

Oh, I'm going to miss this so much.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

Oh, I'm going to miss this so much.
          Did you get a new job? If so, I'm happy for you!

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Did you get a new job? If so, I'm happy for you!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=115768

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• No, we don't have a standard senior discount. We don't even have a regular senior day each month like some other stores do. It happens once in a while, not super often. Please don't get perturbed when I tell you this. I told you and then immediately said "but there is a 20% off total purchase coupon that anyone can use!" Oh, I see. You wanted me to just apply this discount without any coupon, because you don't have/don't feel like getting a coupon yourself. Tough luck, I'm not allowed to do this sort of discount sans coupon.

Oh, lady comes in and wants help finding a fabric that she needs more of. She says "I wish your patterns would account for the fact that the fabric is 42" wide and not 45" now I need more!" I said that I've never had any problems with this before, and I have repeatedly made flannel robes with the same sort of fabric she's using. She replies that this happens to her "all the time!" Any other sewers have this problem, where the pattern assumes you have exactly 45" widths? I I have never had this be a problem (usually have a few inches to spare), but admittedly I haven't been sewing as much lately. If this is true I will need to remember to warn people especially when buying the flannel, which is pretty narrow. I already warn them that it shrinks terribly, I wonder if this is the problem the lady had?
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                Any other sewers have this problem, where the pattern assumes you have exactly 45" widths? I I have never had this be a problem (usually have a few inches to spare), but admittedly I haven't been sewing as much lately. If this is true I will need to remember to warn people especially when buying the flannel, which is pretty narrow. I already warn them that it shrinks terribly, I wonder if this is the problem the lady had?
                Haven't sewn with flannel, but I almost always use 100% cotton fabric, which does shrink a bit. She might not be laying her pattern out according to directions; they rarely go all the way from the fold to the selvages. But it would still be a good idea to buy a little extra, anyway.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• The vending machine took my money.
                  Which one?
                  The one here on the first floor.
                  Which one? There are two vending machines.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• Flannel shrinks something like 8%?? It's a very loose weave. I'd bet she was careless and didn't pay attention. I never buy less than a quarter yard extra in that stuff.

Comment

• First, no, you did NOT ask me if it was past deadline to "get an ad in today." You asked me about TOMORROW and I told you you had until closing today for that.

Second, no, we did NOT ever take ads for the same day! I don't give a shit if you're 65, I've been here 38 YEARS and the FIRST thing we learned when I started all those years ago was that we don't take anything for the same day (except death notices and that is no longer true).

Last, no, the other paper that closed years ago didn't take ads for the same day either! How do I know? THAT WAS A MORNING PAPER, IDJIT! It hit the streets before dawn! Like ours does now!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• To a man and woman who were shopping at the grocery store - I'm not sure which one of you it was, but thanks for bathing in so much perfume/cologne that the smell lingered after you left that part of the aisle.

Comment

• OK, you see me trying to push a line of carts to a spot. Why do you feel the need to ask for one of them instead of walking 4 feet and getting one from a place I'm not working in? I'm sure the look on my face let you know I was annoyed and that's why I'm glad my full-time job is on the phone.

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                            Normal people aren't bothered by minor things like a cashier cracking open a roll of quarters. SCs just look for reasons to get pissy. Any reason, no matter how insignificant, is a good excuse to go into a tearing rage.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Please teach your kids to watch where they're going in the library, especially if they're around staff members who are pushing loaded book carts. They can be hard to move at times, and I can't just move out of the way if some kid randomly decides to dart/run in front of me.

Comment

• Yes, bitch, you're right. My location of C-Store doesn't carry a whole lot. Here's a novel idea for you: Go to the one across town. They carry fucking everything!
                                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                                X