This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    The only chain I know off that has a 1/3 pound burger is Fuddruckers. The ones near me have closed, but there are about a half dozen in the outer regions of this area. But I would never say they competed with McDs. They were far better. Especially their beer battered onion rings.
    Nah, this wasn't Fuddruckers. I remember hearing about it on an episode of QI.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Fuck you for bringing in a $100 bill at ten minutes to closing. I hope you enjoy all those fives you ended up with, asshole. Oh, don't give me that look. You knew damn well when we closed. You even said it yourself, in trying to make half-assed pleasantries. Take your small bills and your Black Velvet, and fuck off.
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• I can see bagging chicken. No matter how well sealed the shrink wrap appears to be, the packages can leak. In fact, most of the markets here have rolls of bags at the poultry section. If I don't put the chicken in a bag myself, the bagger at checkout usually asks me if I want it.

Comment

• Stop moving the fabric. See how I moved the fabric over, so I have room to cut? LEAVE IT ALONE. I'm serious, I had so many people shuffling the fabric around, getting in my way. As soon as I move it, they would fussily move it slightly for no reason at all.

Also, I always put meat in a plastic bag. Is this bad? I hope not, because I'm going to keep doing it. Even if the package I got isn't leaking, another one could have leaked on it.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Was it really necessary to send us 4 emails within 10 minutes of each other complete with !!!! all over the place? I told you I would fix your billing and I did. I wouldn't bother to send you an email lie about that. Frankly, I don't have time for that. If I wanted to be yelled at I'd go back to retail full time. BTW, YOU'RE WELCOME for fixing your name and email in the system. I really should've changed your name to @#&*%.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              Stop moving the fabric. See how I moved the fabric over, so I have room to cut? LEAVE IT ALONE. I'm serious, I had so many people shuffling the fabric around, getting in my way. As soon as I move it, they would fussily move it slightly for no reason at all.
              They do this to me all the time. Well, it isn't fabric per se, but they fiddle with stuff or hover over it after they've put it on the counter. I know how to bag! I must look stupid.

Comment

• If you want to ask me a question when I'm doing something else, ASK THE QUESTION. Don't hem and haw making random noises and only make it clear that you want my attention after I've left or started helping someone else (protip: shouting after me after I've left only makes you look stupider), and really don't try to grab me. It also helps to know how to ask for help. In the era of bluetooth headsets, randomly saying "Hello"/"Hi" and not acting like you want my attention is unlikely to get a response.
                Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                Also, I always put meat in a plastic bag. Is this bad? I hope not, because I'm going to keep doing it. Even if the package I got isn't leaking, another one could have leaked on it.
                I don't think so, no. I actually prefer customers put meat in plastic...the only problem might be if the bag is tied shut and the scanner (or I) can't read the barcode through the plastic.
                Last edited by Dreamstalker; 10-26-2016, 03:10 PM.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I know it kind'a looks like a Thick Cut Prime Bone-In Ribeye, but it's just a pound of hamburger meat. Can't you just punch it in manually?

Comment

• No, the network problem that is taking forever to look up your customer rewards information will not be solved by going to another till and loading all your items there. No, my software does not have the ability to look up how many Points you've accumulated. Yes, you need to bring in the coupon. I don't have a way to look it up for you.

If you don't have a receipt and you aren't a Rewards member there is no way I can look up how long ago you bought the broken part you brought in to see if the warranty is still good.

No, I cannot just sell you one brake pad out of the set. You have to buy all four in the box.

No, I'm not going to waive the core charge and trust you to bring back the core tomorrow. I'd charge my own mother for the core.

Yes, you need to remove the caliper from the wheel so that you can rebuild the caliper. No, I won't "help" you rebuild your caliper if you bring it in; even if I knew how. You should probably just buy a caliper that already been completely professionally rebuilt than trying to do this yourself.

Comment

• It only irritated me that a guy put meat in plastic because he put 3 in one bag and I had to pull them out anyway and I wasn't going to struggle to put them back in (carpal tunnel). Also I was annoyed that he put bagged grapes in bags. It was such a waste of plastic.

Comment

• That annoys me too. As well as the SCs who take grapes out of the bags they come in and put them in a generic plastic bag. We have about 5 different PLUs for grapes; some are on sale, some not. Telling me the price per pound isn't helpful either. I shopped in stores way back when that did key in produce by price, but we don't and probably haven't since 1972.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• We're odd; we key in some codes and other items come with bar codes, such as grapes. What's funny is shrink-wrapped broccoli with a bar code: every time I scan it, it asks how many. That doesn't happen with other items like the grapes or pre-packaged bell peppers and such. Watermelons, neither. It's just the broccoli.

Comment

• Perhaps this is why...
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I know I get cranky about this, but it would be REALLY appreciated if some of you library customers would NOT put "extra" library materials on a cart which I'm trying to shelve.

Not only does this make additional work for me, but I also cannot read your mind.....I have no way of knowing if you don't want/need those items, or if you're going to check them out. (yes, I have gotten fussed at before for shelving items a customer wanted to check out, because she mistook my book cart for a "put library materials you're wanting to check out here" spot.

Comment

• Wow, when has any library ever had a cart for that?

Comment

Working...
                                X