X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Minflick View Post
    Did she get diesel?
    Nope, but if you look at my previous post, that's what I wish she did.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth Captain Neon View Post
      If she has any sort of repair as long as she owns that vehicle, she will ask the mechanic every time, "Do you think it could be from ethanol in the gas?"

All she needs is one mechanic or auto parts store employee to say, "It might be..."

She'll be filing a repair claim. It may be 5 years in the future and it's a flat tyre, but she'll claim it was because you gave her the wrong gas.

It's going to snow soon, and all of the idiots that couldn't be bothered to put Sta-Bil in their snowmobiles' gas tanks this spring will be in complaining about how the ethanol in the gas ruined their snowmobile when it won't start. These guys have the same complaints with the lawn mower in the spring.

When I get that question posed to me, I tell them that I have been using ethanol-blended fuel for over 20 years and have never had the problem they are describing in my carbureted antique automobile, seldom used OBDII fuel injected car, daily drivers, lawn mower, snow blower, or weed whip. Same holds true for my brother with his motorcycles, or my father with any of his cars, riding mower, UTV, and tractor. We've also been using Sta-Bil for close to 30 years in the small gas jug in the garage and any vehicle before putting away for the season. Yeah, it's the ethanol in the gas... Moron!
      A weed whip?Just how naughty are your weeds that they need to be punished?...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        A weed whip?Just how naughty are your weeds that they need to be punished?...
        OK OK, I'll use the weed-eater on them.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• To the customer in front of me while I was getting milk at a c-store: What in the world were you doing berating the clerk over the price of gas? You are buying gas in the middle of nowhere, of course its going to be more expensive here. Its called a convenience fee, idiot.

I had just gotten there so didn't really have time to say anything before he stormed out and squealed off back in the direction he had come because he had seen gas stations there.

Jokes on him, those gas stations are at a major interstate junction in the middle of nowhere. Historically, they always are the 2nd most expensive gas station in the state. For those who have to know, Crown King AZ. If you google the roads going up you will certainly understand why people are happy to pay a dollar more than the average price. They aren't happy to be paying that price, they are happy to be able to buy gas there at all.

Comment

• Ah Sakka has explained it nicely to me...I think

Quoth Sakka
            "You have obviously never encountered Canadian weeds Manitobans.
            Think Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors, but mobile. ... Granted, they are slow, but we still lose small kids and pets to them each summer.
            Fortunately you can semi control them with a whip. This only works on the small ones however, once they get to be a certain size, they have their own whips and they frigging hurt.

Each spring a lot of plant killer is used in an attempt to control these pesky weeds, but sadly the current crops appear to now be immune to it and it will only be a matter of time until they completely over run Canada"
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
              Jokes on him, those gas stations are at a major interstate junction in the middle of nowhere. Historically, they always are the 2nd most expensive gas station in the state.
              Due to poor planning, I had to pay motorway prices for some fuel last weekend; taking the exchange rate into account, it cost me a buck a gallon more than usual! Still, it saved me time and painful inconvenience, and I bought just enough to see me through to somewhere cheaper.
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• And that's why it offends me when jerks like the one I saw yell at a poor powerless store clerk over the high price of gas at those sort of stations. Piss poor planning on jerks fault doesn't constitute an emergency on the clerks part.

Comment

• Could have been worse. Might have been a trucker (most of the NY Thruway service plazas don't take the major fuel cards like TCH or Comdata), especially if he had gone to an agency (not corporate) Pilot/Flying J, and had an Esso card - functions as TCH, but some agency Pilot/Flying J locations don't take the Esso cards (corporate does).

The Esso card has to be set up inside (rather than the reader at the pump), so if you follow normal procedure you'll know it's not accepted before you pump fuel. However, Pilot/Flying J has a setup where your loyalty card (after you've made several fuel transactions) can be used to start the pump. I can imagine what would happen if someone's lazy, and uses their loyalty card to start the pump at an agency location that doesn't accept the Esso card.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Two winners. More sad than anything. One lady, very pleasant. I call her number and she says "do you know if you have this black mesh knit in any other colors?" I look in her cart; no black fabric. I ask where it is, and she's like "oh, I think it's over here..." And she brings me all the way over to the knit aisle. In essence, she saw the fabric, but decided to leave it on the shelf and describe it to me.

Second winner, this one was overheard. My CW calls a number, say 10. I hear "oh, I had number 5. I didn't understand how the numbers worked." Now, people say we skipped them all the time. They say they didn't hear us call their number. They say they didn't know they needed a number. But very rarely does a person say they don't understand how NUMBERS work. Of course, it's also likely that she wandered off, knew full well that she missed her number and just wanted back in line. But joke's on her, because she just sounded idiotic.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      In essence, she saw the fabric, but decided to leave it on the shelf and describe it to me.
                      Believe it or not, I got that too.

No, we can't "come show you" something, I told you practically the GPS coordinates of the shelf it's on (plug them into your phone, maybe you'll pay attention to that). Yes, we need to stay up front where we are. No, I'm not being "difficult". Go complain to the manager, he'll tell you that nobody here can leave the register areas.

So you say you have a free pie coupon that you loaded on your store card through the website, but it's not showing up. Why is it not showing up? The only bakery item you're buying is the pie, that coupon requires an additional $15 purchase. If you went through the steps to load the coupon I know you saw that. No, I can't just give it to you. That's not a 'pricing error' so you don't get it for free.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• For the love of all that is good, stop asking me if this or that is going to be cheaper on Black Friday! Yes, some things go on sale each year, and YES I do have a list of all the doorbusters but I will not tell you about said list. Oh, lovely, go ask my CWs the exact same question.

Ahahaha, my CW told them the wrong thing and I didn't go correct them. She said that fleece is a Black Friday doorbuster, and I'm pretty sure it's not on sale until Saturday. She also said that they can use an additional 20% coupon on the fleece, but that coupopn excludes doorbusters, so they can't use it on fleece. I know a lot of places have their BF previews out, but our store doesn't so stop pestering me.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• At the Green Shamrock, we have a 3 Day Sale starting on Black Friday. I don't think even the SM knows what items are going on sale yet. We don't find out any sooner than the customers here. But, hey, the first 25 Black Friday customers get a free bottle opener...

Comment

• No, asshole, there's nothing wrong with our gas. The fact that your truck suddenly won't start, after you drove it into the lot, parked it, and shut it off is unrelated to the gas you put in it. Yes it is. Stop fucking glaring at me. See? Even my manager told you it had nothing to do with our gas. Oh, hey, look at that...you managed to start your truck and drive away just fine after someone came to try and help you. Thanks a lot for wasting everyone's time. Don't come again.
                            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Quoth Captain Neon View Post
                              At the Green Shamrock, we have a 3 Day Sale starting on Black Friday. I don't think even the SM knows what items are going on sale yet. We don't find out any sooner than the customers here. But, hey, the first 25 Black Friday customers get a free bottle opener...
                              And the first 25 Black Friday SC's get a free bottle opener inserted into an orifice...

Comment

• First, you came to a popular mall in the middle of a Saturday during the first weekend of hunting season. Of course it's insanely busy with long lines. Second, you walked up to a lane with no light on. Did you really think it was open if alllll the other customers were waiting in long lines elsewhere? If it were open they'd be there. Third, I immediately told you before you loaded your stuff on the counter that I was closing so you wouldn't have to re-load your cart. You didn't have to make that nasty face at me. I have every right to leave when I'm scheduled. In fact, I was 8 minutes over that.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X