Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is another very good reason to always wash new garments before wearing them.

Comment

• Dear idiot adult who sent your aging relative out for that superhot camera you saw online three days ago,

It seems you couldn't be bothered to check the order status of the camera before you told them that was what you wanted for Christmas. I was kind and tried to order it through our store systems for him, despite doing the same thing for two previous customers and getting the same results earlier in the week.

Here is the camera in question, which can not be found ANYWHERE within my district, not even in the distro warehouse.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

• If I pause more than a millisecond to answer your "Where is [item]?" question, that means I'm trying to remember where they moved [item] today. If you immediately pop off with "You don't know! I'll find someone else!" be prepared for everyone else to not know, and redirect you back to me (it's especially entertaining when my manager does that).

(I've gained a reputation for knowing where everything is on the floor, and a DM is always messing with the planograms much to my manager's annoyance).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• ^ Your whole post makes me happy. I'd love to watch that scenario happen over and over. They deserve it.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• ^^Warms the cockles of my heart, it does.

Mine: Maybe not a sucky customer but a rather entertaining one. There are long waits at the food stamp office. If you miss your number being called, you will need to get another number and wait again, so most people tell one of the workers when they are going to go outside. We tell the person who keeps track of that and she writes the time and their number down in case they are called.

This customer said she wanted to get a breath of fresh air and left the building at 12:50. She was still gone when I relieved the keeping track worker for lunch at 1:15. At 1:30, she was called and her worker made a point to look for her in the restroom and call her number outside. We don't like to no-show people, but we did.

Customer came back at 1:47 and asked if she had been called. When told that she had been 15 minutes ago, she wanted me to call her worker and tell her that she was here. When I explained that her worker had already called another customer, she wanted that worker to call her next. Nope, can't do that either. You have to sign in again and get a new number at the back of the line.

Well, her worker already called her, so shouldn't the customer called first be the next one to see her? No.

As I was checking her in, she saw a worker walking a customer out and told that worker that she could take her now. Sorry, no, that's not how it works. She was gone for almost an hour, she lost her place in line, now she has to wait until her number was called again.

She sat where she could see the workers walking people out and would tell each worker that she was ready to be seen next.

She was never rude or demanding about it. She was actually rather charming in her approach. The worker was needing a case, and she was waiting for a worker. What would be easier than for the worker to take her now?
            Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 12-20-2016, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
              She sat where she could see the workers walking people out and would tell each worker that she was ready to be seen next.

She was never rude or demanding about it. She was actually rather charming in her approach. The worker was needing a case, and she was waiting for a worker. What would be easier than for the worker to take her now?
              As someone who deals with a take a number system, this sort of thing gets old quick. I know she was nice about it, but the fact is that she missed her turn. You guys did everything possible to find her, and she just wasn't there. Pestering everyone to try to get out of taking another number is annoying.

At my work we pretty much have to help them because they will throw a fit, and demand a manger and get helped anyway. It's not at all fair, and I wish we could just say no like you can. Today some younger women didn't have a number at all, when I asked if they had a number they said "no but we were after that lady." And I looked around, and the other people waiting didn't seem to mind, so I just helped them. (can you tell I've just stopped caring?) I said that next time you have to get a number. They seriously rolled their eyes at me. I honestly was so close to saying "you know what, never mind, you DO need a number." But I need this job for a little longer.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• ^I can certainly see why it would be annoying to someone who has to deal with that every day.

We get people who want to get their old place back all the time. Its a long wait in a cold, crowded waiting room. Its never fun to be told that one has to go back to the end of any line, especially ours. If there is any possibility that they missed being called due to our error, we will make them next in line.

If not, and the customer wants to talk to a manager, we can call one. The manager will say the same thing we told them and then tell us to add them to the line. Of course, during this process, other people will be added to the line in front of the customer.

Most people get lines and numbers and stuff so once they do get their number, they only speak up when a higher number in their line gets called before them.

To us, her approach was amusing. She was a young, slender, very cute woman who looked at you with an expectant childlike look. It was like she had never been introduced to the concept of waiting in line and didn't really grasp it.

Imagine a fairy princess transported to this ugly world by an evil wizard, looking for help and succor and trusting that someone here would help her return to her rightful place.

Sadly for her, even those of us who are too young to be jaded are. She was politely told that she would have to wait her turn.
                Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 12-20-2016, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• Stop asking me for the best route then second-guessing me. If it was faster to do what you're suggesting then that's what I would have said in the first place.
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• I'm the only one at the front desk right now. Calling over and over again asking for the same person (who works all over the hotel and isn't always in his office) isn't going to get me to go track him down (I can't leave the desk unattended), nor can I wave a magic wand and make him appear. Just leave a message and stop blowing up my phone, I have paperwork to do.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Complaining that the machines are hard to understand will not get you any sympathy. They have big arrows pointing to what you have to push or where to put your money, the only way it could be easier was if it had mechanical arms to get your wallet out of your pocket & remove the money automatically.
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Again with 'common sense':

I do give you points for waiting until I had one foot on the floor, but for the love of The Unspeakable One can you not see I still have an open utility knife? Don't grab the arm holding it (luckily mine has a large thumbscrew so I was able to instantly retract the blade, but still...).

The grocery minions don't vanish as soon as we come down from the rafters. I see you and will get to you when I ensure I will not fall or cut myself doing so.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• SC: I need to order a countertop. You can install it tomorrow, right?
                          Me: ...no. Way too soon. [Lead time is 2-3 weeks. If all the stars align, 5-8 days.]
                          SC: I understand. What about the 24th or 25th?
                          Me: That's kind of Christmas Eve and Christmas...
                          SC: Oh, right, right. How about the 31st?
                          Me: ........
                          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

• Has the current countertop had some kind of hideous accident involving a chainsaw? It's the only explanation I have for this kind of rush...

Comment

• Was the countertop color Angel Gabriel Blue?

To the lady who was gushing about how "wonderful it is in here today!" and how she loves that it was calm... What do you expect me to say? "Yes, there is no line today because most people are home with their families." Even though I'm not doing anything today, I wouldn't spend it shopping for non-emergency items, because I want all the workers to be able to go home on time or early. So talking about how nice it is for you to be able to shop without a line isn't making you any friends.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Expecting next-day usually just means they haven't done ANY research, and she accepted that calmly. The rest, I suspect, was her trying to plan her project around her vacation and being air-headed about exactly what dates she was asking for.

She needed the granite installed before Jan 4 because she had guests coming, which could have been done had she not been out of town between Christmas and New Year's - it's a very busy week but there were open slots. We managed to get her a next-day template appointment and install on the 4th itself, so it worked out well enough in the end.
                                It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
                                X