Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you lie to me and then try to tell me that you lied because of "excuse" I am going to find everything you say questionable. If that happens, I am going to want written verification of everything you have said. Don't waste your time asking me to call this person and then that person for verification, I won't do it. You lied to me. You admitted that you lied to me. I don't believe anything you are telling me and if you want your food stamps, you need to prove that everything you told me is the truth.

GRRRR!!! I always start by believing everything everyone tells me because I've been in some strange situations myself. One lie is enough to make me think that everything is a lie.

Comment

• Dear SC
      Stop blaming me for decisions our cooperate owners make. I am not the one who decided to close the store at midnight instead of being 24 hrs. In fact I'd really like my nights back because my pay check is now $200 shorter as I don't get that extra incentive money per hr anymore (but I'm working the same amount of time)

We have literally thousands of products in our store. My job is to ring them up not to stock them. I have no idea where they moved the *insert obscure item I've never actually seen come through the till* but I can call someone down who will know if we have it and where.

Yes I'm young and yet past the age of consent. Quit flirting with me. You're either young enough that it's disturbing or old enough to be creepy. And seriously? Is this the 70s? Don't call me 'Doll' or anything else ridiculously outdated. Specifically if you aren't old enough to be around during a time when such phrases might have been more common. You're my age. And it really isn't attractive. Also, stop with the creepy observations. The fact that you can correctly guess my cup size is not something I ever needed to know.

The belt will not keep rolling indefinitely if you put your groceries on it. It stops when something crosses the sensor. You can stop putting things down and then picking them back up just before the sensor anytime now. Have you ever even shopped at a grocery store before?

Stop handing me your basket when you are done unloading your groceries. There is a clear pile of baskets at the end of the till where you can put it. I have nowhere to put it.

There is no magic back room where we have 'fresher stuff'. It all came on the same truck and that just happens to be the stuff that didn't fit on the floor.

Stop leaving you're buggies at the till. You have to walk within a few inches of the buggie corral to leave the store. Just leave your 6 bags in the buggie, roll it to the door, take your bags out and get out of the freaking store.

Stop complaining when I ID you for smokes. Take it as a compliment. I don't care if we were in the same grad class. I don't remember you and I can kinda see why. It's part of my job. The one I will loose if I sell to anyone underage. Don't get pissy if I can't sell to you because you don't have ID either. I ID just about everyone who doesn't have granny wrinkles or grey hair.

Well, that gets that off my chest.
      "It's a joke not a dick. No need to take it so hard."

“Here’s $10, go to Walmart and buy a houseplant. Carry it around to make up for all of that oxygen you waste.”

Comment

• The belt will not keep rolling indefinitely if you put your groceries on it. It stops when something crosses the sensor. You can stop putting things down and then picking them back up just before the sensor anytime now. Have you ever even shopped at a grocery store before?
        More annoying, in my opinion is when people don't understand that the whole point of the belt is for you to put your items up on so I am not stuck waiting for you to unload your cart at the rate of 1 item every 5 sec. That also goes for people who don't know how to use the lane dividers

Yes, we do have to card everyone, no, there is nothing I can do about it, that is just the way it is.

No, I can't make *insert sale item* appear suddenly, there is still time left for you to get it, you will need to check later.

If I don't have a bagger in my lane, please, for the love of god almighty don't use cloth bags, they don't fit in the bag stand.

Comment

• Had told a client multiple times within this call that he was in the wrong dept. but tried to help him anyway. I finally had to correct his behavior with "OK, I am NOT stupid because I don't have a particular program on my computer!" I literally can't look at his account because of the type it is, except to tell him the general balance. He also used the word "moron" in addition to "stupid". He backtracked and said our company was stupid and I said I understood how he was feeling. Then I had to put him on hold to go to my coworker's desk in the other department and I guess he needed the time out because he was nicer after that. This is a guy who owns his own business with his name on the door. You'd think he could be more professional.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Today I learnt a whole new set of words (mostly of the 4 letter variety), because I asked someone for their name, and who they wanted to be connected to.

Best part was he called back straight away - I never seen someone hang up so quickly when I got him again.
            the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

• What is it with truffle honey?! We don't carry it, we will not carry it and I've explained why. You're far from the first person to ask. Go online and find a recipe; we do carry the ingredients to make it. Or you can buy the stuff ready-made on Amazon.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I just had to google truffle honey because I had no clue. So, its regular honey heated with shavings of truffle. I'm rather relieved by this because I was imagining a hive of starving bees that were only fed fungus pollen.

I have found a magic phrase to use on people who are complaining about how long it's taking to get their food stamps. "I'm sorry that this is so inconvenient for you. The typical interview time is 47 to 62 minutes. Would you like to terminate this interview and come back when its more convenient?"

For some reason, this seems to settle them right down and so far, nobody has ever taken me up on my offer.

Comment

• No, we don't carry that expensive electronic item smaller than a loaf of bread. We stocked one for a while, but after three of them were stolen from our store alone, and no one ever actually bought one here, our corporate offices decided not to carry them any more. Try "River in South America" they have several to choose from.

Comment

• Quoth brucetiki View Post
                    Today I learnt a whole new set of words (mostly of the 4 letter variety), because I asked someone for their name, and who they wanted to be connected to.
                    I see (or rather hear) those people on the train quite often. It's like they'll die if they say 4 words in a row without a swear word. Or they use F as punctuation or something. Honestly it's disgusting, and while research may show that people who swear are more intelligent, that level of swearing makes anyone sound like an idiot.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• This is why Uber is on the rise kids.

Today had a taxi driver call in, refused to tell me what his enquiry was (I was in the wrong department according to him), and then questioned why I was 'defending the company' when I said I couldn't help him if he wouldn't tell me what his enquiry was.

The notes on his profile indicate he's a regular pest.
                      the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

• People need to take responsibility. The mall closes at 6:00. If you're going to borrow a motorized cart from the mall, get your butt back in there before the door is locked. We aren't supposed to unlock it once the mall's closed for the sake of the mall employees' security. Yes, I know you have mobility issues, but all the more reason to have a plan.

Comment

• Had a middle-aged guy come in asking for a new key that not only didn't exist yet, but wasn't even filed for paperwork-wise. This means that the lock he wants a key for has not been created or installed in the place he wants to open.

This also means his old key still works to open the door he wants. This fact is unfortunate, because when we told him the key wasn't ready, he threw the old key at us and stomped away yelling we should call him ASAP when it is. I'm expecting a very subdued version of him to come in later and ask for his key back when he realizes this. Any extra sass and his key will have magically gone in for "reprocessing" (i.e. it gets destroyed for security reasons), which I have every right to do as soon as a high-security key is turned in. Tantrums get NOTHING.

Comment

• Sometimes we have to close off areas/rows with chains. It could be for any number of reasons. Some of these reasons include the area being reserved, the area being full, the area being a safety risk, or sometimes the area just flat-out being employees only.

A lot of guests take it upon themselves to just open up the chains themselves or go underneath them. They never seem to think "Gee, there is a chain blocking this area off. It must be for a reason!"

Today one of the shows was filling up. At the top of the stadium right in front of the soundbooth there is a concrete area with bright yellow lines painted all along it with "NO ACCESS" in big bold letters. The area is also blocked off by chains on both sides, with signs reading "TEAM MEMBERS ONLY" hanging from them.

I'm walking down the stairs behind a mom and her son who looked to be about 3 or 4. Their family was on the other side of the section. Instead of going back around she told her son to go underneath the chain and cross through there, and she started to undo the chain for herself. I politely asked her not to do that and to please go around. "YEAH BUT WE'RE RIGHT THERE"

Yeah. I don't care. You just told your son to very blatantly break the rules. There are two separate signs posted specifically telling people not to cross that area. Great parenting. If I hadn't caught her in time and she did cross nothing terrible would've happened. The tech team inside the soundbooth might be a little annoyed since they need a clear view of the stage at all times but life would've gone on. It's just the principle of the matter.

I know it's just a little thing to get so irritated about but I'm really sick of having to scold people for going over/under/through chains and barricades that clearly are not just there for decoration. When it is kids I can kinda understand but grown adults doing it is such a pet peeve of mine.

Comment

• ^ It would irritate me, too. She's raising a future EW.

Comment

• If someone is desperate for the toilet, then why would they queue to get on a pump, fill their car to the brim then wait ten minutes in a queue?
                                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X