Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Customer (looking at me puzzled) Is this area staffed?
    Me: Uh, yes?
    PC: I sent some pictures over on the internet. I can pick them up?
    Me: Yes? Last name?
    PC: Fused
    Me: Con Fused?
    PC: Yes.
    Me: Okay I can ring you up on the register up front.

It's no wonder I leave work most days with a headache.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• Quoth Trixie View Post
      Photo Customer (looking at me puzzled) Is this area staffed?
      Me: Uh, yes?
      PC: I sent some pictures over on the internet. I can pick them up?
      Me: Yes? Last name?
      PC: Fused
      Me: Con Fused?
      PC: Yes.
      Me: Okay I can ring you up on the register up front.

It's no wonder I leave work most days with a headache.

I feel you. Your customer is not to be *confused* (see what I did there?) with ...

"I'm picking up my order"
      Me: What name is it under?
      "XYZ"
      Me: I don't see anything under that name, is there another name it could be under?
      "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!"
      Me: Okay, let me try the phone number. What phone number did you put it in with?
      "555-555-5555"
      Me: Oh, okay! I see your order!
      "Damn straight, give it to me!"
      Me: You ordered it to be sent to our store in "other town"
      "Well great! Give them to me!"
      Me: I can't do that, the pictures are physically at that store, you'll have to go there to get them
      "What?! This is horrible customer service! You HAVE to go get them for me!" (eleventy)
      Me: <smiles>

The photo sucks never ends

Comment

• Quoth raw1989 View Post
        that's great but I never knew jumping up and down in elevators was bad guess I learned something new I do tell my daughter to stop only time I use them is when im with my son who is in a wheelchair other wise I use the escalator if not one I use the stairs if im in a hurry if im not I will use the elevator if that's the other option since I have a bad back
        I didn't know that either until I started but apparently it's pretty common. That said kids still need to be taught not to disrespect other people's property, especially if said property is the only way certain other people (like my hubby) can get to and from their hotel room.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Look, I get that you're in a hurry, but throwing money at me while staring at the platform & repeating "that's my train" doesn't actually tell me what you need. You've already missed it, accept your fate & engage with me, or we're all going to be here for a looong time!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• I'm really sorry that we don't have the part you are looking for; I'm sorry that the other store lied to you. We close in 15 minutes. The store 35 minutes away will be closed by the time you get there. Corporate shuts everything off 15 minutes after we are supposed to close. They can't stay open to sell this part to you. You can't be inconvenienced 20 minutes due to your lack of planning, but expect someone else to stick around an hour for you.

Comment

• I was apparently way more cautious of elevators than other kids! I wouldn't have jumped in them, I've been in elevators that someone DID jump in, and a scary alarm went off, the same noise as when an elevator is overloaded.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                Look, I get that you're in a hurry, but throwing money at me while staring at the platform & repeating "that's my train" doesn't actually tell me what you need. You've already missed it, accept your fate & engage with me, or we're all going to be here for a looong time!
                Not sure how Amtrak works but here in the mile high city all of our tickets stations for the commuter rail are automated. I'm sure it doesn't stop some people from arguing with the machine but you can either use it correctly or risk the penalties for fare jumping.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  I didn't know that either until I started but apparently it's pretty common. That said kids still need to be taught not to disrespect other people's property, especially if said property is the only way certain other people (like my hubby) can get to and from their hotel room.
                  My son is partially bound to a wheel chair so I know that all to well my mom stayed in a hotel once this was right after knee surgery so she couldn't bend her leg or get down stairs yet was learning how to bend her knee again and they broke yah she was stuck in her hotel room all night even despite me telling her to have the hotel call the non emergency number for the firefighters so they could get her down the stairs

Comment

• Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                    Not sure how Amtrak works...
                    Me neither. It's the one thing I regret most about my stay in the States, I never took the train.
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• I love Amtrak and take it for short-haul trips (typically Boston-NJ and back). My local station has both automated kiosks and staffed ticket counters; my only experience with the kiosks has been to scan a QR code from a prepaid ticket so I don't know if same-day tickets can be purchased.

I migrated out to college on the train; overall it was fun but the equipment on the long leg (Chicago-Albuquerque) was old and a bit poorly maintained...but I spent most of my time in the cool old bubble-top observation car.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Stop screaming in my ears its does you no good and its not going to change my answer that I can not refund you because we didn't charge your card.

Comment

• To the three coworkers who wandered by to ask me in a fearful manner:

What does it LOOK like I'm doing with scissors in my hand and half-page flyers in front of me?
                          Am I

a) Sacrificing animals to my dark gods?
                          b) Conducting the most boring symphony ever (let's call it Paper Cuts) ?
                          or
                          c) cutting the page in half?

Comment

• Why don't "I" want to fix our website? Seriously??

OK, I'll play:
                            (a) I am not IT
                            (b) the site is not down, you just don't know what you're doing
                            (c) you're an idiot

All three of those apply. Idiot.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• To a fellow customer at the "Dollar Only" store:

When you're standing in line at the cash register, it's NOT necessary to get as close as possible to the person in front of you. If I'd had to back up for any reason, I would've bumped into you.

Comment

• Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                                To a fellow customer at the "Dollar Only" store:

When you're standing in line at the cash register, it's NOT necessary to get as close as possible to the person in front of you. If I'd had to back up for any reason, I would've bumped into you.
                                Should have backed up. Right onto their foot. Bonus points if you're wearing heels. Then say I'm so sorry I didn't expect someone to be so close to me

Comment

Working...
                                X